Official Info: The Second Annual St. Louis Comic Cookout!

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Rkolter on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:34 am

Jim - Cool. I can't much eat pizza anymore due to my sudden lack of a Gallbladder anyhow, but if I didn't say pizza, someone would have at some point. :)

Faub - Most excellent on both counts.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Vorticus on Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:41 pm

rkolter wrote:
faub wrote:If we show up on friday what would be the best time? I (probably) have people I can stay with if necessary but I probably won't be leaving until after 6p.

How many people do you have staying with you and what are the odds that I could be one of them? Last time we stayed up late playing CoC and everyone I know goes to bed before midnight.

We have room for many, and you can be one of them. If you plan to come and stay over Friday night, the rules:

1) Let us know either in this thread, or over the phone, as soon as you're sure that's what you're doing.

2) I'm not cooking out for you Friday. Bring food, or come eat out with us, or pitch in for pizzas and such. :)

Probably best to come BEFORE 11am, or AFTER 5pm. 'Cause between then, we may be at the Zoo.

::EDIT:: and After 9am... I mean jeez. I'm paying for this by taking vacation time. I wanna sleep in a little! :P

Is the after 9 am a good time for showing up on Saturday as well? I need to know because I'm a morning person and it annoys people when I show up too early.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Rkolter on Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:28 pm

Vorticus wrote:Is the after 9 am a good time for showing up on Saturday as well? I need to know because I'm a morning person and it annoys people when I show up too early.

Well, the party starts at noon Saturday. So yeah, anytime after 9am is fine. :)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Orion on Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:38 pm

well, I just recieved some unfortunate news from Chill... :(

looks like I will be tasered alone. Fortunately I can make it since I should be able to bribe a friend into transporting me, so I guess you should add "and a friend." there is an outside possibility that there might be two friends but I'm not counting on it.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:35 am

Just gotta start shoving everything into the car and then we'll be heading out.

*falls over and goes back to sleep*
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:22 am

orion wrote:well, I just recieved some unfortunate news from Chill... :(

looks like I will be tasered alone. Fortunately I can make it since I should be able to bribe a friend into transporting me, so I guess you should add "and a friend." there is an outside possibility that there might be two friends but I'm not counting on it.

Am I to read this as 'Chill Clan can't make it' ??

I'd bang my head into a wall, but ... *sigh*
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby [AlmightyPyro] on Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:14 am

I really want to go... *cries*
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Orion on Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:45 pm

rkolter wrote:
orion wrote:well, I just recieved some unfortunate news from Chill... :(

Am I to read this as 'Chill Clan can't make it' ??

I'd bang my head into a wall, but ... *sigh*

Said his car has died on him.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Faub on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:14 pm

awwww :cry:

We will be leaving out of here after 6:30 so that will put us in STL shortly before 9:00 depending on whether we stop for gas or drink or whatever.
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Fading Aura on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:50 pm

faub wrote:We will be leaving out of here after 6:30 so that will put us in STL shortly before 9:00 depending on whether we stop for gas or drink or whatever.

The quiche is taking a little longer than I thought (i.e. I waited until the last minute), but we should still make it by 9. ;)
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown; the dream is gone. And I have become comfortably numb.
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Postby Rkolter on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:55 pm

At least it was just his car - I was worried about Chill. That sucks, but it's not like he got into a wreck or needs a new liver or something.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Jim North on Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:09 pm

Haha! Posting from Sir Kolter's!

So . . . how exactly did Chill's car die? Ran out of gas? Electrical short? Exploded?
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:52 pm

Jim North wrote:Haha! Posting from Sir Kolter's!

So . . . how exactly did Chill's car die? Ran out of gas? Electrical short? Exploded?

Get off my damn computer your Faubite hoarder. :evil:

:wink:
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Jim North on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:23 am

*wins all the faubites*

*destroys all but a few to artifically inflate their value*

*profit*

*????*
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nyke on Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:50 pm

/me dances from the cookout.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rkolter on Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:27 pm

...and the melon is DEAD.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Spriteville, USA on Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:32 pm

I TOTALLY called you guys! Oh man!

Sorry if I was awkward, my cell phone sucks and I had a hard time hearing. It was nice talking to you all though =] Hopefully I'll actually be able to meet you all next year =]
Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:59 am

Spriteville, USA wrote:I TOTALLY called you guys! Oh man!

Sorry if I was awkward, my cell phone sucks and I had a hard time hearing. It was nice talking to you all though =] Hopefully I'll actually be able to meet you all next year =]

There is no hopefully. You must come. It is LAW.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Orion on Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:46 am

And I won the Taser-Off

....by default

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:30 pm

Well the cookout is over.

The day before, we went to the zoo and then played cards with a deck of Keenspace Cards (everyone won some faubites).

The day of, we watched anime, tasered Orion, blew up a watermelon, watched the DVD of last year's party - kudos to Fading Aura, and played a very cool game of Shadowrun. And we ate a lot of food - 40 hotdogs, 21 hamburgers, 16 ears of corn, and various and assundry other food items brought by others (including the Quiche of Luuuvvvv...)

Drew lots of stuff too - look to Faub for the posting.

The following day we burned CDs of the video and images for all, and spent hours at an IHOP. Then we came back and spent hours watching Orion's friend staple people to the sky and bounce them around on bunge cords.

It was lots of fun. Glad everyone didn't show though - we pretty hit the max load on my living room. Next year, we'll move furniture around to make much more room. :)

Those who showed: Jim North and Kat (his wife), Fading Aura, Faub, Orion and his friend, Vorticus, Darkmagician and his mother, and Steven Henderson-Grady.

Everyone was a lot of fun, and Orion was an especially good sport, because I teased him mercillessly with the taser, pointy sticks, and other various painful things.

See you next year!
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

PreviousNext

Return to Archives