Think your comic can improve? Whether it's art or writing, composition or colouring, feel free to ask here! Critique and commentary welcome.
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861 Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:
Post
by Smight » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:25 pm
I just learned that making a fun Icon next to your URL and in people's bookmarks is way easier than I thought.
just make an image 16X16 and save it as a bmp adn then download something like
http://www.icongrabber.com-http.com/download.html to convert that bmp to an ico file. put that file in your public directory directly(not your images directory!), then slip this happy little guy in between the head tags on all of your pages: <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="/image/ico"/>
now your site will be Teh |3()/\/\|3
I remember caring... It was nice.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728 Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:
Post
by Kris X » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:43 pm
Interesting... *Considers*
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737 Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:
Post
by Phalanx » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:44 pm
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014 Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:
Post
by Joel Fagin » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:57 pm
I never confirmed it but I think a ICO file is a BMP file, just with a different extension.
It does rather sound like something Microsoft would do.
- Joel Fagin
War
Grr
Posts: 3018 Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:
Post
by War » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:33 pm
It is indeed. I haven't done in since the Win95 days, but if you made a bmp the correct size and limited yourself to a 256 colour palette and then renamed it to ico, you could then use it as an icon.
Kirb
A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
Posts: 1828 Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 am
Location: I'll wrestle you for him.
Contact:
Post
by Kirb » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:57 pm
Oooh, handy. =o
Thanks.
Tarotreader3
Regular Poster
Posts: 154 Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Peterborough OR Markham ontario, canada
Contact:
Post
by Tarotreader3 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:04 pm
man, I wish I Wasn't so lazy!
Tarotreader3
Regular Poster
Posts: 154 Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Peterborough OR Markham ontario, canada
Contact:
Post
by Tarotreader3 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:24 pm
success... i'm less lazy than i thought
Ruxen
Regular Poster
Posts: 498 Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:14 pm
Location: Canadaing along!
Contact:
Post
by Ruxen » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:00 pm
Looks like it's working to me, the funess. I might try this out thanks for the tip! 8)
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861 Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:
Post
by Smight » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:25 pm
Glad you all like it.
Now I want to see everyone's comic with a little picture next to it in my favorites bar!!!!!!!
I'm a really visual kind o' guy so it's easier for me to remember if I've checked you for an update that way.
I remember caring... It was nice.
BeefotronX
Regular Poster
Posts: 404 Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:40 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:
Post
by BeefotronX » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:55 am
Whoo, I got one!
I've got to make some other icons now.
A webcomic so scrumptrelescent you can barely move.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456 Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:
Post
by [geoduck] » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:23 am
Smight wrote: Glad you all like it.
Now I want to see everyone's comic with a little picture next to it in my favorites bar!!!!!!!
I'm a really visual kind o' guy so it's easier for me to remember if I've checked you for an update that way.
I've had one on my comic for months. You are now forced to start reading it.
(Although I couldn't figure out where exactly the file had to be, and so stuck copies everywhere in my files...)
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748 Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France
Post
by Keffria » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:06 pm
I shall have to try this for myself!
Ah, I can't see it... (I'm using Firefox 1.0.)
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861 Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:
Post
by Smight » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:39 pm
I saw it yesterday, but I can't see it today. I'm using firefox 1.0 too
I remember caring... It was nice.
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608 Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:
Post
by Mercury Hat » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:42 pm
Smight wrote:
I saw it yesterday, but I can't see it today. I'm using firefox 1.0 too
It does seem to have disappeared
.
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737 Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:
Post
by Phalanx » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:53 pm
It's remotely linked, which might be problematic.
Hoo well... that's the best I can do under the circumstances.
Edit: Oh wwait, I think I found the problem. I accidently borked the template.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456 Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:
Post
by [geoduck] » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:33 pm
Mercury_Hat wrote: Smight wrote:
I saw it yesterday, but I can't see it today. I'm using firefox 1.0 too
It does seem to have disappeared
.
Firefox is sometimes strangely erratic about picking them up, and adding them to your bookmarks when it does.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608 Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:
Post
by Mercury Hat » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:47 pm
Yeah, that fixed it, Phalanx. Looks good.
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring