Post a preview panel from an upcoming comic!!!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
MinekaC.
Regular Poster
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Does my head count?
Contact:

Post by MinekaC. »

I thought I'd post a clip from a page in the far future, since I update to often to keep up with this. From the page that'll appear on April 23rd:
I need to work on my ability to properly draw motion. Nyarg.
Image
Image

User avatar
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Beneath stormy skies
Contact:

Post by Warofwinds »

April 23rd? By the 12 holy pineapples. *pines for a buffer*

A panel from next monday's page...that obviously hasn't yet even been colored...because I have no buffer to speak of... ><

Image

I HATE drawing horses.
-Kez
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MinekaC.
Regular Poster
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Does my head count?
Contact:

Post by MinekaC. »

warofwinds wrote:April 23rd? By the 12 holy pineapples. *pines for a buffer*

A panel from next monday's page...that obviously hasn't yet even been colored...because I have no buffer to speak of... ><

I HATE drawing horses.
I think yer horse came out very nice.
My buffer runs till the first week in July. But that's cause I am going to be attached to a sewing machine and text books for the next few monthes. Had to get it done whilest I could. Now I get to watch it slowely disappear.
Image

User avatar
Uncaringmachine
Regular Poster
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 11:29 am
Location: Ye Old Savanny Georgia
Contact:

Post by Uncaringmachine »

Here is a preview from an upcoming GothyMcgee that will BLOW YOUR COLLECTIVE MINDS!!!!

Image

He once fought Bruce Lee....and lived to tell the tale....

RKDS
Regular Poster
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:35 pm
Location: America
Contact:

Post by RKDS »

I've been meaning to take on the NRFB/MISB side of collecting toys for awhile. It's a touchy subject that has the historical preservation society at one end and juvenile PS3-smashing pimps on the other. This is my second take on the idea, which I think ended up more abstract rather than subtle :/

Image

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Post by Bustertheclown »

I have no idea when this'll get published, since I'll be working on this in issues, rather than pages, and want to get a good amount of work done on it before I show it off. My intent with this project is to have some fun drawing things I want to draw, as well as focus my skills on things that I usually shy away from. Here, have a cityscape.

Image

See all that smudging? That's the reason why I don't work in pencil anymore. Left hands and pencils don't mix. I wonder how long I'll go on before the perfectionist in me decides to ink it on a lightbox.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France

Post by Keffria »

bustertheclown wrote:See all that smudging? That's the reason why I don't work in pencil anymore. Left hands and pencils don't mix.
Oh gawd, they don't. Back when I worked in pencil, even when the shading was really minimal, my actual comic pages were a complete mess - covered in smudges from top to bottom. Photoshop's level-adjustment tool works wonders, thankfully.

I thought I'd do some colour work to make up for my lack of updates over the past couple of weeks. It actually doesn't take that much longer to colour a page, versus greyscaling it - in fact, if I wasn't so used to doing everything in B&W, it'd probably take the same amount of time.

Image

User avatar
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Beneath stormy skies
Contact:

Post by Warofwinds »

ooo, awesome :o

You too, Buster. IMHO, the only harder than a city scape is a detailed crowd scene. *shudders at the thought*
-Kez
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

Image
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

User avatar
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: in a lab doing SCIENCE!
Contact:

Post by Tellurider »

I'm starting a new comic with a totally different style. Much more realistic. And much more laboriously inked, too.

Image

eh, I'll get better.
Image
updates Thursdays

User avatar
Fabio Ciccone
Regular Poster
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Contact:

Post by Fabio Ciccone »

Just for the fun :D

Image

From next Friday's (march 30) strip.

User avatar
Americangothic
Regular Poster
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:31 pm
Location: Nashvegas
Contact:

Post by Americangothic »

This is the pencils for 26 March....should be inked and uploaded by Sunday. Yay!! Image
Image

VimFuego
Regular Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:36 pm
Contact:

Post by VimFuego »

hey all :) I used to post here a while ago, but like most things I attempt the comic I was working on at the time frittered into nothing and moving and stuff intervened, so that was *check* like nearly three years ago! Win.

Anyhow I've fallen back into the webcomic ways, though the one I am working on now is buffered till April (because I am updating once a week till I am convinced I will actually stick to a schedule, ha! I only put the thing up 2 weeks ago, so we shall see...), and it is the easiest thing in the world to draw, so here is a preview of one of those...

Image
Image

User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Post by Jim North »

From the next page of G for Genesis . . .

Image
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Spqrblues
Regular Poster
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Forum Romanum
Contact:

Post by Spqrblues »

I had an excuse to draw some landscapes for the comic that's now sitting in the queue. The panel in colour is the thumbnail version I use before the cut when I post the comic on LJ. I don't do a lot of landscapes or long-shots in the comic, but I enjoyed doing these, so maybe I'll make it a habit.

Image

User avatar
Fabio Ciccone
Regular Poster
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:42 am
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Contact:

Post by Fabio Ciccone »

From April 13's strip, the day after my birthday!

Image

Couldn't resist posting that up :)

User avatar
Leperdoctor
Regular Poster
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:01 am

Post by Leperdoctor »

Seriously shrunk this page...it's part of the prologue, anyways. Long time before I get my site running, but I'll still make comics until then. ^^

Image

User avatar
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:28 pm
Location: The Pantry
Contact:

Post by EmergencyExit »

Image

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

....AS IF!

Post by Cope »

....
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
CaptainClaude
Witty British President
Posts: 5647
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
Contact:

Post by CaptainClaude »

woooo!

Post Reply