Keen Cruise - Yet another Keen Jam

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Postby Mercury Hat on Mon May 09, 2005 6:50 pm

Risky wrote:
As far as your A point goes, so what? The biggest point of War's forum character is to go on as many killing sprees as possible.
How sad... I heard his biggest point was further south.
:roll: War likes it when I say stuff like that, from you it's just creepy.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Risky on Mon May 09, 2005 7:01 pm

Chuck: I don't think that fact was very well advertised to the characters. To the artists, sure, but that's not always the same thing or you'd be hurtin right now.
Merc: Sorry. Quite untoward of me. It's me, so it'll happen occassionally, but if it creeped you out, I'll at least apologize and be more mindful of my actions.
Last edited by Risky on Mon May 09, 2005 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Soap Committee on Mon May 09, 2005 7:12 pm

I think we should allll start making innappropriate and highly personal comments about eachother, even if we're not beyond acquaintanceship!
Soap Committee
Regular Poster

Postby Mercury Hat on Mon May 09, 2005 7:15 pm

Soap Committee wrote:I think we should allll start making innappropriate and highly personal comments about eachother, even if we're not beyond acquaintanceship!

Indeed, I do so love it when people so far removed from in-jokes attempt to use them anyway.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Phact0rri on Mon May 09, 2005 7:34 pm

Soap Committee wrote:I think we should allll start making innappropriate and highly personal comments about eachother, even if we're not beyond acquaintanceship!

would totally say something about soap but can't think of anything inappropriate... drat!
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Steverules on Mon May 09, 2005 7:34 pm

charlesbrubaker wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:No, why lock. I don't see any flamewar around here.
Bottom line, if Charles wants to rule out all destructive comics and keep on as he intended, I'll split the thread.

Naw. Somebody just end it, destroy the whole cruise ship, and kill everyone in it (except War, since that was a big mistake). I don't care anymore. and I'm never starting a Jam again (like anyone cares :P )

First, it is quite an honor to lure in and be killed by War. And not only once but multiple times. Feel good about that.
Second, this jam has been pretty entertaining.
Third, jams never go the way you intend them to go.
Fourth, with all the other jams going on right now yours just happened to catch the backlash.
And fifth, this jam has been pretty damn entertaining. (I know I said that but it was worth repeating.)
Don't get discouraged and don't let this be your last jam. It's all in fun.
Steverules
Cartoon Hero

Postby Leko on Mon May 09, 2005 7:38 pm

Why bother arguing over whether the jam should end or not? You've already killed it by nitpicking for the past four pages. :roll:

Honestly, so your character gets killed. Whoopteedoo. That just means somebody acknowledges your existence, even if it's for the sole purpose of ending it, hehe. This was turning out to be a fun jam but it looks pretty done now after all this discussion of "rules". Not all jams have to have continuity or a plot or even any sense at all, you know.
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!
Leko
Cartoon Hero

Postby [AlmightyPyro] on Mon May 09, 2005 7:43 pm

*looks around the room at the high tensions and hate floating around.*

*cries*

Where are all the Grown-ups?!
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dotty on Mon May 09, 2005 7:49 pm

Leko wrote:Why bother arguing over whether the jam should end or not? You've already killed it by nitpicking for the past four pages. :roll:

Honestly, so your character gets killed. Whoopteedoo. That just means somebody acknowledges your existence, even if it's for the sole purpose of ending it, hehe. This was turning out to be a fun jam but it looks pretty done now after all this discussion of "rules". Not all jams have to have continuity or a plot or even any sense at all, you know.

Not to sound like I'm disagreeing, cause I'm not....I completely understand the random senseless violence-direction this thread has taken.

Try and see it from his side though. He created an idea, the idea being similar to the bikeeni, red carpet walk, and other such events we do. A cruise for our characters. It was a good idea, and I was willing to take part...the only part I couldn't decide how to script was the ticket holding part.

Bikeeni was about all of us drawing characters in bikinis. The red carpet walk is all about our characters going to some award show of sorts. There was a keenspace prom, if memory serves me correctly. The idea Charles here had, goes along with these ideas.

