bit characters

Talk to the creators of Drow Love and discuss this DnD-based comic.

bit characters

Postby Lacewing on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:43 pm

can't all the bit poeple get at least a mention somewhere? For some of us, we might have gotten cut out for whatever differences, but still. We'd worked hard while we where here.

-druid fighter girl.
Lacewing

Re: bit characters

Postby Yubi Shines on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:32 pm

Heyyy! Sorry I took so long to reply, I don't view the forums regularly.

I was thinking about mentioning the "vanished" characters in the cast page, but I'm loathe to do that, since the comic is assembled to try and make a cohesive plot, and in all honesty, those characters didn't contribute very much to the storyline.

What can be easily done, though, is putting a question-and-answer in the FAQ that'll name those characters and link back to your Tegaki pages. Would that be fine?
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Yubi Shines
Regular Poster

Postby Lacewing on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:22 pm

So long as there is at least some acknowledgment. After all while they might not have done 'much' for story or plot or something. Some of us had still worked hard on the bits we'd done and just because we where not able to fit into the story seamlessly (bad timing, mood of the other players, ect) as others did later, does not mean that we can just be ignored. Just a 'and small contributions by 'so and so' and 'so and so' with links would be enough. At least acknowledge our existence. Because after all. like in my case. I didn't even KNOW of this comic starting and would have liked at least permission ASKED before my character showed up on something like this. Even in the early bit part.
Recognition of my time you know?
Lacewing

Postby Luminance on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:14 pm

There's actually been talk of us redoing the whole first chapter, since it's fairly nonsensical and has characters appearing and disappearing like mad.

Hopefully we will be able to do this, since editing out the "bit characters" is a little hard when they were in posts we drew.
Luminance
Regular Poster

Postby Sheala23 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:15 pm

There's gotta be a nicer way to say that, Lacewing.
Sheala23

Return to Drow Love is Tough Love