200 pages... or bust?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Lunar
Regular Poster
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Do I look insane?
Contact:

Post by Lunar »

Over half my archive was completed this year... and my comic hasn't hit 50 yet.
Image

Image

User avatar
Phinmagic
Regular Poster
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by Phinmagic »

Legion of Boom wrote:Keep on truckin' Barry! The first 200 strips are the toughest. Kinda like making your first million $$$. :P
Oh that's 200 this year, I have well over 650 from many moons of self publishing and stuff. I am finally being more consistant and prolific regularly!


:D
Barry
Image

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

Eve Z. wrote:84 this year for SL + 37 for Ted Pax would make a victorious 121 pages. for now. ;)

I never thought about how many pages I've done this year, but thanks! :D
then a good "kick ass" to you as well sir.... I mean mam.

actually been meaning to read the Synthetic life, but have yet to get around to it. it shall be MY NEW YEARS REVOLUTION..resolution.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

You guys are making me feel inadequate with my comic count this year.

Good game!
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Td501
Regular Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Td501 »

I try to get one out once a week, but fell way short of that in my first year. Think I did about 37. But at least that makes it easy to do better this year! :P This thread's a fine inspiration!

User avatar
Jekkal
Regular Poster
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:18 am
Contact:

Post by Jekkal »

200 is awesome.

I'll settle for 100 pages this year on my end (that's either two years' weekly or one year twice a week... either way, if I can do it, I'm set!)
Image

User avatar
Redtech
Regular Poster
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:15 am
Location: 'Terror central' London
Contact:

Post by Redtech »

If strip 100 is an indication, Meiosis 200 will rock hard as far as I care.
Sometimes the failed experiments are the ones that don't try to kill you
Image

User avatar
Phinmagic
Regular Poster
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

FINAL COUNT...

Post by Phinmagic »

My final count fell short! I made it to 199! Oh well, maybe next year! :-?
Barry
Image

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Post by Bustertheclown »

You're such a failure. :wink:
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:08 am
Location: A little place at the southeast end of America
Contact:

Re: FINAL COUNT...

Post by Dragonkingdoms »

phinmagic wrote:My final count fell short! I made it to 199! Oh well, maybe next year! :-?
Just before I reached this post, I thought "He probably only reached 199." and turned out to be correct.

User avatar
Noemz
Regular Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: FINAL COUNT...

Post by Noemz »

phinmagic wrote:My final count fell short! I made it to 199! Oh well, maybe next year! :-?
Damn damn damn damn damn!

Heheh. Damned good work. 199 pages is incredible. I'm lucky if I hit 50 in a year.
Zeera the Space Pirate - Go where no man has gone before... and leave the seat up.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

My worst year as far as comic productivity goes. Ever.
But I've seen a lot of films.

User avatar
MrSynnerster
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:58 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Post by MrSynnerster »

congrats on 200 pages.

User avatar
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:08 am
Location: A little place at the southeast end of America
Contact:

Post by Dragonkingdoms »

mcDuffies wrote:My worst year as far as comic productivity goes. Ever.
But I've seen a lot of films.
Same here, for the first part.
22 pages of Dawn of a New Era (Jan-March)
0 pages of Dragon Kingdoms*
2 pages of Dragon Kingdoms Remake (June-July)
4 pages of Dawn of a New Era V2 (May-Dec)

*the comic, not the site.
Bringing the total to 28. Add the style experiment pages (2 in April, 1 in August) and it's 31. I don't count the jams.

Though 2003 (about 40) and 2005 (low 30s) were close. I used to do an even 60 pages a year (52 regular and 8 holiday)
I didn't see a single movie in theaters in 2007, though.

Post Reply