Dear god, I'm almost a commander!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Navy rankings:

Seaman Recruit
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman
Petty Officer, 3rd Class
Petty Officer, 2nd Class
Petty Officer, 1st Class
Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

Midshipman
Ensign
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant
Lieutenant Commander
Commander
Captain
Rear Admiral
Vice Admiral
Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Er... then President of the United States, I think.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

..and then "Mr.Bob"


"Mr.Bob" should be the title for top rank.


I can just see it now...




..."Mr.Bob"

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Wow! I'll be captain in *calculates* in two weeks!
Well, I actually thought that I'm gonna need to hang for three years more for that. Now all the challenge is gonne. :P
I think we need special rank for Warren and JPSloan. Something like "old man".

EDIT: Incidentally, I'm obviously the only one with this ranking. One of the kind.
To show that I do not care that much for ranks, I'm editing my post instead of adding this with a new post.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Granpa 'ren.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

Mr.Bob wrote:..and then "Mr.Bob"


"Mr.Bob" should be the title for top rank.


I can just see it now...




..."Mr.Bob"
Image

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

lol.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

olo.

Yey, I'm gonna be captain so soon

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

I have only once chance to make Captain before everyone else!


I must kill you all!!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

mcDuffies
Commander, that is almost Captain

:D
Ehhh. Worth repeating it.

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

man, I'm still nothing but a lowly comander... But I have a lot more ranks under me. Huzzah!!
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Catching up Matt Lim... catching up!!! Climbing the ranks baby! :P
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

I've been lazy the past couple of days, but you shall see my true power soon you insolent monkey!!
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

*puts on cape*

To the help forums!!!!
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

Matt Lim wrote:I've been lazy the past couple of days, but you shall see my true power soon you insolent monkey!!
This avatar causes more problems then it solves. Oh well
*does the banana dance*
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

Well it appears that you will probably surpass me tis weekend since I will not be posting then. My girlfirend and I will send our four day valentines day weekend together then. So, you can win by all means :P .
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Yeah? Well, umm, I'll be busy crying into my pillow! Then going and egging the local flower shop, then more crying! Yeah, so there! J/k! I'll probably be unconscious since its the day after the rotc pt test... *shudder*
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Somesuch
Regular Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:29 pm
Location: Neverwhere.
Contact:

Post by Somesuch »

I will be a Commander yet, I say!
Is that so?

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

You'll be an "almost comander" sooner though :P .
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

Eh, whatever, it's not post count that's important, it's respectability.
I'm screwed...
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Damn! I almost passed Matt Lim!!! I think I will take a break for awhile...
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

Post Reply