Party at Nanda's - What kind of sandwich do you want?

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Nanda on Sun May 20, 2007 4:46 pm

The Mortician wrote:Mel & I are both coming at this point. I almost couldn't because of a rescheduling by my boss... (didn't realize it was a holiday Monday ). I put my foot down about someone's birthday to get it. :-?

We won't be able to see Paprika. After checking the official English site... it only playing in NYC & LA.

Bummer. :cry:

I saw a preview for it here in Rhode Island, though... :(
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Sun May 20, 2007 5:04 pm

D: I highly hope I'm wrong.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Sun May 20, 2007 6:36 pm

I checked other online sites.... it IS only NYC! :cry:
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Sun May 20, 2007 7:04 pm

Unless we're willing to go see Pirates 3, there may be no movie-going this weekend. (I'd like to see it, but I understand if the rest of the group doesn't want to.) Or there's other recently released films like Shrek. *shrug*

So, movies and the zoo may be scratched. Still, there's gaming and drawing, Blockbuster if we're still in a movie mood. I know it may not sound like much, but honestly just a lazy afternoon hanging out with friends sounds just fine to me :)

By the way, I'm pretty much confirmed for going at this point. Nanda, would you mind PM'ing me your address so I can make sure I've got the directions right?
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby Nanda on Sun May 20, 2007 11:05 pm

Tim wrote:I know it may not sound like much, but honestly just a lazy afternoon hanging out with friends sounds just fine to me :)

Tim, you're a man after my own heart. Well, we'll just chalk this one up to "the best laid plans of mice and men." If nothing else, we can still hang out, order greasy food, watch movies, draw, game, anything you guys want.

(Btw, I saw Shrek 3, and it wasn't all that great. Hardly worth the price of admission.)

So... If it rains, when do we want to get together? Noon? 1:00?
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Sun May 20, 2007 11:51 pm

If you keep pushing the noon-1:00 angle, I'm going to be knocking at your door at 8:00am just to spite you.

;)

Seriously, somewhere within that time frame is good by me (I'm not a morning person either). Especially if this party will be going on until midnight or later...think we can really handle 12 consecutive hours of each other? :lol:
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Mon May 21, 2007 6:37 am

this is very hard to type since i don't have a keyboard [using the on-screen one instead]

misty and i can't stay late, i have to leave at 9am to go to work and misty has to leave around earler than that because she is working some 11 hours the next day and needs her rest. don't know exactly how long we'll be there. this is the only day we two have off. course its still silly to spend 12 hours with friends and a few new faces but its cool. still bringing the pads and the ps2. plus the big paper.

i saw shrek three and it wasn't as good [neither was spider three though]

i say rent or people bring videos/dvds they think others will enjoy?
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Mon May 21, 2007 7:59 am

It's ok, Mort. You can leave whenever you need to. For that matter, now that we have no definite plan, you can show up whenever you need to. Just let me know roughly when to when. That goes for everyone, btw - no one HAS to stay until late, it's completely voluntary.

Unless it's gorgeous Saturday morning. Then I expect everyone here by 11am for the zoo!

As for movies, we can either bring what we want to watch from our own collections, or, if anyone has anything they specifically want to see that they don't have, start shouting out titles now and we'll see about getting them.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Tue May 22, 2007 3:12 pm

Have we heard one way or the other from Spriteville, Robbie or the Eff-crew yet?
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Wed May 23, 2007 6:40 am

Nope. I'll PM them all right now...

BTW, "Pans Labyrinth" is out on DVD, and I'm buying it anyway, so if we wanted to watch that, I'd be more than willing.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Wed May 23, 2007 6:19 pm

OK, I have the three Eff's confirmed. Also, it NOW appears that Saturday is going to be a nice day! So it looks like we'll be doing the zoo afterall. :D Everyone get here for 11:00am! Sketchy has confirmed that she will be coming, but is working until 2pm, so she'll miss the zoo (that's ok, she's seen it). Now, on to the important questions:

Everyone who's coming to the Zoo: What kind of sandwiches do you like?
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Wed May 23, 2007 7:18 pm

Well, I've got good and bad news.

