Steam Crows is the name of my CGI comic. It's got all the classics of a steam & gear driven dystopia, with what I hope is a fresh, interesting story and engaging visuals. It follows the exploits of one Captain Merryweather, his daughter and their companions.
http://eldritch48.comicgenesis.com/
I'm in the middle of "Issue #3", so there are 60+ pages out there to check out. Please let me know what you think.
---Seth
Like Steampunk? Check out "Steam Crows"!
-
Eldritch48
- Newbie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:38 am
- Mr. Caravaggio
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 377
- Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:28 pm
I'm interested. Haven't read much but I like the colorful style.
What's the process here? What program? Prefabs or custom made stuff? The expressions are a little stiff, do you have them face rigged or mesh deformed or...?
At least you rendered shadows. That's more than some 3d comics bother to do, though the global illumination is still giving it away.
What's the process here? What program? Prefabs or custom made stuff? The expressions are a little stiff, do you have them face rigged or mesh deformed or...?
At least you rendered shadows. That's more than some 3d comics bother to do, though the global illumination is still giving it away.
-
Eldritch48
- Newbie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:38 am
Man, you gotta render shadows (at least in my opinion).Mr. Caravaggio wrote:I'm interested. Haven't read much but I like the colorful style.
What's the process here? What program? Prefabs or custom made stuff? The expressions are a little stiff, do you have them face rigged or mesh deformed or...?
At least you rendered shadows. That's more than some 3d comics bother to do, though the global illumination is still giving it away.
I'm using Poser 6 and Vue 5 Infinite mostly.
I do need to work on facial expressions more too, I know that.
99% of the objects are prefabs, just 'cause of time constraints. I get a lot of stuff from Daz3d and Renderosity. Basically, after I'd had the software for about a month, I decided to do something "interesting", so I started a comic book. I have no real background with 3D at all, and have only been doing this since April....so I know there's room for improvement!