Chatterbox

The Gear is deprecated, use the Help forum or CG Wiki.

Chatterbox

Postby Eric Theriault on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:09 pm

I just added a chatterbox to my webcomic. Hoping to somehow stimulate some activity...
My only problem is that it seem that the code is messing the page: if I put the chatterbox in the middle of the page, everything below it wont appear. So for now the only choice is to put it at the bottom.

Anyone know anything about it? Is it related to the Keenspace code? Or is it something about the chatterbox code?

Thanks.
Eric Theriault
Regular Poster

Postby Plothole on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:25 pm

<!--NOEDIT--> <!-- Flooble chatterbox for veenawebcomic start -->
<script language="javascript"> var chatterbox = 'no'; </script>
<script language="javascript" src="http://chatter.flooble.com/chatter.php?js=true&id=veenawebcomic&sid=3247134">
</script><noscript>

Here's the problem: You have a <noscript> but no closing </noscript> tag (You probably missed a line or two when copying the code.). As a result, everything after this point can only be viewed while javascript is disabled.

To fix this, just remove <noscript> (or try and recopy & paste the entire code)

PS For future reference, gear is really for handing out tips & tricks, etc. The help forum would have been more appropriate place to put this.
Plothole
Cartoon Hero

Postby Eric Theriault on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:53 pm

Thank you for the quick reply!
I'm a no talent when it comes to HTML...:D
I put it in this section because I thought it had something to do with the keenspace type of codes. I'll be more careful.
Eric Theriault
Regular Poster

Return to Gear