Current Status (7/23/11): Ch. 1 - COMPLETED YEAH WOOO!!...Ch.2 inking in progress
(6/27/11): Ch. 1 - All the Flats are colored, 8 pages left to finish...Ch.2 inking in progress
(3/21/11): Ch. 1- finishing...Ch. 2 pencil details completed...Ch. 3 baselines started
(3/6/11): Ch. 1 INKING FINISHED FUCK YEAH... Ch. 3-4 panels printed.
(10/3/10): Ch. 1 drawings complete! Ch. 1 Inking commences.... Ch. 5 writing complete.
(8/20/10): Ch. 1 drawings 90% completed...Ch 2. baseline drawings completed
(7/24/10): Ch. 5 writing started....Ch 4 re-thumbnailed...Ch. 1 baseline drawings completed....Ch. 3-4 panels getting printed
(7/11/10): Ch 4 thumbnailing is finished...Ch 1 drawing continuing....Ch 2-4 panels getting printed.
(5/8/10): Ch 4 thumbnailing....Ch 3 planning is finished...Ch 1 drawing is started.
(5/6/10): Ch 3-4, thumbnailing....Ch 2 planning is finished...Ch 1 drawing is started.
(2/27/10): Ch. 2 - 4, Thumbnailing...Ch 1 planning is finished.
(01/24/10): Ch. 1 - 4, script is complete.
(10/31/09): Ch. 1 - 4, editing script
Well, I am
The redo process, and all my comic processes really go in these steps, if you're interested:
1. Scripting or idea building- Sometimes I write out complete dialogue, sometimes I just have an idea with some dialogue in my head
2. Thumbnailing- sketched out almost illegibly a quarter size, thumbnailed pages show me my layouts, characters, and where text will go. These first two steps are my "planning" stages.
3. Panel printing-I do my panels in photoshop and print them out. The fastest of all steps.
4. Baselines- I also call this my bubble stage. People are mostly shapes, there are a few expressions, and I write in where my text will be.
5. Details- I go back through all the pages and draw in details, hair, faces, clothes, touchups, whatever.
8. Finishing- shading, backgrounds, typing the text in. All that good stuff.
Currently I am focusing on the first four chapters. The beginning is by far and away the weakest part of all of the story. The writing is pretty terrible, as are most of the backgrounds and almost all of the art and coloring. To deny this would be ridiculous. Thus, this redo.
What this means for you? For most of you nothing. I would like for this to not interrupt current ARHT updates in any way. There will be no update schedule for redone pages. When the redoing actually happens, I will post completed pages on DA, and when I finish the first four chapters I will replace the current pages on comicgen with them. I will probably keep the old ones in an extra gallery if anyone wants to look at the terrible old stuff vs. the newer stuff.
If you would like to be of help, look over the first four and let me know what you think is retarded, or could have been addressed better, or have smoother dialogue, or whatever. I do have the bare bones of most of the redone stuff laid out, but I may be too close to it to see everything. Be as harsh as you wish as long as you are constructive. I would like to improve the beginning.