North Prairie Adventures - Rifts IC

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.

Postby Thunderhowl on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Track Brodkil by scent roll. (1d100=19)

Rex growls low in the back of his throat as he shies away from the cluster of mages and the flame-shrouded Burster. He sniffs the air thoughtfully as he hefts the NG-P7 to his shoulder. Rex jogs off to the east a few paces to see if the wind carries the scent to him a little better once he's a little further from the TK hangar and the magic users.

"No, it wouldn't leave without the Dog Boy it was using to track with."

**Tom, how tall is the Red Barn? Could the Brodkil leap up onto it's roof?**
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:52 am

Rex catches the scent of death and demon sweat almost right away. Like Karsh said, it leads into the parking lot and away from the street.

**since it will take another round for Morgan to finish his See the Invisible Spell, Rex can move if he'd like. The same goes for Karsh and Fae'lin**

The Red Barn stand just under three stories tall, about 20-27 feet tall. depending on what part of the roof. Judging by his dramatic leap across the street you guess it could probably get up there pretty easily if it wanted.

Convenience Link!
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Thunderhowl on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:50 am

Rex jogs cautiously towards the source of the demon's rank scent, motioning to Karsh to move to a flanking position on the west end of the parking lot. Ideally, they'll be able to get the demon in a crossfire and cut it to pieces. Eyeing the roof for a moment, he takes note of any positions that would be good sniper points. That demon seemed cunning enough to try to use them.

He shudders as the human calling itself Dark Energy soars upwards, and at the fact that he now has turned his back on both a sorcerer AND an unregistered Burster. Only his feeling that they aren't evil, and that they seem willing to help him destroy the demon that he KNOWS is evil keeps him from reverting to his training and treating them as hostile.

As he follows the horrendous stench of the demon, he remembers his first meeting with Karsh, and how scared he was when he realized the minotaur parts weren't cosmetic. Maybe these people are like Karsh, and not bad people? Maybe it's like Karsh says, that the Coalition isn't right all the time, and that not all D-Bees are bad?

Rex snorts and shakes his head, turning his full attention back to the matter at hand. The demon. It's close. Rex can smell it. And he's going to kill it. Humanity MUST be protected.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Alina P on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 am

Jane blinks as the mage walks back into sight... four times. That's one she hasn't seen before. It's got to be a spell... They're all moving exactly the same and she's sure she didn't see more than one of them out on the street earlier.

On the plus side, he's back in sight and near a lot of firepower, so he can't be caught on his own in an alley. On the other hand, he's right out in the open and sure does make a nice, big, magic-using target.
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Postby Xaq on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:46 pm

Karsh snorts as everyone procedes to ignore him.

"What am I, here, chopped liver?"

He watches as Rex and the Line Walker move off across the parking lot, with the costumed stranger flying overhead. He shakes his head ruefully. Rex doesn't seem to know these newcomers, but he doesn't seem overly concerned about them either. Resigning himself to yet another fight that could have been avoided, Karsh brings up the rear, covering Rex and muttering to himself:

"I swear, Boy, one of these days you're gonna bite off more than you can chew and I ain't gonna be there to pull your tail out of the fire..."
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Chibiyuri on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:10 am

Fae'lin watches in awe as 4 visions of the line walker walk towards them, all of them the same, and all of them talking to Dark Energy at once. She watches as Dark Energy takes off to the air, and the others start to spread out. Fae'lin decides to stay near the injured dogboy and the priest, just encase the demon tries to retrieve him. She stands on guard ready for an attack, and to protect them.
She replies to the Minotaur:
Nah your not chopped liver, if you were you could feed a family for months. It just seems that everyone is concentrating on the events happening and they want to protect those that can't protect themselves. Name's Fae'lin by the way.

And wonders to herself:
Just how did I end up protecting a Dogboy? Oh well, this just might actually end up being a good thing, he doesn't seem to be with the CS anymore and besides this could be fun.
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:38 am

As the others seek out the Brodkil, Pedro and Fae'lin watch over the Psi-Hound. The psi-hound looks nervously at the bolt of plasma floating within Fae'lin's hand but says nothing. Pedro gives it a sip of water every 5 seconds or so and says that he'll heal him up good as new in just a few minutes.

