Moderately funny thing 30cm above knees

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Moderately funny thing 30cm above knees

Post by McDuffies »

Have you ever thought about pointy hair? I have. I believe that drawing pointy hair is a lame excuse for artists who can't get to draw a decent non-pointy hair.
I mean, how can something that started off in dragonball be good? And then, all fans of Dragonball blindly followed it, and other people jumped onto the bandwagon without even knowing what it is about, and suddenly you have a full web of comics with pointy hair. Suddenly, it's a shame not having pointy hair. Suddenly, people discuss whether this or that artist draws good pointy hair from profile. I mean, just look at this. No anome, yet, there is pointy hair. What's the purpose of it?
To hell with all Gokuy lovers! :evil:
Last edited by McDuffies on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

:(
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dotty »

I think you should go to hell.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

Pillywiggin
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Pillywiggin »

*doesn't draw pointy hair*

:wink:
Last edited by Pillywiggin on Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image

Mimo
Regular Poster

Post by Mimo »

what are you talking about?

The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude

Post by The Neko »

Hey, fuck you! Pointy hair isn't some stupid anime thing. If you look at american comic book styles, you'll see all sorts of pointy hair. Modern Japanese manga was started from american art schools!
Don't give me this pointy hair is anime bullshit.
At least I have solid, non amorphous figures that are consistent as opposed to, you know.
jag saknar självförtroende

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

TdotOdot2k wrote:I think you should go to hell.
I thought you would say something so shallow as that.

Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dotty »

mcDuffies wrote:
TdotOdot2k wrote:I think you should go to hell.
I thought you would say something so shallow as that.
Oh, go draw some stupid ass stick figure and call it an update. You don't want to tangle with me.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

The Neko wrote:Hey, fuck you! Pointy hair isn't some stupid anime thing. If you look at american comic book styles, you'll see all sorts of pointy hair. Modern Japanese manga was started from american art schools!
At least I have solid, non amorphous figures that are consistent as opposed to, you know.
Well, sure, when you copy/paste them.

Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Post by Mercury Hat »

Mommy and daddy are fighting again Image
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Post by Dr Legostar »

Frankly, you're all pretty inconsistant in your character designs....
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

The Neko

Post by The Neko »

mcDuffies wrote:
The Neko wrote:Hey, fuck you! Pointy hair isn't some stupid anime thing. If you look at american comic book styles, you'll see all sorts of pointy hair. Modern Japanese manga was started from american art schools!
I don't copy and paste! What the hell! At least I take the time to color my work and letter it! Maybe if you didn't spend so much time postwhoring, you could too.

Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Post by Dotty »

legostargalactica wrote:Frankly, you're all pretty inconsistant in your character designs....
Says the "grown-up" who takes pictures of lego. How old are you? 29?
Last edited by Dotty on Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mimo
Regular Poster

Post by Mimo »

Leko
Cartoon Hero

Post by Leko »

Does it really matter all that much? I honestly don't think it does. It's just HAIR, dudes.

Actually I think hair is pretty important. It's the main tool I use to differentiate between my characters. Tito's got pointy hair, but that's just cause it's naturally spiky. Hair does that. It obeys the laws of physics!

Seth has pointy hair as well, I suppose... depends on how you define pointy. But Kay's got curly hair, and Gabe's is wavy. Gwyn has straight hair and bangs. *shrug*

Just out of curiosity, can I ask what prompted this sudden outburst, McDuffies?
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

The Neko wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:
I don't copy and paste! What the hell! At least I take the time to color my work and letter it! Maybe if you didn't spend so much time postwhoring, you could too.
What does it have to do with pointy hair? If you can't figure out anything on topic to say, don't attack me in the first place!

The Neko

Post by The Neko »

mcDuffies wrote: What does it have to do with pointy hair? If you can't figure out anything on topic to say, don't attack me in the first place!
You make a topic and single me out! What in the heck were you expecting? I wasn't going to just sit there and take crap from you.

TheBladeRoden2
Regular Poster

Post by TheBladeRoden2 »

mimo wrote:Image
^ I want that girl's number
"i just want to get back to life, but for that i just need to get dead" -boby
JR Productions Risen: The Forum

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

The Neko wrote:
mcDuffies wrote: What does it have to do with pointy hair? If you can't figure out anything on topic to say, don't attack me in the first place!
You make a topic and single me out! What in the heck were you expecting? I wasn't going to just sit there and take crap from you.
I just wanted to point out an example of how non-manga artists draw pointy hair. I didn't say your comic is bad, I was just saying that it's stupid that you draw pointy hair.

Mimo
Regular Poster

Post by Mimo »

She's lovely isn't she :D

I used her to illustrate that hair can be pointy in real life