The CG & CoH/V thread (Former Accts reactivated to Sunday)

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Which server should the second SG/VG pair be located

Victory
25%
Virtue
17%
We should concentrate on the groups on Triumph
8%
I play, but I don't care
No votes
I don't play
50%
Triumph, Victory, and Virtue suck. I want it on a totally different server.
No votes

Total votes : 12

The CG & CoH/V thread (Former Accts reactivated to Sunday)

Postby Nyke on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:25 pm

EDIT II, JUDGEMENT DAY: Added Reactivation note. It'sa true!
EDIT: Choose the second SG/VG pair server.

Okay, as Turnsky is trying to organize guilds in World of Warcraft, I'm spearheading a similar movement in CoH/V.
  • First, there is now a ComicGenesis global channel. Either look for it on the channel search or just
      /chanjoin ComicGenesis
  • Second, I'm also planning on creating a SuperGroup and Villain group for Comic Genesis members. I'm currently looking at Triumph. I'll wait for 7 days (to December 1st) for the voting to go over. I wish I could have an poll with an option for each server, but the system wouldn't allow it, so this vote is mostly public (PM me if you prefer privacy).
  • Third, I call dibs on the first McDuffies parody.

For a reminder, the servers are
  • Champion
  • Freedom
  • Guardian
  • Infinity
  • Justice
  • Liberty
  • Pinnacle
  • Protector
  • Triumph
  • Victory
  • Virtue
Last edited by Nyke on Thu May 03, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 9 times in total.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Linkara on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:11 pm

Should the heroes we create for the group be reflections of our avatars?

Personally, I prefer champion where my other toons are, but I can go with whatever. ^_~

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Nyke on Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:47 pm

Linkara wrote:Should the heroes we create for the group be reflections of our avatars?

Personally, I prefer champion where my other toons are, but I can go with whatever. ^_~
There's no real rule on whether or not it should be related to avatars. I'm planning on starting the hero one with a manifestation of my online self, and the villain one with a mcduffies parody.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Nyke on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:27 pm

There are now reports of female Longbow agents mysteriously losing undergarments after Rogue Isle excursions. Agents have identified this... whatever, as the culprit.
Attachments
McDuffies.jpg
McDuffies.jpg (12.63 KiB) Viewed 3704 times
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Carlin on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:38 pm

And here I was just recently trying to cure my altitis. Ah well... I'll never turn down an excuse to roll ANOTHER hero. (only three deleted this week. a personal best! Usually it's 13...)

Now if only I could settle on a powerset combo... If I were to go after my avatar I would totally go AR/Dev, but I loves mah Defenders...

As for server, anything is fine by me, really. Virtue is my home and the only place I have a hero of any significant level, including my only 50, so I'm a bit biased. And you get used to the catgirls after a while... Only three of em in Pocket D at any given moment. :shifty:
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?
Carlin
...or Crossfire

Postby Turnsky on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:46 pm

i fully endorse this action, Darkmagician.
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:48 pm

I been thinking of checking this game out... I might have to do that now.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby [AlmightyPyro] on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:16 pm

I really want to play it, but that whole paying for it thing makes me not.
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Postby MixedMyth on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:57 pm

It's a fun game. I played it a bunch last year. But then I just didn't have time to do it on top of school and work, so I canceled my account.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Nyke on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:09 pm

Well, there hasn't been any prevailing decision, and it doesn't look like we're getting much more opinions on which server, so I'm calling Spearheader's Rights, and calling it on Triumph.

Of course, the first toons will probably take a while to get up to level 10 to register, but that'll be fine.

Also, we need SG names. I'm thinking something CG-based for heroes and Doombee-based for villains.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Carlin on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:43 pm

I already have a level 5 hero on Triumph, but I foresee a long hard road to level 10. Teaming has been a complete crapshoot so far, and my options of forming a team have been worse. I saw a whopping one hero with his LFT flag up that was anywhere near my level range... About 95 heroes around level 1-10 in total. (I knew there was a reason I left that server... I've gone five levels and I'm already homesick)

Once we all get together I'm sure it'll be better, but no way in hell I'm joining a Hollows pick up group at this rate. I'll solo my way to level 10... (of course all PuG's are bad, but the few teams I've crossed paths with so far have been dismal failures before completing one bloody mission) Let me know when you plan on having everyone group up and I'll make it a point to be there.

As for SG names... I dunno.. The Heroes of ComicGen? There's a reason all my heroes are named Carlin Something! :P

I suck at names..

[edit] bah.. I'm just in a bad mood now because of a few super crappy teams. I'll head back in to see what I can see shortly.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?
Carlin
...or Crossfire

DOOMBEES

Postby Nyke on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:34 pm

The papers are in...
Attachments
Doombee Papers.PNG
Doombee Papers.PNG (541.67 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby ShineDog on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:04 am

as one of the doombees originators, i do not approve.
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.
ShineDog
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:05 am

We could always call ourselves the Cartoon Heroes provided it's not taken? ^_~

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nyke on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:22 am

/me ignores ShineDog
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Linkara on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:20 am

Started up a new hero on Triumph aptly titled "Linkara." ^^

Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nyke on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:28 pm

And the SG is made.
Attachments
CG SG.jpg
CG SG.jpg (51.79 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby CaptainClaude on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:42 pm

always with the name taking. take something interesting next time.
CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Policies

Postby Nyke on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:45 pm

I'm going to lay a few ground rules.

1. First of all, to get in, either
      /tell @Nyke,
    or E-mail the characters (McDuffies on Villain-side, or Nyke Young on Heroes-side). Also, all members have invite powers for their side, so if you know them, ask them.
  2. Up until the levels where Prestige cuts into Influence/Infamy, please be in SG mode as much as possible. I'd like you to do it up to 50, but that may be asking too much.
  3. My first target to get for bases are the small control/energy combo generators, then the workbenches and forges. Most of the time, I will create an empty room, and let the rest of the characters fill it with salvage creations. There'll probably be storage for spare salvage, but for the most part, I want heroes to use the salvage themselves. I may change the ranks, and promote people to "Architect" for assistance.
  4. I'd like to keep PL requests out of the SG channels, please.
  5. Remember the global ComicGenesis. If you haven't joined and have a Global Channel spot to spare,
      /chanjoin ComicGenesis
  6. Have fun.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Nyke on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:09 pm

Okay, anyone that wants into the CG Groups:

I plan to team with CGers during both times.

Anyone outside of CG can join, but they don't get promoted off the bat. However, after 5000 prestige and a week, they'll catch up.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Next

Return to Off Topic