Maybe I'm just insane but...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

Whereas everybody else seems to get so involved in their drawings that they do silly things without realizing it, I'll sit there and draw something and be able to carry on a conversation with someone at the same time. In fact, half the time my drawings turn out better when I'm not paying attention to them. It's bizarre, really.

But I say "brb" to people all the time when I run out for snacks, so I'm not in the clear after all. Heheh.
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

In fact, I like to watch a movie while drawing. Drawing doesn't take 100% of my concentration so watching some movie with one eye suits me.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Jops wrote: I also happen to talk to / threaten videogame characters:
"Sorry sir, but i need you car! I'll bring it back later, i promise!" <- GTA 3
I've done this too.

"Hey jackass, get out of MY car!"

I've also gotten pissed off at some random guy shooting at me in GTA, beat him to death with a baseball bat, and then kicked his corpse because he'd ticked me off.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

GTA has awesome effects on human brain that way. After playing it for several hours, I go out in the street and when I see some guy getting into the car, I find myself attempting to throw him out of the car and drive away. :lol:

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Re: Maybe I'm just insane but...

Post by Jeffy »

Toastenator wrote:... I was making a panel for my comic and it was too big so I said aloud "Edit Undo, bitch". And then I realized how absurd that was. Anyone else do stuff like this, or is lunacy a party of one?
yeah, i was drawing out a comic and made a mistake, so i said "edit undo" and then waited for a second, then I realized what I had done, and watched some cartoons
Image

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

The only real thing of getting computer mixed up I can remember... is once I tried to turn off my my monitors with a mouse then remembered they don't go outside the screen.

I don't shout at my computer or anything, but I do say things like "edit free transform" or "view show layers" when I'm working on a picture.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

mcDuffies wrote:GTA has awesome effects on human brain that way. After playing it for several hours, I go out in the street and when I see some guy getting into the car, I find myself attempting to throw him out of the car and drive away. :lol:
I find that my risk-assessment abilities decrease greatly after playing that game. My driving becomes slightly more erratic if I'm not paying attention.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

Ahh GTA... Is there anything it can't ruin? :P

"I'm a little old lady for christ's sake!"

Me: "Well your about to be smaller!" *thud* *crunch* *bleed*
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Crossfire wrote:Ahh GTA... Is there anything it can't ruin? :P
Videogames?

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

Nope. Crappy GTA ripoffs. :P :-? :evil:

But good GTA ripoffs I can live with.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

Baseball? It was ruined before GTA got here
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Rhellik
Regular Poster
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Rhellik »

Yeah, Ive done the ctrl+z thing in RL, too.

Something similar, not concerning computers, was after I passed my driver's license I did the look over the shoulder before passing thingy a lot. Like in town, on foot.
Image

User avatar
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:40 am
Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".
Contact:

Post by TheLoserHero »

Sometimes, if I draw a simple line or a curvy line, I just sit there and stare at it. Just staring at the drying ink and the paper fibers. Also, when I'm just walking or driving down the street, if I see a particularly fetching building design (Cathedrals, a breathtaking landscape) I slow down and try to take it all in; endangering all those around me.

Also, if you're a girl and I'm staring at you, I'm just studying your movements. Yes, that's it. I'm studying your movements.

I don't draw enough on a computer to do computer-related freakiness, though.
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Smight wrote:Baseball? It was ruined before GTA got here
A baseball player who plays GTA and gets used to smacking people with a bat, instead of ball?

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

I don't know I think that would make the game way more interesting.

"Up to bat is number 12, Oh and he's selecet a bat with a nail in it. Odd choice"

" That's John Fargothson, He's been known to club the catcher in the back of the head every once in a while since he started playing GTA. "
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Ste-Julienne
Contact:

Post by Ti-Phil »

Well, I never did the Ctrl-Z thing, but I do something similar to McDuffies, I don't smile or anything, but I do the eye expression my character does and in some case it's really weird (my favorite is the half open eyes) ... or argue with a character on a doodle sheet... lousy characters... :evil:
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

Garasade
Regular Poster
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:54 am
Contact:

Post by Garasade »

I agree that GTA can be doubly fun when in the role of the main character and participate in the flow of action by reflecting it verbally, like a news update and somebody else is watching it unfold.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

garasade wrote:I agree that GTA can be doubly fun when in the role of the main character and participate in the flow of action by reflecting it verbally, like a news update and somebody else is watching it unfold.
When I was little, me and my sister use to talk for each others characters. it was mostly out of sheer bordom waiting for our turns however-- and I can't count the amount of times of dying cause I was laughing so hard my eyes were glazing up.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
HarukaKou
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:43 am
Location: you mean where I AM or where I THINK I am....?
Contact:

Post by HarukaKou »

I Ctrl Z everything... ^^; So does my gf, so when we're both on the computer trying to color stuff, all you here is "click click CTRL Z, DAMNIT!! click click click..." XD You're not insane! You're perfectly normal...for insane people. ^_^
"Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken..."

User avatar
Johndisko
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Johndisko »

i have honestly tried to "copy paste" real life. like one time i tried to wipe my finger across my TV so i could save the advertisement phone number for another time....

*crooked smile*
im the "j" "o" to the "h" "n" and i cant even spell the rest. it takes too long and i need a friggin cigarette.

Post Reply