Agreed.Digital War wrote:Transformers the Movie. I always feel so uplifted when Prime single handedly turns the tide against the Decepticon attack force, then feel sorrow at Primes death.
A masterpiece of its time.
Movies: What makes and impact with you?
- Evil Jamie!
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
- Location: Tasmania
I submit to you that I too concur.Evil Jamie! wrote:Agreed.Digital War wrote:Transformers the Movie. I always feel so uplifted when Prime single handedly turns the tide against the Decepticon attack force, then feel sorrow at Primes death.
A masterpiece of its time.
Ess to tha Vee
...
...
- Bright spark
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:19 am
- Location: Perth, Australia
- Contact:
In terms of music amazingly fitting a moment in a film, in Almost Famous, when they all sing "tiny Dancer". Man, I love that song.MissAlaina wrote:I loved the music in LotR and The Pianist. Music's definitely important in a movie.
Go on, check it out
http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.
http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.
- Rkolter
- Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

- Posts: 16399
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
- Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
- Contact:
Er...
The movies I like best are science fiction ones. Those are the ones I leave the theater saying "Wow, did you see that?! How cool was it when..." etcetera.
Movies that "touch" me? Bah. Men who cry are wusses. Now that I've said the generally required disclaimer, Shindler's List and Mr. Holland's Opus were the most touching movies I've ever watched. Shindler's list for the humanity of it; Mr. Holland's Opus because the music was part of the story, and the music was overpowering.
The movies I like best are science fiction ones. Those are the ones I leave the theater saying "Wow, did you see that?! How cool was it when..." etcetera.
Movies that "touch" me? Bah. Men who cry are wusses. Now that I've said the generally required disclaimer, Shindler's List and Mr. Holland's Opus were the most touching movies I've ever watched. Shindler's list for the humanity of it; Mr. Holland's Opus because the music was part of the story, and the music was overpowering.
- Chaos Cricket
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 931
- Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:35 am
- Location: State of Delusion
- Contact:
I don't cry at movies, though Return of the King had me choking back the tears a few times, I'll admit.
As for other movies that moved me...well, the Cowboy Bebop movie kinda does (the song at the end really gets me...rather like the song at the very end of the series, "Blue"). Chasing Amy, when Holden and Alyssa get to share a "moment" at the end of the flick.
Really, music more than movies tend to strike a chord with me. Don't get me wrong--I love movies, but music always has more power for me. There are about a dozen or two dozen songs that I can hear and always get a lump in my throat.
As for other movies that moved me...well, the Cowboy Bebop movie kinda does (the song at the end really gets me...rather like the song at the very end of the series, "Blue"). Chasing Amy, when Holden and Alyssa get to share a "moment" at the end of the flick.
Really, music more than movies tend to strike a chord with me. Don't get me wrong--I love movies, but music always has more power for me. There are about a dozen or two dozen songs that I can hear and always get a lump in my throat.
- Kensou X
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 398
- Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:41 pm
- Location: San Francisco (Monterey atm), CA
- Contact:
You know I'm really into movies and have quite an extensive collection and so I feel as if I should have something to say but I can't think of a movie that really touched me. Either that or I'm just really blanking something fierce. I need to spend a week or two just watching all my movies again when I get home.
The Fan: Action, Drama, Suspence...All at a comfortable room temperature. Yeah, it's still there. I'm as shocked as you are.

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.
- Cheebs
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:44 am
- Location: Somewhere out there...
- Contact:
"What Dreams May Come" turns me into an even bigger weepy sap than normal. Beautiful, beautiful movie... Saw it first on the Sci-Fi Channel, and knew I had to get it.
But of course, my favorite movie is "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Not all that moving, but fun. Daffy Duck and Donald Duck in one movie? YES. It also fit right in with my weird little girl-ness. Forget being a princess, I wanted to be a detective like Eddie Valiant, because private eyes kick ass. That, and you get the neat coat and hat.
But of course, my favorite movie is "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Not all that moving, but fun. Daffy Duck and Donald Duck in one movie? YES. It also fit right in with my weird little girl-ness. Forget being a princess, I wanted to be a detective like Eddie Valiant, because private eyes kick ass. That, and you get the neat coat and hat.
Constant Flux: A semi-serious tale about trying to kick Fate in the head. Updates Sundays.
- Rkolter
- Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

- Posts: 16399
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
- Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
- Contact:
I'd have expected that if you'd planned to eat her, she'd have died while being roasted alive over an open fire. Or maybe gutted while hogtied, or the skin peeled off her body like a banana. Eyes pecked out by buzzards while her feet were shaved and dipped in salt brine. Something like that.Digital War wrote:I shot bambi's mum!
She was very tasty too.
You just shot her? Wow, War must be getting unimaginitive.
I never said I shot to kill.rkolter wrote:I'd have expected that if you'd planned to eat her, she'd have died while being roasted alive over an open fire. Or maybe gutted while hogtied, or the skin peeled off her body like a banana. Eyes pecked out by buzzards while her feet were shaved and dipped in salt brine. Something like that.Digital War wrote:I shot bambi's mum!
She was very tasty too.
You just shot her? Wow, War must be getting unimaginitive.
- Rkolter
- Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

- Posts: 16399
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
- Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
- Contact:
Heh... you didn't, at that. Uhm, nevermind then. I'm just going to stand over here. Behind Warren. He's looking mighty plump and juicy today...Digital War wrote:I never said I shot to kill.rkolter wrote:I'd have expected that if you'd planned to eat her, she'd have died while being roasted alive over an open fire. Or maybe gutted while hogtied, or the skin peeled off her body like a banana. Eyes pecked out by buzzards while her feet were shaved and dipped in salt brine. Something like that.Digital War wrote:I shot bambi's mum!
She was very tasty too.
You just shot her? Wow, War must be getting unimaginitive.
If by "Fight Club" and "The Usual Suspects" you mean "Eraserhead", then yes, the ultimate mind-fuck movie.Mr.Bob wrote:HELLO??? THE USUAL SUSPECTS, ANYONE???!!!TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:Fight Club: The ultimate mind fuck movie
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Now Alive Again
Now Alive Again







