I pwned me a comic collective!! :D

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
That guy
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1203
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: Chasin' windmills
Contact:

I pwned me a comic collective!! :D

Post by That guy »

I posted recently to learn more about Comic Networks because I had rather suddenly been offered a chance to own one.Rampage Network, the site which has for some time hosted my wife's fantastic comic, Cat Legend, alongside some of the other most impressive comics I've ever come across online, is now, well, mine. :D It's a co-ownership, technically, with a partner who will come on the scene later. You can read the Digital Strips article about it, or just check out my brand new, shiny Comic Collective for yourself :D

I still plan on frequenting the CG forums, of course, I love all you guys! Rampage has its own forumsystem as well, so if anyone's interested in mingling with another friendly webcomic community, come on down. :wink:

Comic Genesis still rocks my socks off, but this means that when Thatguy comes back from hiatus in the summer I will be moving it there. Anyone else interested in free hosting, by the way, is encouraged to apply. Rampage works as easily as ComicGen with a number of additional perks including free Domain names :D (Check the hostingpage for details.)
Last edited by That guy on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sincerely
Ice Queen
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm
Location: In my frigid kingdom
Contact:

Post by Sincerely »

Dun dun duuuunnnnnnn.
Image

User avatar
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2446
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:08 am
Location: The Big Apple
Contact:

Post by Isukiyomi »

Sweet! Congratulations! ^__^
Valar Morghulis - Michiko Monogatari & Tehuti

User avatar
Gengar003
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1606
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:12 pm

Post by Gengar003 »

Fuh fuh fuh fuh-ree domain names? How's THAT work? Do you have like... infinite $? :o

I'm happy with CG and all.. but... dayum. I may have to apply. 'course, my quality will/should have to improve before I should be accepted...

I'd hate to leave CG... but... free domain name!
"If you hear a voice inside you saying "you are not an artist," then by all means make art... and that voice shall be silenced"
-Adapted from Van Gogh

User avatar
That guy
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1203
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: Chasin' windmills
Contact:

Post by That guy »

Gengar003 wrote:Fuh fuh fuh fuh-ree domain names? How's THAT work? Do you have like... infinite $? :o
Not infinite $$, just an incredibly generous founder. He supports Rampage entirely out-of-pocket for the time being, although eventually we will begin offering 'sponsor' ad spots on the main page and in the forums - only ad spots for comics or other collectives, though, to maintain the atmosphere of the site. NO ADS appear on the actual comic websites. One of the sticking points he adhered to and I completely embrace. The comic sites are designed by the authors and are meant to remain entirely their vision.

User avatar
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:23 am
Location: Anywhere else but here....
Contact:

Post by Prettysenshi »

yay for you guy. That's awesome.

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

Congrats, may your reign last long and be smothered in the blood of your enemies.
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Post by Jim North »

Dude, sweet, gratz. :D
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero
Posts: 6973
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am
Location: Violating your restraining order
Contact:

Post by Black Sparrow »

That's SWEET. Seriously, we wish you good luck and hope you enjoy it!
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
Tim
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: State of WA, formerly MA
Contact:

Post by Tim »

Congrats. Just don't tick us off, or we'll take you down like we did Drunk Duck. ;)
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Well haven't the dice rolled nicely for you, mate!

Congratulations.

I hope for all the best, like you know.

Cheers.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
That guy
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1203
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: Chasin' windmills
Contact:

Post by That guy »

tim wrote:Congrats. Just don't tick us off, or we'll take you down like we did Drunk Duck.
That poor, inebriated water-fowl. Threat received, Tim, and duly noted.

- And thanks everybody!

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Awesome. Lucky you. It looks awesomely cool.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

Damn, that's pretty nifty =]

Good luck with it all, I'm sure you'll handle it well.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Heheh. Good luck, we like to have connections in high places.

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Post by Bustertheclown »

I just might have to jump ship! Or maybe run two projects...
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3243
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 am
Location: Starring in your latest sex dream.

Post by Jackhass »

Just to let you know I'm willing to come over to your network if you offer me outrageous bribes.
Image

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Many congratulations to you!
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Blackaby
Regale her
Posts: 3441
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Sitting on the pudge.
Contact:

Post by Blackaby »

Congratulations :D

And I am so applying to join :D
LOOK AT BLACKABY HE IS FILLED WITH TEH SCREAMY OMG
Image
guest artists get free puppies
Image

User avatar
Ryuko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1103
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:05 am
Contact:

Post by Ryuko »

Whoa. That's a big move and a big responsibility. I hope it goes well for you, Will. :)
Image

Post Reply