The good part is, I managed to find summer employment!

The bad part is, I need to go attend a training session. This weekend. In New Jersey. (Not that I have anything against New Jersey...it's just that I'll have to drive there on Memorial Day weekend). It's an all-weekend thing, so I can't really half-ass it.

So, sadly, regretfully, I'm going to have to take myself off the guest list. Which I hate to do...I was really looking forward to this! :(

I guess my consolation is that my St. Louis plan is still on track.
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Thu May 24, 2007 4:10 am

I would like a bologna sandwich with cheese, please.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Nanda on Thu May 24, 2007 8:22 am

ACK... D: Ok... At this point, we have the Effs confirmed. Mort & Misty - are you guys 100% sure you're coming yet, and if so, when can you make it? Will you be here for the zoo at 11?
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby MrEff on Thu May 24, 2007 9:58 am

We have quite a selection of weird and wacky movies.. from Cannibal: The Musical and Bubba Ho-Tep to Dead Leaves & Fooley Cooley....

So I guess we'll just tote along what we can and let the group decide...

Also what gaming platforms are going to be availabe.... we have an Xbox and some games for that....

-MrEff-

p.s. should we bring "beverages"

p.p.s.s. IOHO "Pan's Labrynth" was not nearly as good as we were led to believe...
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby The Mortician on Thu May 24, 2007 11:22 am

Nanda wrote:ACK... D: Ok... At this point, we have the Effs confirmed. Mort & Misty - are you guys 100% sure you're coming yet, and if so, when can you make it? Will you be here for the zoo at 11?
Yup. We're joining in. Are we meeting at your house first?

Tim@ Ack! NooO! Without you, we can't be the Rhode Island Original 5. (RIO 5)
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Thu May 24, 2007 4:11 pm

I can't help but notice that nobody's told me what kind of sandwich they want... Nobody except Kolter, that is, who's not coming. :P

MrEff wrote:We have quite a selection of weird and wacky movies.. from Cannibal: The Musical

Already got it.

and Bubba Ho-Tep

Saw it recently, didn't care for it...

to Dead Leaves & Fooley Cooley....

Never seen Dead Leaves, but we're big Fooley Cooley fans.

Also what gaming platforms are going to be availabe.... we have an Xbox and some games for that....

Sure, bring it!

p.s. should we bring "beverages"

If you want. We're all legal. :)

p.p.s.s. IOHO "Pan's Labrynth" was not nearly as good as we were led to believe...

PSHAW!

The Mortician wrote:Yup. We're joining in. Are we meeting at your house first?

Yes. 11 am for the zoo!
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby MrEff on Thu May 24, 2007 5:09 pm

Nanda wrote:

PSHAW!

Meh I guess we were expecting some more fantasy based like Labrynth... we didn't realize there were so many "real-life" parts to it...

-MrEff-
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby The Mortician on Thu May 24, 2007 5:28 pm

I can't ask Misty what she wants and I know she has food allergies.
Me, I'm fine with nothing spicy, excessive amounts of milk products, or containing nuts
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Thu May 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Ok, I'm going to try to make this more simple: Pick a meat, cheese, and condiment. You can have one of the following:

Meat:
Bologna
Ham
Turkey
Roast Beef
Salami

Cheese:
American
Swiss
Provalone
Munster

Condiments:
Mustard
Mayonaise
Miracle Whip
Ketchup ( :ick: )

These will all be served on whole-wheat bread. If you'd rather have PB&J, I can do that, too. Don't see something you like? Make a suggestion. Also, if there's a certain kind of drink/chips/snack that you like, let me know. This is for the zoo picnic. :D

MrEff wrote:Meh I guess we were expecting some more fantasy based like Labrynth... we didn't realize there were so many "real-life" parts to it...

-MrEff-

I bet you also didn't like The Village because you thought it was supposed to be a horror film... am I right? :wink:
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers