VOTE: Final Alternative Name for Keen/Toonspace

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Locked

What would you like for Toonspace's Alternative Name?

Poll ended at Thu May 26, 2005 3:18 am

Stripspace
8
7%
DoomBees
15
14%
SharpComics
22
20%
ComicGenesis (ComicGen)
40
36%
DreamCosmos
3
3%
KomikSpace
5
5%
KnackSpace
6
5%
SpaceHorde
12
11%
 
Total votes: 111

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Steverules »

ComicGenesis (comicgen)is my favorite as well. Doombees is catchy and all but I wonder if it would get old after the novelty wore off?
Image

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

I totally support the idea of the Doombees being our mascot, while our name be ComicGenesis. Begin your comic here, and get protection from the doombees! Guaranteed! And free!

User avatar
Rianeva
Regular Poster
Posts: 616
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by Rianeva »

Col wrote:I totally support the idea of the Doombees being our mascot, while our name be ComicGenesis. Begin your comic here, and get protection from the doombees! Guaranteed! And free!
Yeah, that would be awesome. But would there be problems with Vasquez (since we're taking it from his comic)?

ComicGenesis gets my vote. : )

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

Rianeva wrote:
Col wrote:I totally support the idea of the Doombees being our mascot, while our name be ComicGenesis. Begin your comic here, and get protection from the doombees! Guaranteed! And free!
Yeah, that would be awesome. But would there be problems with Vasquez (since we're taking it from his comic)?

ComicGenesis gets my vote. : )
I didn't know that's where it came from.

...We could have WarWasps instead...

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

I'm the guy who voted for Komikspace.

User avatar
AsterAzul
Regular Poster
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:19 pm
Location: finding my way home
Contact:

Post by AsterAzul »

...GET HIM!!!
Image

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

Ve vill be called "Comispace". Ve vill promote the cartoonist's paradise. Of ziz there vill be no disagreement.

<small>(I'm not sure what that accent is, by the way.)</small>

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

"DreamCosmos"? Someone's been looking at the server names for esper.net too long.

VOTE FOR KRONK SPACE.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

:lol: :lol: :lol: "Kronk Space." :lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
Sam_Charette
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:58 pm
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Sam_Charette »

starline wrote:
rkolter wrote:
starline wrote: :lol:

I don't think I get many readers that way.

Starline

I hate to say it, but you'd probably get a LOT of readers this way... :-?
But what would they come looking for?

Come for the porn, stay for the comic! :)
Image

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

MariaAndMichelle wrote:mcDuffies being viciously attacked by a Doombee

Bwahaha!! :lol: awsome.

*cast his vote in secrecy*
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

I like both "ComicGenesis" and "SharpComics", but I find SharpComics easier to say. I like the slight cacophony, and I like it when "comics" is the 2nd part of the title (along with a plural).

Genesis implies a beginning, which is accurate, but I don't want to create the image that we're only "beginners" no matter how far we get along with our works.

They're both good names, but one won out over the other.

And I agree that DoomBees is a dumb name. Imagine trying to tell someone about your site. 1) It's a weird name, 2) is a little too euphonic and 3) people often have trouble spelling euphonic words. It's also waaaay too niche.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Spectre_General
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:16 pm

Post by Spectre_General »

So, what, we aren't a part of the Keen family any more? It seems that having Keen in the name was never even an option. Oh well.

Anyway, though I'm all about the chaoschronicles.comicgen.com, I also would like to throw my support behind having a Doombee on the main page, though I have no idea where the idea came from, or why it's here.
Image

User avatar
Risky
69
Posts: 3834
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 8:41 am
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Post by Risky »

Crossfire wrote:
MariaAndMichelle wrote:mcDuffies being viciously attacked by a Doombee
Bwahaha!! :lol: awsome.
what? Where?

Oh!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hm... spacechan vs the doombees... now on comicgenesis!

User avatar
AsterAzul
Regular Poster
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:19 pm
Location: finding my way home
Contact:

Post by AsterAzul »

NOOOOooo!

A vote against SharpComics is a vote for communism!!


---
SharpComics

User avatar
Tears
Regular Poster
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:28 am
Location: keeping watch for the minions of sanity
Contact:

Post by Tears »

I voted DreamCosmos... admittedly because it would work as an insider joke for my own comic (very very insider, approximately four people other than me would get it... maybe)... which ok, dumb reasoning, but no one else likes the name anyway so it's not a problem...
Warning: this poster is addicted to ellipses...

I have a web comic called Tears of Eternity if you don't look you'll never know if you would have liked it.

User avatar
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
Location: Right behind you!
Contact:

Post by Chibiartstudios »

ComicGenesis all the way!

And I noticed that alot of people where complaining about the lack of info given to spacers.

WELL! It just so happens that we make this handy dandy monthly Newsletter for all your info needs! We'll be haveing an assload of stuff in the next update all about this!

*gets shot for pluging in public*
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Risky wrote:
Crossfire wrote:
MariaAndMichelle wrote:mcDuffies being viciously attacked by a Doombee
Bwahaha!! :lol: awsome.
what? Where?

Oh!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hm... spacechan vs the doombees... now on comicgenesis!
GETITIOFF GETITOFF!

User avatar
Pillywiggin
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:05 am

Post by Pillywiggin »

steverules wrote: Doombees is catchy and all but I wonder if it would get old after the novelty wore off?
Well it was first suggested almost exactly 6 months ago and a lot of people still like it...
Image Image Image

User avatar
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3243
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 am
Location: Starring in your latest sex dream.

Post by Jackhass »

Comicgenesis is wining? Boooooo.

I voted Stripspace.
Image

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!

Locked