WEE - Webcomics en Espa

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

WEE - Webcomics en Espa

Postby ZiRta on Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:55 am

Last edited by ZiRta on Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZiRta
Regular Poster

Postby Coyotzin on Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:07 am

Je... recuerdo haber pensado en hacer mi webcomic en espa
Al-X Melchor
[url=http://nahast.comicgen.com]Image
Nahast: Lands of Strife[/url]
Nahast: Chronicles of the Fifth Age
Join the KeenQuest Dropdown!
Coyotzin
Regular Poster

Postby Nyke on Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:05 pm

And beans and disease to you too.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby ZiRta on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:13 am

Hey Coyotzin! Si haces la traducci
ZiRta
Regular Poster

Postby JexKerome on Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:14 am

I'm also considering translating mine, now that it's first anniversary is coming on. I'm going to poll the masses about it first, though.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tetsuo75 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:00 am

I thought of translating mine too... but translating 50+ comics in photoshop... no thanks.... prefiero comer lauchas... y mi castellano escrito esta tan malo ahora... :oops:
Tetsuo75
Regular Poster

Postby Coyotzin on Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:04 pm

That's why my layouts are done in Fireworks; it's very easy to replace the text.

Maybe we could do an english-writing-spanish-speakers dropdown :)

Si alguna vez decides traducir, puedo darte una mano; fui editor de revista y soy corrector de datos en mi identidad secreta :)
Al-X Melchor
[url=http://nahast.comicgen.com]Image
Nahast: Lands of Strife[/url]
Nahast: Chronicles of the Fifth Age
Join the KeenQuest Dropdown!
Coyotzin
Regular Poster

Postby JexKerome on Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:54 pm

Oh, I keep my "work files", just so I can edit them later; so of course changing the text is going to be a breeze. Rather what's stopping me is the method I'll use to enable both languages on the same site without much manual updating.

How did you do it, ziRta?
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tetsuo75 on Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:49 am

I wish I had thought of that, coyotizin... I guess I could use flash to the same effect... I would have some massive problems getting the jokes translated with my 12-year-old level chilean spanish... not good...

still, I should defenitively put it down in my "to-do" basket, it would be a hoot!
Tetsuo75
Regular Poster

oi george!

Postby ZiRta on Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:40 am

JexKerome wrote:Oh, I keep my "work files", just so I can edit them later; so of course changing the text is going to be a breeze. Rather what's stopping me is the method I'll use to enable both languages on the same site without much manual updating.

How did you do it, ziRta?

hmmm... that's what i first tried when i started hed/sd. i uploaded spanish pages on M-T, and english at Th-S... but it was a messy mix and finally I signed up for a second hp for the translation ;) That's the best thing you can do, honestly!

I'd happily volunteer for help in translating but currently i don't have much time (nor computer, sniff). I still have pending translations for my friend Phillo -- http://www.theshallowend.com
[url=http://fate.comicgenesis.com]Image
Spinning Destiny - a webcomic by ziRta[/url]
ZiRta
Regular Poster

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers