Praise be Goobla

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Praise be Goobla

Post by TheGoobla »

You may now call me Reverend Goobla, for I am now an ordained minister. Who wants their sins absolved? ( Methinks you'll need to commit a few first to show me you require saving. :wink: )

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Would these be posting sins i.e. trolling, flaming, etc or sins in general?

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

I was thinking more along the lines of lust.

Jaster!
Regular Poster
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Not-Georgia
Contact:

Post by Jaster! »

Lust? In Keenspace? That doesn't make any sense at all.
ARG! - Something... different?

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

Aw well. I hereby absolve the sins of everyone on this planet except for the following people (this list is subject to change):

Religious Fundies
George "Dubya" Bush
The Pope
People who prefer Coke to Pepsi
That chick that wouldn't sleep with me
War
That dude that wouldn't sleep with me
Lassie
Yahweh
All the teachers that ever failed me
Mother Teresa
Guys who wear necklaces

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

I should probably be afraid now... *snickers* congrats Goobla
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

*looks down at the little arrowhead around his neck*

Meep ...

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

He never did say in which order he had been ordained.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Checks.
TheGoobla wrote: That dude that wouldn't sleep with me
Hm. Nope. No me on that list.

Dan Nicholls
Regular Poster
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Coming to you LIVE, from Rob Zombie's dreds!
Contact:

Post by Dan Nicholls »

Methinks I'm okay with not being forgiven on this account.

*goes to have more rum and coke*
'Gunz!, where time stops...stopped...whatever.
Read the archives.
Make derisive remarks about updating on the forum.

User avatar
Chaos Cricket
Regular Poster
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:35 am
Location: State of Delusion
Contact:

Post by Chaos Cricket »

Ordained? Is it one of those denominations that ends with everyone drinkin' the spiked kool-aid?
~Chuck
Image
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing."
~Kingsley Amis

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

goob, is this the hippee order (literally) that allows you to be ordained online? I actually know another ordained minister in that order. he did it partially for religious beliefs, partially because he felt it would be a useful ability to have, and partially because the idea of getting friends drunk and marrying them appealed to him. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Chaos Cricket wrote:Ordained? Is it one of those denominations that ends with everyone drinkin' the spiked kool-aid?
Probably. I don't think I'll be taking any religious advice from TheGoobla anytime soon.

User avatar
Xmung
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:50 pm
Location: Sydney, Oz
Contact:

Post by Xmung »

Jaster! wrote:Lust? In Keenspace? That doesn't make any sense at all.
Lust in Keenspace!
Oh the pain! The pain!
Magellan ... super hero cadets - their worst enemy is themselves!
Loxie and Zoot ... cos nudists have adventures too y'know!

ZOMBIE USER 16849
Regular Poster
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 16849 »

Okay Goob, I got a pretty relavent question for you.

I haven't told any of my personal friends that I've been doing this comic yet. You know, it's one of those "surprise" things. But in the process, I've had to fib a bit - when doing a page, I'd tell them, "I have a lot of homework..." or "I'm really tired." I'm feeling really guilty here. Have I sinned, even though I eventually intend to tell them?

User avatar
Heffaloop
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:49 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Heffaloop »

TheGoobla wrote:Aw well. I hereby absolve the sins of everyone on this planet except for the following people (this list is subject to change):

That chick that wouldn't sleep with me
That dude that wouldn't sleep with me
So like, you mean everyone?
omgwtf

User avatar
Bright spark
Regular Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Post by Bright spark »

Yeah, theres probablygoing to be a lot of poeple with sins that are NOT going to absolved, coz they happened to bump Goob while he was walking one day when he was feeling irritable. So we all better be extra nice to him!!!!!!!

By the way, I'd like to be absolved, please :P
Go on, check it out


http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Soap Committee wrote:Okay Goob, I got a pretty relavent question for you.

I haven't told any of my personal friends that I've been doing this comic yet. You know, it's one of those "surprise" things. But in the process, I've had to fib a bit - when doing a page, I'd tell them, "I have a lot of homework..." or "I'm really tired." I'm feeling really guilty here. Have I sinned, even though I eventually intend to tell them?
Don't worry, I told them.

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

heffaloop wrote:
TheGoobla wrote:Aw well. I hereby absolve the sins of everyone on this planet except for the following people (this list is subject to change):

That chick that wouldn't sleep with me
That dude that wouldn't sleep with me
So like, you mean everyone?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

MariaAndMichelle wrote:
heffaloop wrote:
TheGoobla wrote:Aw well. I hereby absolve the sins of everyone on this planet except for the following people (this list is subject to change):

That chick that wouldn't sleep with me
That dude that wouldn't sleep with me
So like, you mean everyone?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Grrrr! :x
Soap Committee wrote:Okay Goob, I got a pretty relavent question for you.

I haven't told any of my personal friends that I've been doing this comic yet. You know, it's one of those "surprise" things. But in the process, I've had to fib a bit - when doing a page, I'd tell them, "I have a lot of homework..." or "I'm really tired." I'm feeling really guilty here. Have I sinned, even though I eventually intend to tell them?
You're going to hell! REPENT!! REPENT!!


Erm, I mean, choose one of the following, applicable to your religious beliefs.

1. Morality is subjective, it's not always so black and white. There are good lies and then there are bad lies.

2. We're all sinners, accept Jebus as your lord and saviour and he doesn't care how bad you are as long as you feel bad and repent.

3. Kill the infidels.

(But if you're going to worry about something, worry about cancer, not sin. At least we can prove that cancer actually exists. Just don't ask me to absolve you of your cancer.)

Post Reply