Jaegers - The applications are closed.

Animals? Deities? Automatons? Man, there are some wacky things here.

Jaegers - The applications are closed.

Postby The Mortician on Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Original Character Casting Call
No Cameos*! No Dragons! No More Foxes!

At this current moment, only one soldier is pending approval (Lunar). All applications are closed. This thread will reopen for later submissions. Thank you for your work.

That's right, the Jaegers are hiring recruits for the cavalry army. I may kill some of them depending on story, just to let you know.

I'm filling ranks for the army, the most I am asking for is 8-9 entries. Which should be about two captains, 6-7 privates.

The planned arrival of these characters is right around the Beginning of Arc II and chapter 6. I am planning to recycle these officers over and over, so they will prop up time to time in the story.

The Form
When filling out the form, remember this: Details!

I don't need an exact biography on the character, but a description of "fox with backpack" is not going to cut the cheese. Google and link references if you can't describe it (it really helps). Otherwise it will come off as overly standard fox with an overly standard backpack and just sink into the backdrop to never be heard of again... *play fog and sad music*

Hey, if you want to post all pictures, be my guest.

Information

Pick an Animal: It can be any animal that has a real base in the real world. Its pretty open except no "crossbreeds" (no means no!) I don't want to hear about a half-skunk-dog-elephant that just happened to be only exist in the depths of your mind. Sorry but to me that would break world rules of the comic.
No Dragons, flight birds please!*

Name: Don't get worked up over the weird nameing system I use. Try making it up the best you can. I may have to edit it, kay? ^o^

Clothing: Also, another thing, what I'm looking for it suggestions of clothing. Avoid modern clothing or future clothing (no means no). Fantasy and Historical is fine. THEY NEED CLOTHING. I don't like drawing naked animals... at all. However, one of the exceptions the clothing is props.

An idea about the uniforms:
Captains need worry only about pants.
Privates need shirts and pants.
No need to worry about shoes.

Proposed Rank - Captain or Private. There will only be two captains for this part.

Description: "lightning bolt scar on their forehead" or "Has long whiskers". Are they tall? Short? Long tailed? Short ears? Is there a nick in the ear? is there a strange recoloring in one eye? is there tail short? Is there a patch of fur that looks like a "C"? Tell me about it. The more you add here to their species, the more original they become.

Items: I allow modern accessories. Like an umbrella, glasses, etc... (no shoes or footwear though).

EDIT: Don't worry about weapons. Jaegers use crossbows.

History
About Jaeger: Somewhere less than 20 years ago, there was a wake of disasters between Juperbel, the feral people of Jusamu, and the barbarians of Duseya. As a result the Runel and the Juperbel, with the efforts of the Feral people, formed an united flamingo-rider army, that's been given the power to police when needed. Their power rests heavily upon the alliance of the 3 strongest powers in the northern part of the world. The news of this has reached even some members of the Imaseya ( lizard people ).

They are the Jaegers. Who serve under the elected Marshall Reyel.

The Sheet
(Fill out every field.)

Forum Name: (the name your posting under)
Character name: (when I make a page of the soldiers, or use it in the thread)
Proposed Rank:
Species:
Height:
Description:
Clothing:
Personality:
Items:

Limit 1 to person unless I say its okay.
Last edited by The Mortician on Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:46 am, edited 10 times in total.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby 834n on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:22 pm

Forum Name: 834n
Character name: Mitt Tahnz
Proposed Rank: Captain
Species: Cat
Body Type: A little short and stocky. Think along the lines of Napoleon.
Height: 5' 2"
Description: Brownish gray fur and bright green eyes. His fur is thick and shaggy, making him look a little heavier than he is. Also see this for what he looks like as a cat (brown cat in first panel).
Clothing: Captain gear plus basic dress pants and one of those funny hats with a plume.
Personality: Mitt is stern and serious. He's easy to displease with disobedience, though despite how he feels he doesn't show emotion in large. Even in battle, he remains calm. Because of this, he can be an inspiration to his fellows, though outside of combat they might think him prude. He's proud and imperialistic in a sense. He probably finds himself above low class people.
Items: Is a pocket watch okay? Someone like him would probably like to berate people for being 15 seconds late. If that's not alright for the time setting then he doesn't really need any items aside from whatever weapons you give the Jaegar.
ImageImageImage
834n
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:52 pm

This character is OH SO approved.
(except for the name which will change to "Tahns" because there is no z in this language).

APPROVED SO FAR:
Captain Tahns
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Midel on Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:42 pm

Forum Name: Midel
Character name: Dalam Crumbs
Proposed Rank: Private
Species: Beaver
Body Type: Thin and stalk-y... Think Celery. [link]
Height: 6'2"
Description: A regular old beaver with superior height. He carries in a pot strapped to his back a large unusual amount of carnivorous plants. (I don't care for size. But I was thinking Doc Ock-like with no ability to walk on them. They would only eat birds and stuff.)
Clothing: A small brown jacket and a white ripped shirt with (if colored) green splotches. Pants are brown cargo pants also with stains of green.
Personality: Quiet but loves plants and constantly stops to water and care for small plants. He seems to socialize with them more than fellow soldiers.
Items: Normal gear for a private plus a bag full of gardening equipment.
Midel

Postby The Mortician on Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:36 am

APPROVED SO FAR:
Captain Mitt Tahns
Private Dalam Crumbs
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:01 pm

Last edited by The Mortician on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby 834n on Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:04 pm

That's perfect Mort :D
ImageImageImage
834n
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dracomax on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Forum Name: dracomax
Character name: Rascal Procyon the III
Proposed Rank:Private
Species:Racoon
Body Type:medium-sized, plump
Height:5'6

Description:not as fat as he initially appears, as his fur is extremely poofy. aside from the bandit mask black around the eyes, he has short grey fur. his left ear is slightly cropped, as the tip was torn off in a street fight. he is also missing the last knuckle of the third finger on his right hand from the same.

Clothing:musketter clothing (<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Altblau_regiment_musketeer.jpg">(Altblau regiment c. 1630s),</a> (i'd describe it, but don't know what most of the pieces are called) as well as a large bulky backpack filled with odds and ends. his hat is like the poofy hat, without the feather.

Personality:Rascal is a kleptomaniac. he searches through anything and everything, searching for valuables, and finding them amidst things others would leave for trash. if he could stop stealing from freinds, he'd be a good quartermaster. he has a bit of temper, and will get into a fight over any percieved insult, however he rarely takes it past the point of first blood.

He is a bit of a snob, and will describe his (imaginary) illustrious lineage to anyone who will listen. He's good at getting into trouble, but fiercely loyal to his freinds. There has also not been built a prison cell which can hold him, which is handy, because he usually starts fights while engaging in an addiction to food.

Items: A backpack containing odds and ends from everywhere he's been, a bandoleer with half the contents filled with food, a musket, and a small picture of his mother.
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby Toboe on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:18 pm

Forum Name: Toboe
Character name: Toby Vulpinio
Proposed Rank: Captain
Species: Fox
Body Type: 5’9” thin but athletic and sleek
Description: Vivid blue eyes and thick silky red fur with slight orangish highlights, a black ring around his right eye, and a white chest from along under his jaw to his hips. Long whiskers. Ears and tail have a varying width black band blending to white tips(2” on ears 6” on tail), thick poofy tail, long ears with white insides, left ear has a few small hoop earrings and right ear has a chunk bitten out of it half way up and it folds forward above bite. His hair is orange (same color as highlights in fur) pushes forward and is a few inches long and a bit messy.
Clothing: Captain gear plus blue or green cargo type pants (what ever looks better with the uniform color), a fitted baseball hat (same color as pants) that his ears poke through.
Personality: Toby is open, easy going, and a bit of a goof but can be serious when needed. He is lenient on his subordinates and tries to be one of the guys but will not hesitate to reprimand if needed, a well-trained soldier that is level headed on the battlefield and an expert marksman.
Items: A silver necklace of some odd design (can’t think of explanation or find picture), a backpack with various things like a compass, canteen, and other handy things in it. A tan belt that has a knife and if Jaegar’s have guns, ammo clips in pouches that go to his 45mm sidearm and a sniper riffle. If there are no guns, then some kind of holster to hold his weapon.
(can provide link to guns if needed)
If you need more characters i have a wolf character idea i can modify and embellish
Toboe

Postby The Mortician on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:35 pm

Toboe wrote: If there are no guns, then some kind of holster to hold his weapon.
Yeah... thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to address that weapon issue in the thread. Don't worry about it really. Guns are too advanced at the moment for the Feral to make, and swords are outright pointless. Like in chapter 2, arrows are the weapon of choice, however that means nothing against a robot.

Toboe wrote:If you need more characters i have a wolf character idea i can modify and embellish
If you want to submit both, go ahead. I'll use the better of the two for the cavalry.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:51 pm

Most of which looks good, Draco. Here's what I picked out to change.
dracomax wrote:Forum Name: dracomax
Character name: Rascal Procyon the III

Clothing:musketter clothing (<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Altblau_regiment_musketeer.jpg">(Altblau regiment c. 1630s),</a> (i'd describe it, but don't know what most of the pieces are called) as well as a large bulky backpack filled with odds and ends. his hat is like the poofy hat, without the feather.

Items: A backpack containing odds and ends from everywhere he's been, a bandoleer with half the contents filled with food, a musket, and a small picture of his mother.

Name
: something like: Ralisun Clarhem the Third

Clothing: looks good. Minus the socks and shoes.

Items: Like I mentioned last post, the gun will be removed and replaced with an appropriate item. the Bardiche as well. The Bandoleer is going to be replaced with a belt having small odds and ends that Charhem picked up handing off it instead.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:45 pm

Assuming that this submission is the one you want to use...

Everything else is fine.

Toboe wrote:Character name: Toby

Description: A black ring around his right eye

Clothing: a fitted baseball hat (same color as pants) that his ears poke through.

Items: A silver necklace of some odd design (can’t think of explanation or find picture).

Name: something like: Tobua Yelponam

Description: (Hmmmm... not certain... Namu has one around his left eye, let me think on this one.)

Clothing: This would break world rules. Caps aren't accessories. D:

Items: the safest bet would be a lock looking necklace. Otherwise fine.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:47 pm

APPROVED SO FAR:
1. Captain Mitt Tahns
4. Captain Tobua Yelponam

2. Private Dalam "Crumbs"
3. Private Ralisun Clarhem the Third
Last edited by The Mortician on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Toboe on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:15 am

The Mortician wrote:Assuming that this submission is the one you want to use...

Everything else is fine.

Sounds good. looking forward to seeing how he turns out
Toboe

Postby The Mortician on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:40 am

So you have an idea of army I have so far:

Last edited by The Mortician on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Toboe on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:50 am

I really like the way Yelponam came out, good job
Toboe

Postby Lunar on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Forum Name: Lunar
Character name: Noir Desaad
Proposed Rank: General (though I'm not oppose to demotion in order to get approved)
Species: Bat
Body Type: Fairly average body type, not to tall or too short, a bit stockier then average though.
Height: 5' 7"
Description: Though of average build he seems to emit an aura of discomfort to anyone that's around him. Most just tend to leave him alone. His most distinguishing characteristic is the crescent moon scar over his right eye.
Personality: His dark appearance matches his personality. He tends to keep to himself and leaves things alone as long as they don't conflict with his personal ideals, cross him though and you'll be in for some serious disciplinary action.

Lunar
Regular Poster

Postby The Mortician on Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:41 am

Lunar wrote:Proposed Rank: General (though I'm not oppose to demotion in order to get approved)
I was wondering at first why you didn't put down anything for clothing until I noticed the rank. I'm sorry, Not to sound like an ingrate, but I'm only accepting positions for privates. The third division is for a later date and time when I need them in the story.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Lunar on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:37 pm

The Mortician wrote:
Lunar wrote:Proposed Rank: General (though I'm not oppose to demotion in order to get approved)
I was wondering at first why you didn't put down anything for clothing until I noticed the rank. I'm sorry, Not to sound like an ingrate, but I'm only accepting positions for privates. The third division is for a later date and time when I need them in the story.

No sweat, I didn't notice the (privares only) at the start of the post. I'll just make some modifcations and get back to you in a bit.

Lunar
Regular Poster

Postby The Mortician on Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:11 pm

The Mortician wrote:Image

Apparently some other people are confused what I'm looking for.

I've updated my list to help that. The GREEN words are the open spots.
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Project A.D.A.M.