The blue may give a more serious, low-key kind of look, but it creates too little contrast with the other dark colours. This shade of blue may be either too dark or too desaturated, because it gives the picture a flat, unremarkable look.
Red, however, adds some vital contrast here that really attracts the eye to the picture. I'd say, go red.
'She seemed, poor woman, to imagine that the French and the Martians might prove very similar.'
-H.G. Wells, War of the Worlds
They're both pretty dark shades. Have you tried reversing the graduated black lines onto the drop shadow? Coming from both sides that would make the center seem brighter by comparision.
You could also make the lettering a gradient with a lighter shade towards the right. Then it would be easier to distinguish.
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04
Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.
I'd say it depends. I haven't read through your comic, but I guess if that turbo ninja bastard is the sneaky type, you'll want to make the picture look more shadowy, and blue will be better. If TNB is more violent than sneaky (judging by the weaponry, I guess that would be the case ) I'd choose the red one to emphasize on that.
I'm not sure another person would view it that way though. If it seems logical to you, then I'm glad I could help.
Thanks for the opinions and suggestions and whatnot, I think I'll go with the red, which was the original color anyway, only made the blue because I had some time to kill.
Purpose of this thing is for artwork for an arcade stick I'm having someone build for me, hence the placement circles. I figure on black buttons for the 6 on the right, a white start button on top and the hole to the left is for the stick, which I figure on a black ball top.
I think the red will also match better with the case, since I'm going for dark wooden sides with the rest of the metal painted white. And yeah, the red seems to be more interesting then the blue in general.
will do, but it may take up to a month or so, since I won't be home to use it for another 2 months, and the guy seems to be harassed by forum go-ers at a 2d-fighter forum, I told him he could take his time, especially since he needs to modify his regular design to build mine
Red. Bold, rich in contrast and attention-getting. Blue might work if you desaturated it and made it a lot lighter, but that would create a more chilly, technological feel to the art.