I'm still trying to figure out how I can just skip the first two steps.mcDuffies wrote:1. I draw comic
2. ???
3. Profit
How is YOUR comic done?
Actually, funny enough, that's something I forgot to mention in all that. Each page takes about 8 hours from start to finish. Some faster some slower it just depends.collapse wrote:Holy shit! That's the longest, most involved method I've ever seen... for anything! How long does each page take you? (I didn't read all of the text, so if you said, I missed itDerenge wrote:Hey, mcduffies is an underpants gnome, who'da thunk it.mcDuffies wrote:1. I draw comic
2. ???
3. Profit
And here is my very long answer to the question even if I'm still polishing it.
http://ameryonline.com/pointless/forum/ ... TOPIC_ID=8)
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
Egad, people, now you really make me feel like an awfull cheater! It takes no more than a few hours to make a weekly update for me.
Weekly update is four strips, but usually strip spans into a half-page or full-page.
True, it's b/w but know people who take very lokg time with b/w too. It just feels as though I'm letting all kind of crap get in...
Weekly update is four strips, but usually strip spans into a half-page or full-page.
True, it's b/w but know people who take very lokg time with b/w too. It just feels as though I'm letting all kind of crap get in...
- Birdie
- Keeps telling everyone stuff
- Posts: 813
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:50 am
- Location: With your mom
- Contact:
You complain about doing a weekly update in a few hours? I can do a monthly set of updates in an hour or two. I've done two weeks worth of comics in about 2 hours due to my cheap manuevers, but I'm working on doing some handsketched SFF comics for the future. Now that I'm over my writer's block.mcDuffies wrote:Egad, people, now you really make me feel like an awfull cheater! It takes no more than a few hours to make a weekly update for me.
Weekly update is four strips, but usually strip spans into a half-page or full-page.
True, it's b/w but know people who take very lokg time with b/w too. It just feels as though I'm letting all kind of crap get in...
"I find the first strip on this site incredibly offensive and awful" - Scott Kurtz
SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!
SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!
- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
Ok! It takes me at the MAX 2 hours to finish a comic! 8 total hours is just insain!
I feel bad! I've always wondered why all of you "all most profesionals" look ten time better than my best, and I just found out why. Not only do you take more time and scan at 600 dpi and do like abillionan'one steps that you call three, you also use technicle things like 4A paper and different HB pencils and special straight edges and gum erasers and Monkey slaves and toaster ovens! THAT'S NO FAIR!
I use the best wood pencil I can find at the moment, a peice of computer paper (or card-stock if I'm lucky), MABEY a ruler and a white eraser that is becoming dull.
Then, I scan it in at 200 dpi, open it in PSP7, change the light to make it better, make a new layer to ink and color in, another layer for text, flatten, resize and save.
I don't have special pens or special pencils or special brownies to make mine fancy. no wander Esoterik has super drawing skillz! He has the stuff to do it for him! *growls* I'm going to sharpen my claws on your couch!
I feel bad! I've always wondered why all of you "all most profesionals" look ten time better than my best, and I just found out why. Not only do you take more time and scan at 600 dpi and do like abillionan'one steps that you call three, you also use technicle things like 4A paper and different HB pencils and special straight edges and gum erasers and Monkey slaves and toaster ovens! THAT'S NO FAIR!
I use the best wood pencil I can find at the moment, a peice of computer paper (or card-stock if I'm lucky), MABEY a ruler and a white eraser that is becoming dull.
Then, I scan it in at 200 dpi, open it in PSP7, change the light to make it better, make a new layer to ink and color in, another layer for text, flatten, resize and save.
I don't have special pens or special pencils or special brownies to make mine fancy. no wander Esoterik has super drawing skillz! He has the stuff to do it for him! *growls* I'm going to sharpen my claws on your couch!
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
Finally someone who gets me!supernerdcore wrote:You complain about doing a weekly update in a few hours? I can do a monthly set of updates in an hour or two. I've done two weeks worth of comics in about 2 hours due to my cheap manuevers, but I'm working on doing some handsketched SFF comics for the future. Now that I'm over my writer's block.mcDuffies wrote:Egad, people, now you really make me feel like an awfull cheater! It takes no more than a few hours to make a weekly update for me.
Weekly update is four strips, but usually strip spans into a half-page or full-page.
True, it's b/w but know people who take very lokg time with b/w too. It just feels as though I'm letting all kind of crap get in...
wow. I always wondered how long it took other people to do their comics. Maybe becuase I am still learning, but it takes me anywhere from 8-10 hours to sketch, scan and print a copy, ink it, rescan, clean it up, color it, shade it, add text, and finally update my blurb on the main page.
Even my extras art, where I practice my photoshop techniques take me 5-8 hours to do. sadly, that's why my updates are only once a week (if that!)

Even my extras art, where I practice my photoshop techniques take me 5-8 hours to do. sadly, that's why my updates are only once a week (if that!)
Where is your comic anyway?[AlmightyPyro] wrote:Ok! It takes me at the MAX 2 hours to finish a comic! 8 total hours is just insain!
I feel bad! I've always wondered why all of you "all most profesionals" look ten time better than my best, and I just found out why. Not only do you take more time and scan at 600 dpi and do like abillionan'one steps that you call three, you also use technicle things like 4A paper and different HB pencils and special straight edges and gum erasers and Monkey slaves and toaster ovens! THAT'S NO FAIR!
I use the best wood pencil I can find at the moment, a peice of computer paper (or card-stock if I'm lucky), MABEY a ruler and a white eraser that is becoming dull.
Then, I scan it in at 200 dpi, open it in PSP7, change the light to make it better, make a new layer to ink and color in, another layer for text, flatten, resize and save.
I don't have special pens or special pencils or special brownies to make mine fancy. no wander Esoterik has super drawing skillz! He has the stuff to do it for him! *growls* I'm going to sharpen my claws on your couch!
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!
- Aropeofsand
- Newbie
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:31 pm
- Location: Savannah, GA
- Contact:
-
Andrew Hickey
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:47 pm
- Contact:
Takes me about 12 hours to do a comic normally. The one I posted last Saturday was an exception - only took about 4 hours because five of the six panels are the same panel copy-and-pasted. The one before that though took maybe 30+ hours to do. This is why I'm updating sporadically at best...never try to do a photorealistic comic when you have no discernable artistic ability...
http://dumbangel.keenspace.com - Look!Listen!Vibrate!Smile!
FINALLY returned Aug 13 2005. Updated approximately weekly
FINALLY returned Aug 13 2005. Updated approximately weekly







