what games you all play?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Jesusabdullah
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1993
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:11 pm
Location: The Frigid Northern Wastes.
Contact:

Post by Jesusabdullah »

The Neko wrote:
SergeXIII wrote:
jesusabdullah wrote:Frozen Bubble!

Actualy, I haven't played that game for quite a while. The latest "game" I've played on the computer is "fortune -a". About a month ago I played some Worms Armageddon and MS Solitaire, and a month+ before that I played some Battle for Middle Earth 2.

Oh, and I played hangman once too.

I should find me a good console-based RPG.
I highly recomend digital Devil saga 1+2 or Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne if you have a PS2 and are over 18
Good games! Apparently, they're hard to get these days if you didn't pick 'em up at launch.
Oh Jesus, dude. I have a PS2 somewhere and I'm 19 now, but I'm still working on getting Katamari Damacy here. :D Yeah, I'm just really really slow at buying games. Plus, right now all I got with me is a shitty laptop running Slackware linux. Console games are about all it'll be able to do.

In a couple o' months, though, I'll get me a Windows PC (probably) and a few games. I was thinking...shit, I don't remember. Some games, anyway. Probably some kinda wicked-cool FPS and a newer RTS (to give those a chance). Maybe I'll look into those games you suggested though, if I remember--I could use some games for the PS2. All I got is Destroy All Humans, and that's because my brother bought it. :P I could use more suggestions for the PC too, because I know it'd be a crime to run only old games like Worms Armageddon on it.

Oh, but I do recommend Frozen Bubble. That game pwns, for what it is.

(And fortune too. I should go about getting Trek-only quotes one of these days.)

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

Post by Pimpette »

Spriteville, USA wrote:
Pimpette wrote: PS2:
BEAN MACHINE.
(an addictive little game I found on a disc featuring a collection of Sonic games)
FUCK YES.
...



You're my new favourite.
Image

User avatar
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Post by Sput »

lately, my friend's been setting up some campaign i'll be playing with him. for those that played bounty hunters with me, it's clerise + power to change into a huge ass spider. lovely, yes? <3

i've got trace memory and mario and luigi superstar saga which i alternate playing every night for an hour or so


i've got psychonauts too. and finally playing .hack games through, as well as dark cloud again


i have refound my love for starcraft (oh who am i kidding. it was just dormant <3), and starting MUSHs which are EVIL AND HARD but kind of fun

uhhmmm. and i totally have my sister into katamari damacy now. it's amazing. 8D
lazy sput is lazy.

User avatar
Cortland
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1202
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am
Location: Bellevue, Neb.
Contact:

Post by Cortland »

RA wrote:...and starting MUSHs which are EVIL AND HARD but kind of fun
:D I been using those since you were, like three, I think.

I'm old. ;_;
Image Image

User avatar
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2011
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:23 pm
Contact:

Post by RemusShepherd »

I just finished Oblivion. Before that it was Diablo II. Before that, City of Heroes. I think I'm done with all those, now.

Lately I've been on Tapestries a lot. I just got a pet. :)
Image

User avatar
Robbie
Regular Poster
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:05 am
Location: Here.
Contact:

Post by Robbie »

Oblivion. Lots and lots and lots and lots of Oblivion. Do any of you have quests? I need quests man, I gotta have 'em! I just gotta! You don't know what it's like man, it's been almost two days since I finished any! And.... a.... AAUUUUGHH.....

User avatar
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Post by Sput »

cortland wrote:
RA wrote:...and starting MUSHs which are EVIL AND HARD but kind of fun
:D I been using those since you were, like three, I think.

I'm old. ;_;
HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. *explodes*
lazy sput is lazy.

User avatar
834n
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:38 pm
Location: A City of Rock and Roll
Contact:

Post by 834n »

D&D count?

Been playing some Front Mission 4 too.

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

I just renewed my subscription to ROSE online. don't think any of my old characters are still there, since I played back in beta, but I'll see when the LOAD SCREEN FINALLY FINISHES.
Image

User avatar
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Post by Sput »

oh!

....and i started playing puzzle pirates the other day. it's fun. even if i feel sorta dumb playing it xD
lazy sput is lazy.