I think the part that made it go awry would be the inclusion of the word "jam". I think this more of an event, than a jam. A jam is something where we all make random strips of random happenings....and it just so happens those random happenings were the constant slaughter of the one character bent on making the ruling about ticket holding. Trust me, this jam is special, and a learning experience.

I'm not one to kill cats, as I own three...so I'd probably have a hard time thinking of a funny way to kill one, but I totally think anyone slaughtering the cat was in the right. It's a jam. That's what happens. It's random stuff.

I guess there is a rule about killing War; it just doesn't happen. Kinda like Batman, minus a few times where he got beat down hard...he still came back and kicked ass. Going god-mode and shooting War is just not a good way to fix things. Maybe have the cat leave the ship while the pirate monkeys take it over in search of booty to plot revenge against the spacers or something. Dunno.

I totally see both sides of this little dilemma. Maybe reschedule this idea for later in the year, have it dubbed a yearly event, and call it "KeenCruise2005" ?
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Leko on Mon May 09, 2005 7:53 pm

Yes, sounds good, but that doesn't mean we can't continue with THIS little piece of work.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I want to see War kill some more stuff. :D
Image Image Image
Leko
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dotty on Mon May 09, 2005 7:55 pm

Leko wrote:Yes, sounds good, but that doesn't mean we can't continue with THIS little piece of work.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I want to see War kill some more stuff. :D

I totally agree with that as well. This jam has created a life of its own....by snuffing out life. :E
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mr.Bob on Mon May 09, 2005 7:57 pm

And with all that said,
Mr.Bob
:(
:(

Postby Steverules on Mon May 09, 2005 8:00 pm

Damn, if War and Mr. Bob were to get together and mate their kid would be the fuckin' antichrist of art. You both kick ass. Funny as hell, Mr. Bob.
Steverules
Cartoon Hero

Postby Risky on Mon May 09, 2005 8:03 pm

Yay! It's not dead!

Well, he might be. But another comic is a good sign of life. :)
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Leko on Mon May 09, 2005 8:10 pm

hehehe. Yaaa---argh! :lol:
Image Image Image
Leko
Cartoon Hero

Postby Charlesbrubaker on Mon May 09, 2005 8:23 pm

Okay, Bob. I actually laughed at that...I stopped giving him extra life, so he should be dead by now.
Charlesbrubaker
Regular Poster

Postby CJBurgandy on Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 pm

bob... you are so my first choice as sperm donor if the need ever arises.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby McDuffies on Mon May 09, 2005 8:25 pm

Bob, that was the best yet. And I am EXTREEEME!

Um... would that be more different than exchanging intimate comments in chatroom in fromt of people of whom some of them are also not beyong acquitanceship?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Risky on Mon May 09, 2005 8:28 pm

bob... you are so my first choice as sperm donor if the need ever arises.

That would be awesome. Imagine the kid's comics... it'd be like... awesome with breasts. Yay!
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby [AlmightyPyro] on Mon May 09, 2005 8:43 pm

OMG!!! I love it, BOB! pure genius!

Charles wrote:Okay, Bob. I actually laughed at that...I stopped giving him extra life, so he should be dead by now.

Nope! you still have 11 lives!I'm counting! You could still get free! GO! Go and be free!.. or atleast try to be!

But seriously, please don't be offended by all of this. You have givven us a great Jam to unwind on! We needed something like this to get the creative juices (or blood) flowing again! after you stay here a while, you realize that in making fun/killing/harming/kicking in the nuts/laughing at you, It's all guided by the love that surrounds these threads! KeenSpace is then nicest and best forum on the net! Alot better than Spot too! :P
All I'm trying to say is, I have alot of respect for you right now. no one has ever REALLY killed me in a jam before! I even started a thread once where the point WAS to kill me... no one did.
But you have been, in fact, I'm sure this is a record some how! I only wish I was as luck.. or un lucky, as you are right now!

*gives hugs around the room*
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic