Hmph well 11/17

Postby Shyal_malkes on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:21 pm

not necessarily, there are a lot of motivations for an antagonist. lets see, you have emperor palpatine, I think his motivation was more greed and wrath then pride.
I still say the doctor did it....
Shyal_malkes
Cartoon Hero

Postby Namrepus221 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:35 pm

Seriously... who DIDN"T see this story line occuring?

BTW the guy looks like a character from an Animaniacs episode.
Namrepus221
Regular Poster

Postby Celidah the Bardess on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:53 pm

Something cranky this way comes...

I used to live next to one of those types. Battier than an abandoned belfrey, that woman. Not a holier-than-thou type, but still very cranky. :shifty:
Celidah the Bardess
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:59 pm

She lived across the street and two houses up from me. She wasn't dangerous or anything like that, but her near daily house-to-house proselytizing made the Jehova's Witnesses look positively passive if not catatonic. She'd targeted me in particular because of my motorcycle (black of course), my strange hours (how did she know?) and all my "no account, Hell bound, motorcycle bum associates. You know the type..a dental hygenist, architectural draftsman, surgical scrub tech, electronics tech...that sort. :wink: Seriously, that's what some of them did.

Şaaruuk's personal recipe for an enormous amount of fun.

Take one pain in the ass, Holier-than-Thou, "You're-going-to-Hell-because-you-don't-believe-the-same-way-I-do." type.

Add li'l ol' me plus one respectably powerful Tesla coil.....and mix thoroughly.

Use your imagination.....you have a 99% chance of being right as to what insued... :o

And yes....she moved out shortly thereafter. :twisted:

Şaaruuk
We are NOT surrounded.....this is a "target rich" environment!
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Capnregex on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:31 pm

Sharuuk wrote:Use your imagination.....you have a 99% chance of being right as to what insued... :o

Oh, you severely underestimate my imagination ;)

Tesla Coil... Hmm, High voltage.. be quite a shocker. Even a Hair Raising one..

Would also tend to light up any flourecents in range... Make for a convincing light possession gag for someone who didn't understand the science.

It's alwase annoying when your lights won't go on when you want them to.. Quite another when you can't shut them off, even if they aren't plugged in.

Not to mention what you could do with an accomplice, or a good remote to controll the output.
Capnregex
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:00 am

capnregex wrote:
Sharuuk wrote:Use your imagination.....you have a 99% chance of being right as to what insued... :o

Oh, you severely underestimate my imagination ;)

Not by a long shot if you think ANYthing like me. :wink:

Tesla Coil... Hmm, High voltage.. be quite a shocker. Even a Hair Raising one..

Naah....that's a Van De Graff electrostatic generator. A Tesla coil is high frequency ultra high voltage....not static potential.

Would also tend to light up any flourecents in range... Make for a convincing light possession gag for someone who didn't understand the science.

It's alwase annoying when your lights won't go on when you want them to.. Quite another when you can't shut them off, even if they aren't plugged in.

Not to mention what you could do with an accomplice, or a good remote to controll the output.

(Accomplices) How about standing on an insulated platform with "lightning bolts" coming out of my fingertips? Or just about sunset, a circle of friends all wearing black hooded cloaks standing around the platform holding 8' forescent tubes over their heads, half held vertical and half horizontal and having them all light up from my "powers"? Oh...BTW...they were all chanting "Ooo-Laahh-Tek...Ooo-Laahh-Tek" :twisted: :twisted: (Thanks Den)

I've got such a GREAT bunch of soooooo twisted friends. :D

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Namrepus221 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:05 am

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/show ... php?t=3044 <- I think this is the best (most hilarious) story I've ever heard of some religious nutjob trying to force their views upon others.

http://www.rpgstudies.net/stackpole/pulling_report.html <- Good article on some crazy woman that tried to get D&D banned. Poking holes in all her arguements so as to make them look like Lorraine swiss cheese (Tons of air bubbles)
Namrepus221
Regular Poster

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:08 am

jwrebholz wrote:That's not Beltane. She doesn't wear glasses. (At least I think those are glasses perched up there). Likely though cut from similar cloth--a member of the Society of the Chronically Offended. The types of people that ruin everyone else's fun. Wet blankets, killjoys, call them what you will. They fly various flags but their creed is the same--"If I can't enjoy it, NOBODY CAN."

Yeah... I think I know where you are coming from...

Here's an example.

Namrepus221 wrote:http://www.rpgstudies.net/stackpole/pulling_report.html <- Good article on some crazy woman that tried to get D&D banned. Poking holes in all her arguements so as to make them look like Lorraine swiss cheese (Tons of air bubbles)

It's sadly ironic that folks that seek
ways to take away others' rights wind
up getting their own rights taken away.

Patricia Pulling falls under the same category
with the man who tried to get rock 'n' roll
banned in the United States. :-?

Kerry Skydancer wrote:Beltane wouldn't have too much trouble with a secular celebration of Samhain. I suspect this is a new one - a self-righteous give-Christians-a-bad-name type.

You forgotten about Fred Phelps.
Last edited by Wallaroo_Blacke on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:52 am

Namrepus221 wrote:http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=3044 <- I think this is the best (most hilarious) story I've ever heard of some religious nutjob trying to force their views upon others.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....OMG.....*GASP...WHEEZE*.....can't breathe....*wiping tears...holding sides*

WHUMP!!! *Falls out of chair, now writhing around on floor.....cats looking at "daddy" strangely.*

Never.....read......anything......so.....funny.....in.....my.......li..i..i..i..fe!!!!

*Passes out from lack of oxygen!*

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Deckard Canine on Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:18 pm

shyal_malkes wrote:is pride one of the seven deadly sins?

It is, and while there may not be a point in ordering the sins by overall severity (they're all forbidden, after all), I think it's the worst, if not the progenitor of the rest.

Meanwhile, two members of the forum are bragging about their imaginations. :roll: (No, I don't think it'll make the difference in where you go in the end.)

Kerry Skydancer wrote:Don't you mean -whenever- she goes?

Good one.

I didn't ROTFL at the account of the GTA adversary, but the very ending brought a smile to my face.
Deckard Canine
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:11 pm

Deckard Canine wrote:Meanwhile, two members of the forum are bragging about their imaginations. :roll:

And you find this offensive because? Has your imagination been called into question? Has your imagination been denegrated in any way, shape or form? Have either of the two forumites insinuated or implied that their imaginations were better than any others here?

Do not think that to be the case sir.....not in any form. For that matter sir, where has there been any actual bragging?

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Namrepus221 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:13 pm

Sharuuk wrote:
Namrepus221 wrote:http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=3044 <- I think this is the best (most hilarious) story I've ever heard of some religious nutjob trying to force their views upon others.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....OMG.....*GASP...WHEEZE*.....can't breathe....*wiping tears...holding sides*

WHUMP!!! *Falls out of chair, now writhing around on floor.....cats looking at "daddy" strangely.*

Never.....read......anything......so.....funny.....in.....my.......li..i..i..i..fe!!!!

*Passes out from lack of oxygen!*

Şaaruuk

Glad you like the story.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/show ... php?t=4396 <- here's another. It got locked because some people didn't understand the concept of "No religion bashing" but the story is still there and is still hilarious.
Namrepus221
Regular Poster

Postby Sharuuk on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:10 pm

Namrepus221 wrote: Glad you like the story.

Oh, I did...I did very much....the way it was written just kept me howling. And if the ending wasn't "devine" justice, I don't know what was. XD

Şaaruuk
Sharuuk
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:42 am

I had forgotten to add Senator Joseph MacCarthy with his
Communist witch-hunt trials.
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster

Postby Wallaroo_Blacke on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:19 am

Sharuuk wrote:She lived across the street and two houses up from me. She wasn't dangerous or anything like that, but her near daily house-to-house proselytizing made the Jehova's Witnesses look positively passive if not catatonic. She'd targeted me in particular because of my motorcycle (black of course), my strange hours (how did she know?) and all my "no account, Hell bound, motorcycle bum associates. You know the type..a dental hygenist, architectural draftsman, surgical scrub tech, electronics tech...that sort. :wink: Seriously, that's what some of them did.

Şaaruuk

I have a feeling that person in that episode of Ben's comic
will be like the poodle in an episode of 21st Century Fox
confronting Cecil about him getting his horn replaced...
http://techfox.comicgenesis.com/d/20010618.html
Wallaroo_Blacke
Regular Poster

Postby Kerry Skydancer on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:35 am

Wallaroo_Blacke wrote:I had forgotten to add Senator Joseph MacCarthy with his
Communist witch-hunt trials.

McCarthy was a slimy demagogue - but he was less wrong than Hollywood and the Left will ever admit. Recent declassifications (or leaks?) by the ex-KGB indicate that he was correct in his accusations more often than not.
Skydancer

Ignorance is not a point of view.
Kerry Skydancer
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Under the Lemon Tree