What made YOU happy today?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

I finished a thing! And I have 21 days left til I go home!

Hope Ryan's doing well.
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

User avatar
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Ekolter »

He got home late Tuesday. Doing well. Chillin' in his hospital bed in our living room area and resting atm. He's been up and walking around more frequently. He went out with MIL to do some errands on Wednesday for 2.5 hours. Wore him out. That's the absolutely max he can do. An hour at a time is about what he can do comfortably. Today we went to a park to walk around and get fresh air for both of my boys. Dr's orders to have him walk and go out for a bit each day. It's gonna to be a slow and steady recovery. He's on bedrest for about 8 weeks.

Feel free to call if you have our number(s). I'll be trying to move his computer downstairs in the next day so he can say 'Hi' to ya'll himself.

kingmaker
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 am

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by kingmaker »

My longest wish just came true yesterday so im really happy and today... Its fantastic when you achieve your dream...at least a part...

User avatar
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3269
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Laemkral »

I AM GETTING COMMAND!!!!!!! First, about a month ago, I was told "You're getting command of this detachment" and then come to find out that I'm actually not. A Captain is coming in to take command. Then, he might get diverted. Nope, not getting diverted. Then, I might get this Aide de Camp job in Heidelberg. Nope, not getting it. Resign myself to working as a Site OIC for a year and just being mellow...then today the Battalion Commander happens to be outside the Dining Facility as I'm going in for lunch.

"Oh, afternoon LT. Listen, I need to speak with you. It seems CPT Ramirez has been snatched up by Brigade, so you will be getting command of 624th after all. Just letting you know."

HAHAHAHHAHA!!! POWER! AUTHORITY!! A SIDEARM!!! This is absolutely the cherry on my day, which has been otherwise filled with frustration and me threatening to beat people with regulations.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

User avatar
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: in a lab doing SCIENCE!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Tellurider »

It's Friday.

That's enough for me right now.
Image
updates Thursdays

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Bustertheclown »

I got new green Chucks, and I fixed up my sister's abandoned bike, so I could press it into service under my ass.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Tim
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: State of WA, formerly MA
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Tim »

Laemkral wrote:and me threatening to beat people with regulations.
Now you get so many more options for your beatings!

Sir, congratulations, sir! *salutes*

Will you be promoted to captain, then?
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

So this happened a million years ago:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:We had a cute waiter yesterday, I couldn't for the life of me think of who he looked like, and it was really irritating me because it felt really obvious. And it was, because I sat down to watch the Andy Griffith Show and there it was, he looks like Ron Howard.

Young adult Ron Howard, not Opie Ron or AARP Ron.
And I went out last night to a party and HE WAS FUCKING THERE! I didn't tell him about his looking like Ron Howard though, mostly because I was laughing too hard about him being there since I was honestly never expecting to see him again in all my life.
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

User avatar
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Brisvegas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by RobboAKAscooby »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:So this happened a million years ago:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:We had a cute waiter yesterday, I couldn't for the life of me think of who he looked like, and it was really irritating me because it felt really obvious. And it was, because I sat down to watch the Andy Griffith Show and there it was, he looks like Ron Howard.

Young adult Ron Howard, not Opie Ron or AARP Ron.
And I went out last night to a party and HE WAS FUCKING THERE! I didn't tell him about his looking like Ron Howard though, mostly because I was laughing too hard about him being there since I was honestly never expecting to see him again in all my life.
I know there's the opportunity for a Happy Days pun here but I can't think of a good one :lol:
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff

User avatar
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3269
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Laemkral »

Tim wrote:
Laemkral wrote:and me threatening to beat people with regulations.
Now you get so many more options for your beatings!

Sir, congratulations, sir! *salutes*

Will you be promoted to captain, then?
Nope, I'm not in the zone for promotion to Captain, not for another year. While yes, company command is for Captains, I'll be taking command of a a detachment, which is the same level but smaller than a company. I still have the full authority of any other unit commander, I just have fewer people to be responsible for and over which I can use that authority.

And thank you :D
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

User avatar
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Brisvegas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by RobboAKAscooby »

I managed to get forty pages written in one night.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Bustertheclown »

RobboAKAscooby wrote:I managed to get forty pages written in one night.
That's hot.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by IVstudios »

Bustertheclown wrote:
RobboAKAscooby wrote:I managed to get forty pages written in one night.
That's hot.
What he didn't tell you is each pages just says "Robbo is Awesome" in huge letters.

User avatar
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Brisvegas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by RobboAKAscooby »

IVstudios wrote:
Bustertheclown wrote:
RobboAKAscooby wrote:I managed to get forty pages written in one night.
That's hot.
What he didn't tell you is each pages just says "Robbo is Awesome" in huge letters.
Believe me if I was gonna call someone awesome it wouldn't be me.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Brockway »

I started reading the Temeraire series. For those who haven't heard of it, it involves dragons and an alternate history Great Britain at war with Napoleon. Did I mention they ride dragons? Cause there's dragons. The book pushes soo many of my happy buttons. I finished the first book in 2 days. Started the second one, will have 3 more to read before I have to track down the 6th book which wasn't on the Sony store yet.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by MixedMyth »

I've always been curious about that series, but I wasn't sure it just looked good or was actually good. Glad to hear you like it!
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Everyone has been very polite and cordial and my friend paid for my milk, Bagel Bites, and another frozen pizza product. Things are swell for now!
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Bustertheclown »

I spoke to all my teachers today, and I'll be going to spend time at school a lot from now on. It feels good to have projects to keep me busy for awhile.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Brockway »

MixedMyth wrote:I've always been curious about that series, but I wasn't sure it just looked good or was actually good. Glad to hear you like it!
I'm on to the 3rd book now. The books seem to be fairly short though at around 300 pages each. Haven't been this addicted to a series since I started the Inda books back around August last year. Not counting the Foundation series, of course.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

stiffanbond
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 am

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by stiffanbond »

Today, The weather and playing with my dogs. My cat is looking out of the window and making a funny noise at the birds on the porch - she sounds like they are getting on her last nerve! That's funny.

Post Reply