Jane loses sight of the main group as they move into the parking lot cautiously. Most of the people on the street are either continuing on with their lives or cautiously gawking from nearby cover. There are a few locals who are still curious however and determined not to let things get out of sight for long.

Rex follows the scent to the corner of the building, it seems to go around the back of the Red Barn. Morgan catches up with him as he gets ready to go around the corner. Karsh detects no new infrared signals but gets a pretty wash of colors as a hover vehicle takes off on the airstrip behind the parking lot. Dark Energy gains altitude and can see more of the area but nothing stands out yet, the buildings are tall enough for the Brodkil to hide behind, but there's no sign of him on the street or on the airstrip behind the Red Barn so he must be staying out of sight.

Dark Energy does notice that some of the techno-wizards next door have come up onto the roof with some heavy weapons, the three of them all shimmer with magic and are kind of transparent. This must be what invisibility looks like with that spell cast on him!

**Second actions please, I would have made this a more detailed post but I'm kinda busy today**
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Punstarr on Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Dark Energy is a bit leery of the techno wizards with the big guns but pays them little heed, instead soaring over the buildings that the demon may be hiding behind, eyes peeled for any sign of the brute. He keeps a height of about 200 feet, thinking that if he does see it, it'll be a fairly big target.
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Xaq on Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Until Rex gets tired of tracking the Demon, or a target presents itself, Karsh is just going to carry on following Rex and keeping him covered, while scanning around for enemies.
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Grtdrgn on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Morgan is very wary of the fact that they are not only searching for the creature, but there is also the matter of the Psi-Stalkers still in the area. Hoping that the scholar will be able to warn them of anything coming from that part of the street, he focuses on the task at hand.

In spite of knowing that the Dog Boy doesn't like his casting, he realizes that the dog can't see the creature if it is still invisible, so he quickly casts See the Invisible on the Dog Boy. **(66 PPE remaining after casting)**

Then, hoping to flush out the creature without getting himself hurt, he focuses his willpower to move one of his images--separately from the rest--just around the corner of the Red Barn. **now I wish Rifts had a Bind Sight spell so I could see what the image sees**

**Holds remaining actions for now dependent on what happens next**
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Chibiyuri on Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Catching a nervous look from the wounded dogboy, Fae'lin grins while saying:
Don't worry, I'm helping protect you, this bolt is for that thing that was attacking you, if it decides to poke its head out again.

She then turns and looks at the priest:

He going to be alright? Need an extra hand at healing him?
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:48 am

Pedro smiles at Fae'lin "Thank you but no, I channel the breath of Ehactl into this one well enough, he shall be fully healed in a matter of minutes. There is no need to worry about his wounds." He gestures a bit with his rifle, "We merely need to assure there are no new wounds to heal."

Over by the barn the multiple images of the spellcaster fan out in a support pattern around Rex with Karsh looming behind him. The presence of his friend the giant, terrifying cyborg D-bee is actually something of a comfort to Rex. The mage begins casting another spell as you peek around the corner. At first you see just a couple of people scattering from the back door of the Red Barn, then suddenly the door slams shut on its own!

As the magic of the new spell washes over rex, a ghostly image of the Brodkil shimmers into magic visibility. In his left hand hang the heads of his crew, while his right is stretched against the door. The creature lets out another roar and grows in height as his legs begin extending. He kicks a few of the rubbish bins behind the lounge as he moves forward, scattering empty bottles and trash before him and actually hitting one of the fleeing lounge patrons.

**Dark Energy sees him there just before Rex peeks around the corner, the creature glanced inside the Red Barn before slamming the door shut. Dark Energy could have said something out loud or signaled if he wanted to.

Karsh will pick up the creature's signature once he's in view.**

The others near the street he the roar and a crashing sound of bottles and trash cans being scattered but there is no reports of gunfire yet and no other screams.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA

Postby Thunderhowl on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:57 am

Rex snarls and drops to one knee, smoothly bringing the NG-P7 on line for a shot.
"CONTACT! REAR OF THE RED BARN!"

