Need an opinion...
- Nanda
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4268
- Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
- Location: Peeking out of the closet.
- Contact:
Need an opinion...
...and I'm sure plenty of you have 'em. Tim mentioned over in the avatar exchange thread that I have a very tiny archive, which, at this point, I do. However, I'm also sitting on four or five ready-to-go comics at this time. I've actually been posting Ugly Girl stuff at deviantArt for a long time now - just not necessarily comic panels - and have a few more strips and quite a bit of fanart. So I was wondering: The plan was to update Ugly Girl weekly - I'm a stay-at-home Mom, and while I have time for the comic in general, I don't have enough to crank it out more often than that - should I post everything I've got? I thought it might be better to wait initially, and spread out the stuff I had over the weeks until I had the Keenspace system figured out (which I pretty much do now) and had my site looking not-so-craptacular, which I realize now is an ongoing process. Hell, at this point I doubt it matters, since I'm sure no one's reading it yet anyway, but should I do a big upload? It's probably better to have a bigger archive than a gorgeous site, right?
spread it out. that way if you cant make one one time, you have a reserve to choose from
plus, like megatokyo, if you cant make a comic, you can just post some fan art to please the masses until you can get another comic up
thats my two hundreths of a dollar
-jd
plus, like megatokyo, if you cant make a comic, you can just post some fan art to please the masses until you can get another comic up
thats my two hundreths of a dollar
-jd
im the "j" "o" to the "h" "n" and i cant even spell the rest. it takes too long and i need a friggin cigarette.
No need to do more than you can handle. Go with your original schedule.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
You're a stay at home mom. I really can't hold it against you to want a buffer zone in case accidents, parental issues, or tragedy (god forbid) strikes.
In fact, I'm demanding you spread it out
In fact, I'm demanding you spread it out
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
- Godoftarot
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 911
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
- Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
- Contact:
Unless you miraculously get the extra time, I would definately say yeah, spread it out. If you think you'll have the time, you could set up a twice a week schedule, but that's up to you.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."
- Nanda
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4268
- Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
- Location: Peeking out of the closet.
- Contact:
Ack! Never say the "t" word to a mom!TdotOdot2k wrote:You're a stay at home mom. I really can't hold it against you to want a buffer zone in case accidents, parental issues, or tragedy (god forbid) strikes.
Oh! That's great to hear.mcDuffies wrote:BTW those two comics look interesting.
Well, everyone seems to be of the same opinion, so I guess it's a good idea to stick with my game plan. Thanks for the input everybody!
- Leko
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2263
- Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
- Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
- Contact:
Just tell her it reminded you of her because of how absolutely opposite of her it was in every way. Uncannily opposite, even. But don't overdo it or she'll think you're making excuses.
You know, if guys would just ASK us how our minds worked, and were polite about it, they wouldn't have to remain in ignorance. ^_^
You know, if guys would just ASK us how our minds worked, and were polite about it, they wouldn't have to remain in ignorance. ^_^
- Nyke
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 4704
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
- Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
- Contact:
Jeffy?
Man, the olbies are really coming back, ain't they?
Man, the olbies are really coming back, ain't they?
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
- MariaAndMichelle
- Cartoon Henchgirls
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
- Location: Together
- Contact:
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
Jeffy has been around all this time, popping in now and then.

MariaAndMichelle wrote:Nanda wrote:There probably is... It's the one that comes over to my comic every now and then and tells it it has a fat ass.mcDuffies wrote:If there was only a comic called "Hot chick".
I'm actually surprised there isn't.![]()
-
Ian Moulding
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1330
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:07 pm
- Location: Watching you. Right now. And frankly, you're boring.
- Contact:
I asked a girlfriend (Now ex- ) what she was thinking, once. She wanted to know what I meant by that. I said I meant "What are you thinking about?"Leko wrote:You know, if guys would just ASK us how our minds worked, and were polite about it, they wouldn't have to remain in ignorance. ^_^
"Well I don't know. What are you thinking about?"
Things went downhill from there.
And Nanda, keep to a schedule that you feel you can meet. I've dropped comics from my bookmarks because they stopped meeting their own schedule. RPGWorld is one I used to enjoy; I hear they've started updating again, but I no longer care. If you have a good reason for missing an update or two, your readers will stick around. But if you fall behind and disappear for several scheduled updates for no apparent reason, people will leave.[/i]







ANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

