Another newbs, but a french one! :D

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Ray77
Regular Poster
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: Quebec

Another newbs, but a french one! :D

Post by Ray77 »

Aye, hi everyone, another newbie for the forum!

Ok, let's start by the beginning, my name is Pierre, but you can name me Peter or Ray if you want and i'm 15.

I'm from a little city in the Province of Québec, Canada. Like you can see, my birth language is french :p.

I joined for three things:
1. Create my own webcomic
2. Being a member of a full filled artist forum
3. Training my english, because the englishs' classes *sock* and are just not enough when you spent 1 year and 2 mouths on a Mmorpg (Lineage II) learning english by yourself :p

Ok, from now i have nothing ready for draw my comics, the slot is not all writen and the characters designs are not done... so maybe near january 2007 i'll start...

i would like to say Thank you to Humbug (i wish i'm right, the artist who draw "Tales of Pylea", great work by the way!) who made me discovering by his website this great community :)
Image

User avatar
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock
Contact:

Post by Garneta »

Hi, and welcome!

(Here's a sandwich. Save it for when someone puts you in the box.)
Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
Plague
Regular Poster
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:27 pm
Location: In the darkest corner of your home

Post by Plague »

*Plague puts Ray in The Box

I can light your pants on fire too if you like. Welcome to Comic Genesis!

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Bonjour!

Post by Cope »

Image

Also, Humbug is female. Just so you know. :wink:
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Aw, you're only French Canadian...and I was ready to offload my French jokes...

But then again...if you're French Canadian, doesn't that mean you're related to Celine Dion?
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
TRI
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:28 pm
Contact:

Post by TRI »

Welcome, and don't mind Dutch, he's Australian. Which means he's related to Kylie Minogue.
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

I'm...spinning around...get out of my way...

Post by Cope »

OMG STFU.

. . . .

Ah well, at least you didn't mention Paul Hogan.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Re: I'm...spinning around...get out of my way...

Post by Joel Fagin »

Cope wrote:Ah well, at least you didn't mention Paul Hogan.
We wouldn't do that to you. We know how ashamed you are of your cousin.

You coming over for the big family barbecue this year, Cope?

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Crikey!

Post by Cope »

Only if I don't have to bring the <strike>prawns</strike>...I mean, the shrimp.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3243
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 am
Location: Starring in your latest sex dream.

Post by Jackhass »

Welcome...

...heh, and may I say what a stereotypical name you have.

I'm Canadian too, but from Manitoba, not Quebec.
Image

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!

User avatar
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4667
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: bat country
Contact:

Post by LibertyCabbage »

Hey there cool cat
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Heh...besides we Aussies and a few Brits, I doubt anyone else here has even heard of Kylie Minogue...unless they're fans of that God awful Street Fighter movie...

How is Paul going, Cope? Still kicking?
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Re: Crikey!

Post by Joel Fagin »

Cope wrote:Only if I don't have to bring the shrimp.
No, John Howard isn't invited.

...

Great. A joke only three people on the forum will get.

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

Parlez-vous francais?

Super! Bonjour Pierre, comment ca va?
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

Erendor
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:04 am

Post by Erendor »

Dutch! wrote:Heh...besides we Aussies and a few Brits, I doubt anyone else here has even heard of Kylie Minogue...unless they're fans of that God awful Street Fighter movie...
I'm Aussie, and though I've heard of her, the only movie I know she's in is the aforementioned 'Street Fighter movie'...because you just said so. :oops:

But then, I don't know many celebrities at all, save for ones friends force me to learn about (like Lano & Woodley! =O! I saw their second last show just last Friday at the Regent! Exclamation!).

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Lano and Woodley are great fun.

And it seems there's now four people on the forum who will get that joke, Joel!
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Berg
Regular Poster
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:36 pm
Location: Mora di!

Post by Berg »

Dutch! wrote:Heh...besides we Aussies and a few Brits, I doubt anyone else here has even heard of Kylie Minogue...u
I've heard of Kylie Minogue... unfortunately.

User avatar
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: in a defective ficional universe
Contact:

Post by Dracomax »

well, hello, welcome, and I've heard rumors that the other people in the box are getting set to make an escape attempt. You might want to get together with them.

anyway, Not understanding what is said will likely help you; so much nonsense goes on here that trying to comprehend it would be pointless anyway.
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown

User avatar
Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1981
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:35 am
Location: Finland, Finland, Finland
Contact:

Bienvenu!

Post by Prettydragoon »

Welcome, new person!
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!

User avatar
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)
Posts: 5085
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:55 am
Location: On the shoulder of a giant
Contact:

Post by Mo »

Image


Also...
Dutch! wrote:Heh...besides we Aussies and a few Brits, I doubt anyone else here has even heard of Kylie Minogue...u
Ha, I wish. :roll: I'm afraid she's well known in both Germany and Norway and probably elsewhere too.

Post Reply