Art Show #2

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

Whoa, CaptainG, that's awesome. Although I can't actually tell what it is. But it is very pretty, regardless.

I'm thinking either spaceship or robot. Am I right?
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
Humbug
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Not here.
Contact:

Post by Humbug »

Hmm, odd, I don't see it.

User avatar
CapitanG
Regular Poster
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: My mountain hideout
Contact:

Post by CapitanG »

Huh...try this, Humbug:

http://img164.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img164& ... 1054dt.jpg

And it's supposed to be a guy with a light in a dark area, with something creeping up behind him. Or something like that.
Gnomes! --Still being updated!
Talent Optional -- Surreality TV--Both on Hiatus

User avatar
Humbug
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Not here.
Contact:

Post by Humbug »

Thx for the link. :wink: It looks great^^. I'm trying to use painter but I suck at it. :P

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

I need to get my hands on a copy of painter. I keep hearing good things about it.

*random*
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Caduceus
Regular Poster
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:16 pm

Post by Caduceus »

I've been working on an Archie-inspired comic and here is a little sample:

Image

You guys are pretty used to seeing digital stuff from me so I thought it might be interesting to show this hand drawn and hand inked image.

My materials were as follows:

A sketchpad and a Mirado Black Warrior pencil, used to make the original image.

A piece of 8.5x11 Rag Vellum

A #3 synthetic brush

Some waterproof ink

I drew the image in a sketchbook and then transferred it onto the vellum by tracing. I then inked it up with the brush and ink and wallah.
Caduceus
Marianne

User avatar
Locster
Regular Poster
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Somewhere dutch

Post by Locster »

Image

Don't ask, i don't know
My sketchbook is such a scary place...

<K-Dawg> heh 69
<Mercury_Hat> I wonder who was the first guy to come up with that

Mr. Bob wrote: <b>Locster's axe not really bloodied, Its just tomato sauce</b>

User avatar
Cat42
Emo
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:21 am
Location: "Working" on Transitions. (and Confabulation)
Contact:

Post by Cat42 »

Image

This one is for merch
Image
Someday, someday I'll finish Confabulation. That day is not today, however.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!

User avatar
CapitanG
Regular Poster
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: My mountain hideout
Contact:

Post by CapitanG »

locster wrote:[img]angly%20mcpointyguy[/img]

Don't ask, i don't know
It's a metaphor, I dare say. And a cool one, at that.
Gnomes! --Still being updated!
Talent Optional -- Surreality TV--Both on Hiatus

User avatar
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Under your skin
Contact:

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

locster wrote:Don't ask, i don't know
I don't know either. But I like it.

User avatar
Fiore42
Regular Poster
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:51 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by Fiore42 »

locster wrote:Don't ask, i don't know
I'm gonna join those saying: I don't know what it is either, but it's rather cool.

I posted an earlier version of this in an RPG thread a while back, but it's finally finished. He's a Changeling character of mine... I use "he" loosely, because he's actually a eunuch, but hey...

Image
Image

User avatar
Corgan_dane
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:12 pm
Contact:

Post by Corgan_dane »

Since Locster introduced wierdness, here's something I doodled while I reformatted my computer a few weeks ago.

Donn't ask. I don't know.

Image
Image

User avatar
Locster
Regular Poster
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Somewhere dutch

Post by Locster »

wierdness is my middle name..

i like that one corgan, don't know why
My sketchbook is such a scary place...

<K-Dawg> heh 69
<Mercury_Hat> I wonder who was the first guy to come up with that

Mr. Bob wrote: <b>Locster's axe not really bloodied, Its just tomato sauce</b>

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Jim-Bob Weirdness Locster.

Or even Jm-Bob W. Locster?

User avatar
Locster
Regular Poster
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Somewhere dutch

Post by Locster »

yes jim-bob w. locster. can't you see the hidden message?


*runs*
My sketchbook is such a scary place...

<K-Dawg> heh 69
<Mercury_Hat> I wonder who was the first guy to come up with that

Mr. Bob wrote: <b>Locster's axe not really bloodied, Its just tomato sauce</b>

User avatar
Locster
Regular Poster
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Somewhere dutch

Post by Locster »

another wierd face..

Image

whenever i'm bored things like this come out. :o
My sketchbook is such a scary place...
My sketchbook is such a scary place...

<K-Dawg> heh 69
<Mercury_Hat> I wonder who was the first guy to come up with that

Mr. Bob wrote: <b>Locster's axe not really bloodied, Its just tomato sauce</b>

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

Image

Rebels watch out!

User avatar
Locster
Regular Poster
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:56 am
Location: Somewhere dutch

Post by Locster »

yeah just go and blow me away with your crispy lines!
My sketchbook is such a scary place...

<K-Dawg> heh 69
<Mercury_Hat> I wonder who was the first guy to come up with that

Mr. Bob wrote: <b>Locster's axe not really bloodied, Its just tomato sauce</b>

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Digital War wrote:Image

Rebels watch out!
mmm, bike.

User avatar
Stolle
Regular Poster
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:37 pm
Contact:

Post by Stolle »

Image

Post Reply