So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by MixedMyth »

Spaceprincess wrote:planet 51 i didn't expect much from it but it was really bad. the jokes just kept missing and the story was horrid. I understand it was written for kids but the kid in me hated it.
Such a shame. It was a cute idea....I wanted it to be good. But I think I'll be avoiding it now.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

kingmaker
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 am

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by kingmaker »

I have seen some movie which are not so good.. The worst paranormal activity.. I hate that movie so badly..

User avatar
Spaceprincess
Regular Poster
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: omicron persi i 8
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by Spaceprincess »

MixedMyth wrote:
Spaceprincess wrote:planet 51 i didn't expect much from it but it was really bad. the jokes just kept missing and the story was horrid. I understand it was written for kids but the kid in me hated it.
Such a shame. It was a cute idea....I wanted it to be good. But I think I'll be avoiding it now.
well don't take my word, I usually don't like computer animated movies. It had a few clever moments but neither that nor Justin Longs indie cred could save it. I did like the rover character, it was mildly funny.

User avatar
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: in a lab doing SCIENCE!
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by Tellurider »

I was unimpressed with Clash of the Titans.

Original is better. But giant scorpions are HILARIOUS! Laughed myself to tears over that.
Image
updates Thursdays

User avatar
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by Ekolter »

Rented 'Old Dogs' from the office. It was very predictable. Robin Williams just needs to hang it up if his acting in this film continues .

User avatar
Lostmind
Regular Poster
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by Lostmind »

kingmaker wrote:I have seen some movie which are not so good.. The worst paranormal activity.. I hate that movie so badly..
Agreed, what made it worse was that everyone I know really thought the movie was real.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by Warren »

I still hated "No Country For Old Men". What kind of ending was that?
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by McDuffies »

Talk about weird endings, check their follow-up, Burn After Reading.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by MixedMyth »

Warren wrote:I still hated "No Country For Old Men". What kind of ending was that?
I know, I did too. I can see what they were going for, but I still think it was lame. Actually, I was pretty bored through the whole movie.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by IVstudios »

I had heard so many people complaining about how No Country ended that I was expecting it to be much worse than it was and it ended up not bothering me.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by MixedMyth »

Hah! Funny how that works, isn't it? It went the other way for me and Princess and the Frog. Everyone said it was soooo good so that when I actually saw it, I was very disappointed. Thought it was very trite, even for disney fare.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by Yeahduff »

Why on god's green earth are Coen Brothers movies being discussed in this thread.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by MixedMyth »

Because their movies are the kind you either love or hate, with very little middle ground?
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by Yeahduff »

I dunno, both of those films seem unimpeachable.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by McDuffies »

I quite liked "No country for the old men". Not so much "Burn after reading", it seemed like an exercise in weirdness more than anything else. The latest one, tho, is pretty great (seen it the other night in the cinema. I actually almost walked out of the projection in first few minutes of the film, thinking that I walked into the wrong room. I should know better). Still, I'm waiting for something to rank as high as "Burton Fink" and "The man who wasn't there".
Because their movies are the kind you either love or hate, with very little middle ground?
They aren't as divisive as Lynch, Gilliam, Aronofsky or even Fincher. I think that could be said for pretty much any original director, if you go for something that's not middle of the road, you're pretty much bound to inspire some strong opinions about your work.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by Yeahduff »

I suppose I could excuse not getting Burn After Reading. I thought it was pure absurd genius, though. I imagine it being rewarding on repeat viewings.

Serious Man was great too. Every scene is vaguely unsettling.

Would you put Fargo in the top tier?
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by MixedMyth »

Haven't seen Fargo, so I wouldn't know.

This came up in chat a while back, but for the love of god and all that you hold dear, never see Theodore Rex. Oh. My. God. That movie haunts my nightmares with its awfulness, yet my brain refuses to let me forget it.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by Yeahduff »

From when you saw it over a decade ago......

right?
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by MixedMyth »

Yes, very much yes. I have yet to be able to purge it from my mind.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Re: So anyone seen a bad movie lately?

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Is that the movie with Whoopi Goldbreg in it? I remember seeing it at a Blockbuster (remember those assholes?) and thinking, "...oy vey."
Image

Post Reply