The funny thing is that they're portrayed like that in most paintings too. And did you know that in order to prepare for battle, they did a version of gymnastics and did eachother's hair?RemusShepherd wrote:I think the people complaining about historical accuracy are more concerned about the giant persian mutants and the greek soldiers going to battle in their underwear.pierce studios wrote:On the topic of 300, the point with the "Wtf, 300 couldn't hold that many, it's not historically accurate" ...
This is SPARTA!!!
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Robin Pierce
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 1610
- Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:48 am
- Location: Should we check the internet? :S
- Contact:
- Killbert-Robby
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 6876
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
- Location: in the butt
- Robin Pierce
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 1610
- Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:48 am
- Location: Should we check the internet? :S
- Contact:
- Killbert-Robby
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 6876
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
- Location: in the butt
- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
- Killbert-Robby
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 6876
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
- Location: in the butt
haha, they really did each others hair? that is hilariouspierce studios wrote:The funny thing is that they're portrayed like that in most paintings too. And did you know that in order to prepare for battle, they did a version of gymnastics and did eachother's hair?RemusShepherd wrote:I think the people complaining about historical accuracy are more concerned about the giant persian mutants and the greek soldiers going to battle in their underwear.pierce studios wrote:On the topic of 300, the point with the "Wtf, 300 couldn't hold that many, it's not historically accurate" ....... no I'm not joking.
- Laemkral
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3269
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
- Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
- Contact:
The final scene in 300 where the last few Spartans are holding the gap after the Persians have surrounded them and their allies have fled, that's the whole "300 versus a horde" thing. That actually happened according to historical accounts, the remainder of the 300 Spartans held the gap while their allies retreated from the battle.
The Battle of Thermopylae is considered a case study amongst military tacticians on the use of terrain as a force multipler.
By the way, I LOVED the movie.
The Battle of Thermopylae is considered a case study amongst military tacticians on the use of terrain as a force multipler.
By the way, I LOVED the movie.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
- Ahaugen
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2291
- Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am
- Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
- Contact:
see, you watch 300 because it makes you feel like a man, not because it's accurateLaemkral wrote:The final scene in 300 where the last few Spartans are holding the gap after the Persians have surrounded them and their allies have fled, that's the whole "300 versus a horde" thing. That actually happened according to historical accounts, the remainder of the 300 Spartans held the gap while their allies retreated from the battle.
The Battle of Thermopylae is considered a case study amongst military tacticians on the use of terrain as a force multipler.
By the way, I LOVED the movie.
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009
A Lamestream Media Company
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009
A Lamestream Media Company
- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
- The Neko
- A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
- Posts: 3878
- Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
- Location: New York City
But... the inaccuracy isn't the point... it can be bad for OTHER REASONS THAT DO NOT HAVE TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT PEOPLE THINK IT ISN'T HISTORICALLY ACCURATE. I don't think many people say "well, the music sucked, the plot was awful, and the acting was just terrible, but at least it was historically accurate!"
jag saknar självförtroende
- Komiyan
- HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!
- Posts: 2725
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:35 am
- Location: Hrmph.
- Contact:
YESThe Neko wrote:But... the inaccuracy isn't the point... it can be bad for OTHER REASONS THAT DO NOT HAVE TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT PEOPLE THINK IT ISN'T HISTORICALLY ACCURATE. I don't think many people say "well, the music sucked, the plot was awful, and the acting was just terrible, but at least it was historically accurate!"
The PLOT sucked, the CHARCTERS sucked, the ACTION sucked. I'm not mentioning historical accuracy in the least.
- MixedMyth
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 6319
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Niether here nor there
- Contact:
Ditto what Neko said.
Also, I just got back from seeing TMNT. SqueEEEEEE!
It rocked! I was very pleasantly surprised. They really stuck with the atmosphere, world, and characters very well. Whole lot of fun! And I did not expect them to actually continue it off of the old Henson Co movies. I thought they were just going to reboot everything.
Squeeeeeee! =D
Also, I just got back from seeing TMNT. SqueEEEEEE!
Squeeeeeee! =D
cool to hear that TMNT is good, i want to go see that this week.MixedMyth wrote:Ditto what Neko said.
Also, I just got back from seeing TMNT. SqueEEEEEE!It rocked! I was very pleasantly surprised. They really stuck with the atmosphere, world, and characters very well. Whole lot of fun! And I did not expect them to actually continue it off of the old Henson Co movies. I thought they were just going to reboot everything.
Squeeeeeee! =D
I heard it was grittier than the live action movies. Is that true? Either way, looks pretty cool
- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
I was replying to ahaugens quote... I understand what you mean. I just liked this movie.The Neko wrote:But... the inaccuracy isn't the point... it can be bad for OTHER REASONS THAT DO NOT HAVE TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT PEOPLE THINK IT ISN'T HISTORICALLY ACCURATE. I don't think many people say "well, the music sucked, the plot was awful, and the acting was just terrible, but at least it was historically accurate!"
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.












