Which Gender do YOU like to draw?
- Enoll
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:36 pm
- Location: Tweed Heads, Australia
- Contact:
I draw both but I could never draw boobs properly..
they alwys ended up being all wonky or misshapen..
luckily I CAN draw just fine now...but there are a whole bunch
of cumpled up paper women out there that need surgery...
they alwys ended up being all wonky or misshapen..
luckily I CAN draw just fine now...but there are a whole bunch
of cumpled up paper women out there that need surgery...
Yes..tis' I & my gang of Idiots.
Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.
Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.
Mhh I mostly draw women 'cause I draw my RPG characters ^^ but in fact I like to draw both. Each gender has its on specialities and until you have mastered the correct form of the breasts the beauty of women can compete easily with those of men ...
My DA-Gallery - some art stuff
- KittyKatBlack
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 3182
- Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
- Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
- Contact:
sippan wrote:I dunno, that phrasing doesn't really apply to Ghastly's stuff, I think... Sounds more like what you could say about THIS (not at all worksafe) or *THIS* (mother of not worksafe)KittyKatBlack wrote:A link from Ghastly is like a horrible car accident. You don't want to look, but you just have to, and often times, you regret doing so soon aftewards....Ghastly wrote:A little from column A and a little from column B.
(Do I even need to qualify any link I put up as NSFW? I mean, c'mon!)![]()
Click on those and then you can talk about car accidents
...I hate you.
Well, I don't know the Ghastly's characters, but this one is supposed to be a guy, right? Well, maybe it's just the pose, but he seems to have a female pelvis.mcDuffies wrote:Meh, a girl with male genitals. Nothing I haven't seen before.KittyKatBlack wrote:A link from Ghastly is like a horrible car accident. You don't want to look, but you just have to, and often times, you regret doing so soon aftewards....Ghastly wrote:A little from column A and a little from column B.
(Do I even need to qualify any link I put up as NSFW? I mean, c'mon!)![]()
Um, not in live.
And I find it odd, because usualy when Ghastly posts pictures of girls (again, I don't know the characters, so maybe they're not really girls, erm) their pelvises are not really feminine.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
Man, you guys should read anatomy drawing tutorials written by women. I think there's one on the howtodrawmanga.com site by Julie Dillon or something like that. She describes breasts as "overturned teacups" rather than balloon-like masses. Pretty good way to look at it if you're really trying to get anatomy right rather than the "j00 are teh sexy" effect.
- MariaAndMichelle
- Cartoon Henchgirls
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
- Location: Together
- Contact:
It's easier for Michelle to draw girls (y'know... 'cause she is one and all...), but 'SAK!' is full of boys which she has come to enjoy drawing... so... both...
I like drawing boys better. The female curves are easier to draw, but in my opinion not as aesthetic as the planes and sharp angles of the male body.
The contradiction lies in the fact that the boys I draw are usually rather feminine. I prefer some degree of androgyny, so my drawings are a combination of stereotypical male and female features.
In fact, drawing hermaphrodites is fun. But then again, drawing and looking at female breasts is really not something I enjoy..
The contradiction lies in the fact that the boys I draw are usually rather feminine. I prefer some degree of androgyny, so my drawings are a combination of stereotypical male and female features.
In fact, drawing hermaphrodites is fun. But then again, drawing and looking at female breasts is really not something I enjoy..

'She seemed, poor woman, to imagine that the French and the Martians might prove very similar.'
-H.G. Wells, War of the Worlds
>>
Mmmmm. Breasts.
The abovementioned Julie's tutorial is where I learned effective breastdrawing.
The abovementioned Julie's tutorial is where I learned effective breastdrawing.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.
- Enoll
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:36 pm
- Location: Tweed Heads, Australia
- Contact:
That's true...I've seen drawn girls that look just like menJackhass wrote:You have to be a lot more careful with girls...have to make sure they stay attractive and don't start looking manly.
broad shoulders...manly chin....the works..
but hey..../there are lots of guys in real life that look like ugly chicks &
chicks that look like guys.
Yes..tis' I & my gang of Idiots.
Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.
Watchout for our comic "Irregular Guys"
..comming soon...hah.
- Birdie
- Keeps telling everyone stuff
- Posts: 813
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:50 am
- Location: With your mom
- Contact:
drawing A woman is fun.
On my own I think I prefer to draw girls, in my comic all my characters were "male" until recently when I added my first female character, and she's fun to draw. It also added a whole new opportunity for bad jokes about women and dating.
"I find the first strip on this site incredibly offensive and awful" - Scott Kurtz
SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!
SuperFightFight More Filling than Douche Juice!
I just started drawing girls for the first time in the style I use for ORBVS, and it's a lot of fun! Especially drawing them in sexy leather catsuits... I guess I'm also really enjoying drawing my new female character because she's really sassy, and sassy people are so much fun to draw.
So my vote is now for "sassy girls" as a gender.
So my vote is now for "sassy girls" as a gender.
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Now Alive Again
Now Alive Again
- CJBurgandy
- Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
- Posts: 6538
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Too Old for this Shit
- Contact:
I actually do look at women in porn magazines..... for Anatomy reasons.... don't look at me like that..... Liriel is correct in saying that they are a good resource for good looking boobs.Liriel wrote:You know for all this talk about anatomy and trying to draw breasts... has anyone considered that porn mags maybe yet the best resource for good lookin' boobs?
~Liriel
(BTW, long time no see Liriel, was beginning to wonder where you were at)
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
- Phact0rri
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 5772
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
- Location: ????
- Contact:
well current porn mags really are more silcone and malshaped forms. I do however have table photography books, of vintage stuff from the fifties and sixties that help out a lot. Man Ray, bettie Paige, and the like really are wonderful resources.
todays current standards really don't help me a lot. Now those weight lifting mags come in handy to help figure out anatomy stuff...
anyone ever use those?
todays current standards really don't help me a lot. Now those weight lifting mags come in handy to help figure out anatomy stuff...
anyone ever use those?










