Looking for an a-hole cameo

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Looking for an a-hole cameo

Postby BOMC on Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:30 am

Hello, wondering if anyone had a character they could "lend" me for one strip. I have a joke I want to draw in comic form, but it requires a really mean character, and none of my characters are mean enough. So, I thought it'd be fun to do a cameo.
So, if any of you have a comic strip with a jerk in it (preferably male, but doesn't really matter) that they wouldn't mind me using in my comic, give me an e-mail (tariusj@hotmail.com).
You can check out my comic too, the address should be in my sig.
-Grace (BOMC)
BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:37 pm

Well, it sort of depends on what kind of jerk you want, right? 'Cause there's several types . . . do you want someone who actually comes right out and insults people directly, the kind who uses sarcasm to tear into folks, the type that uses subtle turns of phrase to give everything a double meaning (one of those meanings being something horribly cruel, of course), someone who isn't actually cruel . . . he's brutally honest, or . . . ?
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:38 pm

And does the Jerk have to be human? That's a consideration for some of us. :)
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby TimberWolf on Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:12 pm

Hmm, well, I have Cody the Alcholic Bunny, but he has yet to appear in my strip.
*Realizes he has less free time now that school is over.*
TimberWolf
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:42 pm

Nope. All my characters are practically angels. :P
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:15 am

yeah what McDuffies said. I got the nicest group of characters this side of the carebears.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby BOMC on Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:51 pm

Hmmmm.... type of jerk, type of jerk... I guess the kind you would find in high school; lazy and enjoys watching other peoples' misfortunes. Kind of the happy jerk, not the angsty, sarcastic jerk.

Human or not, well.... i think human would be better, but if nothing else comes up... :)
-Grace (BOMC)
BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:03 pm

phactorri wrote:yeah what McDuffies said. I got the nicest group of characters this side of the carebears.

NO! MINE ARE NICER!
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:05 pm

*lol @ Mcduffies* yeah its cause of that McDuffies special recipee in all the food.

Lazy... enjoys others misfortunes... actually that sounds like Monika, I'd not call her a jerk though, she's just based on a friend of mine in real life... and the character isn't actually human.. she's an alien that just is humanoid in shape.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby BOMC on Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:41 am

hmmm... let me rephrase my earlier preference..

looking like a human would be better...
-Grace (BOMC)
BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:24 pm

Unlike the paragons of virtue who have already spoken, :) some of my strip's characters are jerks and worse. Unfortunately, none of them really fit the rest of the criteria. Still, if you can't find anyone better, there's this guy:

http://mansionofe.keenspace.com/d/20030918.html

The Jerk is the devil, and he certainly is the cheerfully unpleasant sort. If you'd like to humanize him, remove the horns and tail and change the skin color, I wouldn't object. He may very well have the power to do this, if he ever wanted to.

And there's:

http://mansionofe.keenspace.com/d/20040229.html

She looks more human, but she's a girl, and she's not as big of a Jerk.

Hopefully someone will turn up for you...
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ladydarke on Mon May 03, 2004 7:49 pm

I have a character that seems to fit the bill, and my readers have definitely decided he's a selfish jerk (but of the cheerilyoblivious persuasion!)

His name is Benzion, he's sixteen, and part of a coven of teenage witches answering to an extremely powerful young magican called the Angel of Misery. (Benzion is also secretly sacrificing infants in order to gain dark power... but cheerily!) This is his most recent page, wherein his secret activities have just been revealed:

http://brokenglass.keenspace.com unless Keenspace actually lets me update, in which case it will be: http://brokenglass.keenspace.com/d/20040427.html

At any rate, you are quite welcome to borrow him.
Ladydarke
Regular Poster

Postby BOMC on Tue May 04, 2004 7:10 am

Sounds like your character might work, ladydarke. I will send you to comic I draw before I post it on my site, so you can approve the use of your character.

Thanks a lot!
-Grace (BOMC)
BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ladydarke on Tue May 04, 2004 2:41 pm

Yay! I won I won! (I never win. :P )

Looking forward to seeing it.
Ladydarke
Regular Poster

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers