Umlaut House Wiki

Umlaut House Wiki

Postby Doink on Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:07 am

I noticed a while back that there is no entry for Umlaut House in Wikipedia. Now, I realize that you could count the fanbase of Umlaut house on two hands, but making our presence known on Wikipedia might attract more fans. So if anyone is willing to make an entry, that'd be great.
Both a heart and a brain are necessary for survival. Without one, the other will quickly perish.

"I decline to accept the end of man [...] Man will not only endure, but prevail...." - William Faulkner

"I can say—not as a patriotic bromide, but with full knowledge of the necessary metaphysical, epistemological, ethical, political and aesthetic roots—that the United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world." - Ayn Rand
Doink
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:39 am

*the ringwolf stares expectantly at Doink*
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Allan_ecker on Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:47 am

The number of *forumites* may be countable on two hands, but from my last look at the webilizer I'd say I have at a lower bound something like a hundred regular readers.

The *upper* bound is like 800 or so.

"Fer ever' one ye see, they's at least ten y'don't."
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby The_Fox on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:31 am

This comes up now and then, so I'll say why I don't MAKE wikipedia articles, only read them. I'm not an expert. On anything. I could make a page I suppose, but most of it would be copy pasted from Allan's own page, with a few "debatable" theories attached at the bottom. The only in depth articles could be written either by the artist or with the UHCD by your side.

Still, now I'm tempted. Allan, do we have permission to copy paste some stuff from the characters page to make a UH-Wiki nexus?

- Jarylan, why do I open my muzzle?
"What the?! Where did you get THAT?!"
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:42 am

Ar-har-har-har-HUM.

I do not reserve any non-commercial rights to this material. I should perhaps make a note of it on the main page. As such, any and all readers of this material have my permission to modify and reuse as they see fit the material on my website, provided that they provide credit for the original work and don't make any money offa it.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Doink on Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:47 pm

Andrick wrote:*the ringwolf stares expectantly at Doink*

See something you like there, buddy? :P
Both a heart and a brain are necessary for survival. Without one, the other will quickly perish.

"I decline to accept the end of man [...] Man will not only endure, but prevail...." - William Faulkner

"I can say—not as a patriotic bromide, but with full knowledge of the necessary metaphysical, epistemological, ethical, political and aesthetic roots—that the United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world." - Ayn Rand
Doink
Regular Poster

Postby The_Fox on Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:01 pm

Okay, I'll see about starting it on Monday if I get some free time.

- Jarylan, volunteering for something and getting in over his head...like usual.
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Nyamaza on Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:28 am

Doink wrote:

I think Andrick was using an old standard of volunteer work.

If you think it's a good idea, and should be done, why aren't you the one doing it?
Rick/Jake Shipper #00082
Nyamaza/Volair Shipper #00001

Furry Code : FFL3cfmrs A C- D H+++ M+ P+++ R+ T++++ W Z Sm++ RLCT/ET a cln++++ d? e+$ f+ h++ iwf++ j+ p- sm+
Nyamaza
Regular Poster

Postby Doink on Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:27 am

Nyamaza wrote:I think Andrick was using an old standard of volunteer work.

If you think it's a good idea, and should be done, why aren't you the one doing it?

Sigh...

I don't know how.

Doink
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:48 am

Doink wrote:

You're wearing too much clothing for me to tell whether there is or isn't something I like. I'll have to swing by later when you've disrobed.

Now what's this balderdash about not knowing how to create an entry into Wikipedia? And to think those folks put a nice "Help" link onto every page served so people can learn, too, about making their own entries. Tsk! Tsk, I say! Tsk!
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby The_Fox on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:27 pm

CALL FOR HELP.

Okay...the basic page is up, and before I finish today, I'm going to try and get up the other characters that I know something about. I'm tempted to try for photos, but that's probably better done tommrow.

Do a search for Umlaut House, and you will find our page. It's also linked to from Furry Comics.

That being said, I have more work to do...and more the day after. If you have the ability to help, please do so.

Edit: Finished for today. It's not pretty yet, but it will be. All the major characters from both comics seem to represented. Please throw in your own 10 cents when you can.

- Jarylan
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Doink on Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:17 pm

Geez. When I tried to fill out an entry for Rick, I left all sorts of things out.

But now that I think of it, the entry there now left some things out too... :)

And Andrick? I was only kidding. I'm not quite ready for that yet

Doink
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:25 pm

Well color me flattered. When I update the cast page (dog only knows WHEN I'll manage to get around to that) I'll post a note on the forum so people can update things.

:D

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Return to Umlaut House