Aimed Shot at the Brodkil. Damage is second roll x10 (1d20+3=21, 1d4=1)

**OOC: Suckiest. Damage Roll. Ever. 10 MDC**
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image
User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines

Postby Punstarr on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Dark Energy spots the demon and yells out as he fires a regular shot of energy from his fists...

Ha! Gotcha!

...which goes wide and hits the ground, sending a small cloud of dirt spraying up.

Or... maybe not. Crap.

**To hit: 1d20 - 3**
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Xaq on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Karsh sighs, but now that Rex has opened fire, there seems to be no getting out of this now. Karsh takes some solace in the fact that at least the demon seems to be endangering civilians, so there's something to be said for taking him down.

Karsh waits for a clear shot with no innocent bystanders in the way, and opens up with a short burst of plasma fire:

Hit Roll = 15 + 1 for WP Heavy = 16

Damage Roll = 18 x 2 for burst fire = 36 MD

"Hey, leave them people alone, jackhole!"
Image
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Postby Grtdrgn on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Morgan hears Rex identify that the creature is behind the Red Barn and moves himself and the other images around the corner to give the monster more to think about. Morgan fires an aimed shot at the main body of the creature.

**Roll to strike with +3 from WP (forgot to add the +1 to strike from Multiple Image into the roll, and I think that still applies.)= 9+1=10 Damage roll if it hits 13**

He immediately follows with the incantation for Cloud of Smoke, casting it on the foul beast in an attempt to obscure its ability to fight back.

**2 PPE for Cloud of Smoke. 64 PPE remains**
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Postby Alina P on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:24 pm

Jane hears the roar and the clattering of trash cans in the distance, and braces herself for the gunfire. It takes a moment or two to follow, but follow it does, along with some shouting.

She risks leaving her cover long enough to check on the priest, Burster and wounded dog boy. The hound hasn't moved from where he was dropped, which is good, since he would likely be the first to react if the PsiStalkers were nearby.

Now there's an idea... She's blind to the presence of the PsiStalkers, but the Dog Boy isn't... Besides, if that ruckus spills onto the street, the Burster wouldn't be bad to have nearby...

She does a quick check of the risks involved - if she's recognized by either of the Dog Boys, her cover is blown. On the other hand, she's a long way from Coalition lands, and as long as she doesn't get too close to him, the hound has other more pressing things to worry about. Like the ruckus from down the street...

She checks the street, and then slips towards the alley closer to the Dog Boy. So that the sight of a woman creeping around with a pistol doesn't alarm the trio, she calls out softly.

"Hey! I got you covered." As she moves, she jerks her head towards where the gunfire came from to indicate what she's covering them from.
User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Postby Chibiyuri on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:03 am

After hearing all the ruckus on the other side of the building and hearing a new voice call out in her direction, Fae'lin glances and grins to the female human with a pistol and responds to her annoncement......

Thanks, I think at this point, from the sounds of things, any help is good help. Not sure how much damage you are going to do with that pistol though, the other dogboys rifle didn't even faze that thing.
Image
For the request which I am going to ask of you, please reply with either "Okay" or "Yes".
User avatar
Chibiyuri
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am
Location: The Hollows

Postby Punstarr on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:10 pm

As the cloud of smoke appears and obscures the demon, he blinks... more trickery of the demon, perhaps? It had to be. He narrows his eyes. Not on my watch, he thinks as he blasts the demon again with a normal strength blast.

**Energy Blast: 17 + 6 = 23, Damage 3d6 = 7**
Image
User avatar
Punstarr
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm
Location: Olympia, WA

Postby Grtdrgn on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:23 pm

Firing another shot from his energy rifle into the middle of the mass of smoke, Morgan yells to Karsh, "Minotaur, blast that creature while he's confused from the smoke and multiple images!"

**Did not give any strike modifiers on my roll, due to the smoke.
17 to strike, 7 damage**
Image
Image
User avatar
Grtdrgn
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 pm

PreviousNext

 

Return to Weregeek



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest