What made YOU happy today?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by MixedMyth »

ARGLARLGLARGLARGL! D:

STUDIO GHIBLI IS MAKING A VIDEO GAME!

For a system I have, no less!

*explodes*
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by IVstudios »

MixedMyth wrote:ARGLARLGLARGLARGL! D:

STUDIO GHIBLI IS MAKING A VIDEO GAME!

For a system I have, no less!

*explodes*
Image

Mangaka2170
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere between asleep and awake...

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Mangaka2170 »

MixedMyth wrote:ARGLARLGLARGLARGL! D:

STUDIO GHIBLI IS MAKING A VIDEO GAME!

For a system I have, no less!

*explodes*
Awesome. What else can I say?
My webcomic, Frontier: 2170 (updating daily until Stage 02, then every Tuesday and Friday).

Stage 01 now available in ebook format (now you can read 2170 while offline!) http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/front ... 1/12295505

User avatar
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Ste-Julienne
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Ti-Phil »

MixedMyth wrote:ARGLARLGLARGLARGL! D:

STUDIO GHIBLI IS MAKING A VIDEO GAME!

For a system I have, no less!

*explodes*
I truly hope it will be released here!



Also, whoo! 2 hours bike ride today!
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

User avatar
KWill
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 am
Location: Disappointed
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by KWill »

Bishop Mixa is no longer a bishop. The pope accepted his resignation. One conservative asshole less.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8669747.stm
(The article isn't entirely accurate. He has been accused of sexual abuse in the past few days.)

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Bustertheclown »

Technically, it made me happy yesterday, but I'm still pretty thrilled today:

Got a new bike from my parents for my birthday. It's a Schwinn Delmar Cruiser, and it's like pedaling a cloud.
cruiser.JPG
cruiser.JPG (66.89 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
Today was a great day. Mother's day/my birthday party. Had a nice brunch, played some D&D with my bro and friends, had a bike ride with my nephew, and then barbecue and cake. Couldn't have asked for better.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
KWill
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 am
Location: Disappointed
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by KWill »

Well then happy belated birthday Buster!

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Bustertheclown »

Thanks! Don't worry, my birthday isn't until Wednesday. We just celebrated it this weekend.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Brockway »

I'm back home after 23 hours of driving from Virginia to Texas. Also, I bought a DS XL and Pokemon Heartgold. Ash's chosen one/all 3 starter pokemon/Misty and May 3-way getting ass is going down! I like the big screen and the non slippery plastic, but dang this thing is heavy! I don't know if old people could really hold an XL DS for more than 15 minutes before their tennis elbow or whatever kicks in.
IVstudios wrote:
MixedMyth wrote:ARGLARLGLARGLARGL! D:

STUDIO GHIBLI IS MAKING A VIDEO GAME!

For a system I have, no less!

*explodes*
Image
Heck yeah! Wish more games used the dual screens like that. Always loved how the world ends with you had the same scene spread across both screens.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Brisvegas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by RobboAKAscooby »

Bought the new Punk Goes Classic Rock and We Are The Emergency albums and a promising book on the history of punk by John Robb featuring non-stop interviews.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Bustertheclown wrote:Thanks! Don't worry, my birthday isn't untilWednesday.
KWill wrote: by KWill on 10 May 2010 01:42
Well then happy belated birthday Buster!
i helped


And happy birthday from me too, while I'm at it!
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

The Hawks dispatched the Canucks for the second year in a row.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJqlXkkNuc8
Image

User avatar
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2291
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Ahaugen »

the Habs slayed the Penguins. 5-2 final score. There'll be a new champion this year ... the team on the drive for 25!
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Bustertheclown »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
Bustertheclown wrote:Thanks! Don't worry, my birthday isn't untilWednesday.
KWill wrote: by KWill on 10 May 2010 01:42
Well then happy belated birthday Buster!
i helped


And happy birthday from me too, while I'm at it!
Thanks, Cuddly! That made me happy today.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Ahaugen wrote:the Habs slayed the Penguins. 5-2 final score. There'll be a new champion this year ... the team on the drive for 25!
Holy shit I know! I don't have the channel but I listened to the Habs' radio feed and could feel panic in Pittsburgh. That must be a total high having knocked off the Caps and then the Pens. Not bad for a team that snuck into the playoffs at pretty much the last second.

Man, the Bruins better wake up — they may blow a 3-0 lead on the series. It would be fun to see Satan get his name on the cup twice.
Image

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Phact0rri »

I schooled the office on the wonders of Rugby, today.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Terotrous »

MixedMyth wrote:ARGLARLGLARGLARGL! D:

STUDIO GHIBLI IS MAKING A VIDEO GAME!

For a system I have, no less!

*explodes*
It's called Ni no Kuni: The Another World. It was announced about 6-8 months ago.

Also, it's actually developed by Level 5, the same people responsible for Professor Layton. Studio Ghibli is responsible for the art.


There'll probably be more information on the game (as well as possible localization info) at E3.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Phact0rri »

my slow cooker had yummy lentil soup waiting for me when I got home.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Risky
69
Posts: 3834
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 8:41 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Risky »

Phact0rri wrote:my slow cooker had yummy lentil soup waiting for me when I got home.
Awesome. I want to get a slow cooker... not enough room in our kitchen though.

We looked at a house for rent the other day... the garden is amazing, in fact a lot about the house is amazing. Plus it's right across the main street (Hawthorne in Portland) so we won't have to leave our awesome neighborhood. Looking at the house made me happy... but it's a bit pricey... I dunno. Bigger kitchen though... I could get a slow cooker.

Mangaka2170
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere between asleep and awake...

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Mangaka2170 »

Almost finished painting this damn garage I've been working on. It was only supposed to take a week due to schedule conflicts, but because my employer didn't talk about everything involved (not to mention that we've never been able to put in a decent workday), the project has since ballooned into 2 and a half months. With any luck, it'll get done tomorrow, and hopefully I'll even get paid then.
My webcomic, Frontier: 2170 (updating daily until Stage 02, then every Tuesday and Friday).

Stage 01 now available in ebook format (now you can read 2170 while offline!) http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/front ... 1/12295505

Post Reply