User avatar
Sincerely
Ice Queen
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm
Location: In my frigid kingdom
Contact:

Post by Sincerely »

Neverwinter Nights lately, until it starts to get too annoying because it's crashing all the time. Fallout 2, still working on Kingdom Hearts 1, I started replaying Final Fantasy VII recently, but I've probably given up already. I watch my brother play Resident Evil 4 a lot, too, if that counts.

Usually I play DnD, but it's just not really doing it for me lately. It's actually more fun for me to talk to Faceless while he's playing and have him narrate the game to me. Who knew.

Sudoku?
Image

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

wow, it's rather interesting to see what people's tastes are when it comes to video gaming, i myself have played oblivion recently, but i've played it to death, so i'm waiting for some really cool mods to come out for it (i have the PC version since mine's capable of it)
Image
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Post by Killbert-Robby »

Now that I've finally got a pixel shader capable card, I've been trying it out on a bunch of demos. Namely, Battlefield 2 and Doom 3. I've also been taking a nice long trip down memory lame playing my old games until the wee (wii?) hours of the morning, such as Commandos 2, Splinter Cell, and the original Doom. I've been playing Full Spectrum Warrior a bit too. And of course I play the standard line up of Halflife 1, 2, and an assortment of mods (DoD... I love you)
Image

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

I'm finally getting around to play the original Kingdom Hearts 1. That's about it as far as games go right now. I haven't had a lot of time to play much with my current schedual.

User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Post by Terotrous »

KittyKatBlack wrote:I'm finally getting around to play the original Kingdom Hearts 1. That's about it as far as games go right now. I haven't had a lot of time to play much with my current schedual.
I always wanted to play that, but I don't have a PS2. The closest I got was the Kingdom Hearts for GBA.

Most of my current gaming is handheld, both because not a lot of Gamecube games are coming out right now, and because handhelds can generally be played in short bursts instead of requiring hours and hours to be dedicated to them (which I don't really have time for).

I also play Ragnarok Online, which is one source of the aforementioned lack of time.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

Killbert-Robby wrote:Now that I've finally got a pixel shader capable card, I've been trying it out on a bunch of demos. Namely, Battlefield 2 and Doom 3. I've also been taking a nice long trip down memory lame playing my old games until the wee (wii?) hours of the morning, such as Commandos 2, Splinter Cell, and the original Doom. I've been playing Full Spectrum Warrior a bit too. And of course I play the standard line up of Halflife 1, 2, and an assortment of mods (DoD... I love you)
you really oughta give lost coast a try, it's HL2, and gives a nice demo of how valve did HDR rendering in their engine, it's also present in HL2 Episode 1
Image
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

User avatar
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero
Posts: 6973
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am
Location: Violating your restraining order
Contact:

Post by Black Sparrow »

[AlmightyPyro] wrote:One word. Oblivion!
*glomps*

Although the game was depressingly short compared to Morrowind. I'm waiting for the mods now too.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Czar
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:37 am
Location: Wandering.

Post by Czar »

Recently?

Chinese Checkers versus my mother, 2 wins in 5 games.

A lot of Minesweeper.

And then the real computer games...

Lots of fallout, a bit of fallout 2, some fallout tactics, a bit of Act of War: Direct Action, some Battlefield 1942 (mods, primarily Silent Heroes), a bit of Soldat...
And I've been meaning to get my Operation: Flashpoint up to speed.
Så länge skutan kan gå, så länge hjärtat kan slå, så länge solen den glittrar på böljorna blå...

User avatar
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2011
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:23 pm
Contact:

Post by RemusShepherd »

Black Sparrow wrote:
[AlmightyPyro] wrote:One word. Oblivion!
*glomps*
Although the game was depressingly short compared to Morrowind. I'm waiting for the mods now too.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I finished it, and couldn't really get into a second character. Mods will make or break this game.
Image

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Post by Jeffy »

I'll list off the games I played recently at the time I left the states...

Tabletop:
D&D
Mechwarrior

Card
Raw Deal
Doomtrooper
VS (Marvel & DC VS game)

PC
X-Com: UFO Defense (on my 486 laptop)
Titans of Steel

Dreamcast
Soul Calibur
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Bangai-O
Jet Grind Radio
Project Justice
Tech Romancer

PS2
Burnout 3
Image

Locked