So sayeth our resident furry.PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Jiff is pronounced like yiff? I thought it had the "J" sound.War wrote:Jiff is supposed to be pronounced like yiff though.
Do you really want to talk about yiffs?
And there will be no talking about yiff here.
Survey: How do you pronounce the file extension .gif?
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Prettysenshi
- Bork Bork Bork
- Posts: 2269
- Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:23 am
- Location: Anywhere else but here....
- Contact:
- MariaAndMichelle
- Cartoon Henchgirls
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
- Location: Together
- Contact:
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
Heh, I'm not the one that brought it up though.rkolter wrote:So sayeth our resident furry.PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Jiff is pronounced like yiff? I thought it had the "J" sound.War wrote:Jiff is supposed to be pronounced like yiff though.
Do you really want to talk about yiffs?
And there will be no talking about yiff here.
rkolter: (I met Dave Hopkins, Mab, and Mat Sherer this past weekend)
Claude already mentioned Jif. It's not called Jif anymore, it's called Cif now. The reason for changing is because nobody pronounced it right. Jif should be pronounced yiff.PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Jiff is pronounced like yiff? I thought it had the "J" sound.War wrote:Jiff is supposed to be pronounced like yiff though.
Do you really want to talk about yiffs?
And there will be no talking about yiff here.
- Avatar007
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 469
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:39 am
- Location: Staring at the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Contact:
There are better filetypes for viewing porn though. Uh, not that I know about that or anything.Warren wrote:Like the "j" because of it's association with porn.
(Get a hard-on in a GIF-fy!)
...
Stop looking at me!
<a href="http://coldfeet.comicgenesis.com/">[img ... Banner.gif[/img]</a>
- CJBurgandy
- Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
- Posts: 6538
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Too Old for this Shit
- Contact:
I actually made a friend in thailand whoes name was Gif (like Gift without the T), but I was pronoucing it like that before I met her. I always go with the Hard sound on a new word..... but it appears that most spacers like it Hard.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
You pretty much have outlasted all the other dog-like furries, haven't you?PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Heh, I'm not the one that brought it up though.rkolter wrote:So sayeth our resident furry.PeppermintAfterlife wrote: Jiff is pronounced like yiff? I thought it had the "J" sound.
And there will be no talking about yiff here.
- PieceOfSkunk
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1350
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:42 pm
- Location: DFW TX USA
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
I was also told that like gif, gigabyte should be pronounce "jigabyte," Kinda like "1.21 Gigawatts" in Back to the Future. I also still have fun saying, GUI interface. Unless I'm pronounceing that wrong too.

Yeah, it seems so. I miss Luprand and Esoterik.Col wrote:You pretty much have outlasted all the other dog-like furries, haven't you?PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Heh, I'm not the one that brought it up though.rkolter wrote: So sayeth our resident furry.
- CJBurgandy
- Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
- Posts: 6538
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Too Old for this Shit
- Contact:
I miss them tooPeppermintAfterlife wrote:]Yeah, it seems so. I miss Luprand and Esoterik.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
- Sam_Charette
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 861
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:58 pm
- Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Yeah, but how do your pronounce that?War wrote:Claude already mentioned Jif. It's not called Jif anymore, it's called Cif now. The reason for changing is because nobody pronounced it right.PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Jiff is pronounced like yiff? I thought it had the "J" sound.War wrote:Jiff is supposed to be pronounced like yiff though.
Do you really want to talk about yiffs?
And there will be no talking about yiff here.
Sif or Kif?
*turns hose on MrBob*Mr.Bob wrote:Yeah, but how do your pronounce that?War wrote:Claude already mentioned Jif. It's not called Jif anymore, it's called Cif now. The reason for changing is because nobody pronounced it right.PeppermintAfterlife wrote: Jiff is pronounced like yiff? I thought it had the "J" sound.
And there will be no talking about yiff here.
Sif or Kif?
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
- Mercury Hat
- Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

- Posts: 5608
- Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
- Location: Hello city.
- Contact:















