Making Pictures with MSPAINT!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Axonite
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: NEPA
Contact:

Post by Axonite »

The shuttle took a wrong turn somewhere: http://stationv3.keenspace.com/viewimag ... ngturn.gif

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Image

Image

User avatar
CapitanG
Regular Poster
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: My mountain hideout
Contact:

Post by CapitanG »

Here's one that I really like, even if it isn't by any standards "good." The piece is titled simply "Commander, death, fire and dog."

Image

I will draw fanart for any man, woman, child, or other who can tell me what game I stole that title from. And I mean real fanart, not something like this.

User avatar
Caduceus
Regular Poster
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:16 pm

Post by Caduceus »

Image
Caduceus
Marianne

User avatar
Platypus
Regular Poster
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:00 pm

Post by Platypus »

Stephen Henderson-Grady wrote:Image
All i have to say is ... wow :D

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Soap, I'm afraid I'm going to have to clonk you over the head and take your pie now.

Image
Image

Not damonk
Regular Poster
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: not anywhere near where damonk lives
Contact:

Post by Not damonk »

Question:

how many of you are using your mouse for these?

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Mine was done with a mouse. But it's old. If I was to do a new one, it would be with the majic of tablet.
Image

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Tablet here.

I'm a cheater... :oops:

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

Mouse. I still find it easier to use than the tablet. Need more practice.

Not damonk
Regular Poster
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: not anywhere near where damonk lives
Contact:

Post by Not damonk »

Evil Jamie! wrote:Mine was done with a mouse. But it's old. If I was to do a new one, it would be with the majic of tablet.
Very nice -- very close to your normal pen and ink style!

Not damonk
Regular Poster
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: not anywhere near where damonk lives
Contact:

Post by Not damonk »

RPin wrote:Tablet here.

I'm a cheater... :oops:
S'okay, R... I still love ya and all...

or was that despise ya?

I can never remember anymore... :wink:

(hey, can you do me a favour and write to me at damonk@comixpedia.com ? I need to ask something of you...)

Not damonk
Regular Poster
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: not anywhere near where damonk lives
Contact:

Post by Not damonk »

Mr.Bob wrote:Mouse. I still find it easier to use than the tablet. Need more practice.
Pretty impressive for a mouse, that. Good colour palette, too, considering you used paint.

Melody
Regular Poster
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:21 am
Contact:

>>

Post by Melody »

Tablet. I bet you could tell.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

Mouse. I still have no tablet, to this day...
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Tablet. I still have no mouse.

Melody
Regular Poster
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:21 am
Contact:

>>

Post by Melody »

Soap Soaperson wrote:Mouse. I still have no tablet, to this day...
:X I guess you don't really need one, seeing as you do most of your art on paper. I like my tablet. I really want a Cintiq, though.
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

not damonk wrote:
RPin wrote:Tablet here.

I'm a cheater... :oops:
S'okay, R... I still love ya and all...

or was that despise ya?

I can never remember anymore... :wink:

(hey, can you do me a favour and write to me at damonk@comixpedia.com ? I need to ask something of you...)
Don't! It's not damonk!

Seriously though, why don't you use PersonalMesagess system?
Last edited by YarpsDat on Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

Melody
Regular Poster
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 9:21 am
Contact:

>>

Post by Melody »

Yeah... And by the way, is your name a parody of "not da momma" ... ?
http://www.gamasutra.com - Game developer community and resources.
http://www.intpcentral.com - Like a bunch of Melody's, but weaker.
http://www.dietpepsi.com/ - Tastes interesting.

Not damonk
Regular Poster
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: not anywhere near where damonk lives
Contact:

Post by Not damonk »

YarpsDat wrote: Seriously though, why don't you use PersonalMesagess system?
'Cause that would have required me to actually use what passes for my brain, and I hadn't secured the proper brain-usage forms and authorization signatures from the Little Gnomes That Run Around In My Headtm.

Sometimes, they can be so anal.

but let's not talk about their night-life on a public forum, shall we?

*badump ching*

Post Reply