Psychotic bishies!!

Post Reply
User avatar
Farfarello
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
Location: ...in front of a computer.

Psychotic bishies!!

Post by Farfarello »

Here's a random thought: what is is that makes bishounen that aren't quite right in the head so gosh darn sexy? I'm curious to hear other peoples' theories, as I'm beginning to speculate on this myself. Example of not quite sane bishies: Farfarello from Weiss Kreutz (of course), Aoshi from RK (tho he does kinda recover...does this lower his sex appeal), Legato from Trigun, Tomo from Fushigi Yuugi, Iori from King of Fighters...umm...that pyromaniac from Escaflowne...forgot his name...and Vincent from you know where (maybe not quite as insane as the formentioned bishies, but he's not excatly the most mentally stable undead being, now is he?) Ok then, that's my rant. Your turn.
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.

ZOMBIE USER 12274
Regular Poster
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 12274 »

Many "bishounen" are quite feminine looking. Many are unable to reconcile the fact that they look like girls, and are therefore driven insane. The horror!

Godfather (Honestly, they look like girls!)

ZOMBIE USER 12232
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 12232 »

*ahem* *puts on librairian glasses* There is an explanation. Anything that makes said bishi's stand out, which includes, but is not limited to feathery wings, horns, batlike demonish wings, a tragic past, or an unstable mind, results in a pleasurable addition to the normal bishi. This in turn stimulates the pleasure senses in the brain and causes the overall bishi-ness to increase. Or in other words*takes off glasses* there is no reason, they just are.

User avatar
Terra
Regular Poster
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Terra »

Mentally unstable bishis are dangerous. Danger is Sexy. Simple.
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel
Image

User avatar
Mira Fastfire
Regular Poster
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:50 am
Location: Santa Cruz County
Contact:

Post by Mira Fastfire »

I really like the femme-ness and angst. And long hair -- GOTTA love the long hair. THE bishiest anime guy I have ever seen is Signal, from Twin Signal.
~Mira

The resident cute fluffball that bites people in the bum! ;)

User avatar
Terra
Regular Poster
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Terra »

I personally really like Griffith from Berserk lately ^_^ Of course that was one of the last animes I saw too...
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel
Image

User avatar
Farfarello
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
Location: ...in front of a computer.

Post by Farfarello »

Hm...I think I most agree with Terra. Of course, this probably only applies to those that think dangerous=sexy (like me, for instance), but yes, works for me.
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.

Aelyn
Regular Poster
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Nova Scotia
Contact:

Post by Aelyn »

There's usually a damn good reason to explain their twistedness. The cool/sexy factor also increases in direct proportion to their decrease in chances that they'll ever be normal. :) Psychotic for the sake of being psychotic is also extremely fun.

Or... maybe they <i>are</i> just traumatized because of their prettiness. O_o It's possible...
<i>"If you make ships in a bottle, I bet the thing that really makes your heart sink<br>is when you look in, and there at the wheel is Captain Termite."</i>

User avatar
Caj_trixie
Regular Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:26 pm
Location: CA
Contact:

Post by Caj_trixie »

Aelyn wrote: Or... maybe they <i>are</i> just traumatized because of their prettiness. O_o It's possible...
lol maybe they're twisted because they're so pretty that they're getting jumped constantly and it throws them a little off-balance, no pun intended.
"Hopeless romantics are only hopeless in the eyes of those who don't believe in romance." ^_~*

User avatar
Legato
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:22 am
Location: the edge of hell
Contact:

Post by Legato »

farfarello wrote:...think dangerous=sexy (like me, for instance)...
>>; You are such a dork... You used MY bishi harem as an example (excluding Dilandau). And Aoshi-sama is just as yummy. -frightening giggle-

Psycho bishis have something about them... I agree with the dangerous=sexy bit, but... I dunno, they inspire an odd type of compassion in me. ^^; If someone's angsting for absolutely no reason (the "oh-my-poor-black-soullll!" types), then that's unattractive.

I always associate psychos with angst. o_O; Even if they don't actually angst in the series, I make them. Teeheeeeee...
Legato Bluesummers

"And to think that I could kill every man, woman and child in the blink of an eye if I wanted to... The power of death is intoxicating."

User avatar
Farfarello
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
Location: ...in front of a computer.

Post by Farfarello »

Excuse me, Legato-san, but since when is Farf part of YOUR harem? Jei is mine, all mine. Same with Vincent, 'cept replace "mine" with "Kelly's".
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.

User avatar
Legato
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:22 am
Location: the edge of hell
Contact:

Post by Legato »

>>; Forgive me, Farfster. I forgot. Shaddup.




Whee, now it's NOT a one-liner!
Legato Bluesummers

"And to think that I could kill every man, woman and child in the blink of an eye if I wanted to... The power of death is intoxicating."

User avatar
Terra
Regular Poster
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Terra »

Angst is another bishi quality... It greatly adds to the Danger=Sexy bishounen (Which is also the appeal of Vampire Bishounen). Angsty Bishounen like Kenichi from Your Wings are Mine, Holden from Arcana, Mamoru Kuujou from Tsunami Channel (MAMORU! Why!?), Scott from FOGClub, Vash from Trigun, Zelgadis from The Slayers, and so on... they all make you want to hold them and comfort them and identify with them and be there for them and then be the one to help them... I think it's a motherly thing that attracts girls to these types of guys since they need someone to love and care for them and cheer them up...

There is also the Mysterious Bishounen like Junichi Kawashima from Tsunami Channel, Adonis from Arcana, Squall from FF8 and I can't think of anymore... Mysterious bishounen are sexy because there's so much that you don't know about them and they're not telling, or if they tell it'll make them an angsty bishounen, which is good. They're often cold and aloof and act uncaring. This also makes many of them seem evil, which is another good bishi trait, and now I'm just babbling...
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel
Image

ZOMBIE USER 12232
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 12232 »

*nod nod* i think all of this adds to the overall bishi-ness.... and for some its mainly the fact that their so girly

User avatar
Farfarello
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
Location: ...in front of a computer.

Ponder, ponder...

Post by Farfarello »

Personally, I'm not too fond of the angsty type bishounen myself, because they tend to get on my nerves with all their angstings. Unless they're angsty in a subtly-subtle way. Not those "oh my soul, it is so very black with the darkness that torments it from the deep shadows within..." types (read: Aya *cough, cough*) I guess the only angsters I can like are the ones that tend to be more taciturn.
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.

User avatar
Terra
Regular Poster
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Terra »

Yes... Quiet Angst is so much bishier.... ^_^
"Leia!? She's frightening!" Nick, Sprite Show
"Repent your sexist ways!" Abba, Origins
~~~
I am Tsunami!Tsunami Channel
Image

User avatar
Farfarello
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:30 am
Location: ...in front of a computer.

Post by Farfarello »

To put it most simply, as my very wise, sage-like friend once stated: Sure you can angst. Just don't get it on the carpet.
I smell fear and an era of prominent madmen.

Post Reply