Official Info: The Second Annual St. Louis Comic Cookout!

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.
Post Reply
User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

The cookout website has been updated!

Updated:

1) Added Brockway (14 now coming with up to 5 additional).
2) Changed name of airport - while the directions on how to get hotels was accurate (gave the right airport code), I called the nearby airport Spirit of St. Louis. It's Lambert International.
3) Removed Exploding melon from events list.

Hey, it's only 2.5 months now until the cookout! If you know what you might be bringing for food, please post to this thread or PM me so that I can update the cookout website and know what to expect. :)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Ok, stuff changed again... I apparently ship out the 22nd (next week o_0) I'm pretty sure I'll be out before the cookout, though I'm not exactly sure what will be going on then now...
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

Brockway you tease! :-?

User avatar
The Chill Clan
Regular Poster
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:36 pm
Location: You know that feeling when someone is watch you? Yeah that's me..
Contact:

Post by The Chill Clan »

So has it been said so shall it be! *Bump*
Image

"Less talk, more Violence!"

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

-_-
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Post by Jim North »

Did I mention that I've already got the days marked off at work so I can come up? In fact, I marked a day early off, 'cause Kat wants to go to the zoo on that Friday. Also, I'm getting a raise at work (yay) and Kat's about to go back to work again (yay), so our monetary situation is going to be even more better. We're going to make it there this time, dammit!
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Jim North wrote:Did I mention that I've already got the days marked off at work so I can come up? In fact, I marked a day early off, 'cause Kat wants to go to the zoo on that Friday. Also, I'm getting a raise at work (yay) and Kat's about to go back to work again (yay), so our monetary situation is going to be even more better. We're going to make it there this time, dammit!
YAYZ!

And a BUMP!
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I need to update the cookout site info, but here's a bump with some stuff...

1) PM ME OR POST HERE WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING FOOD-WISE. Seriously, do it or I'll beat you with a wet noodle.

2) Although the exploding melon is off for now, I may have an alternative - I'm creating a surface to air missile... Well, not actually. It's a model rocket out of balsa wood that uses seven "C" class engines and is expected to explode five or six seconds after launching, releasing a huge burst of glitter and stuff.

The problem is, if I've calculated correctly, five or six seconds is enough time for the rocket to get over a kilometer into the sky, and thus in the way of air traffic control. And the glitter might show up on their radar. But, I'll blow up that hurdle when we come to it.


Anyway, get me your info on what you want to bring to the cookout food-wise.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Post by Jim North »

Delicious, calorie-free air.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Fading Aura
Regular Poster
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:54 pm

Quiche!

Post by Fading Aura »

rkolter wrote: PM ME OR POST HERE WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING FOOD-WISE. Seriously, do it or I'll beat you with a wet noodle.
Ack! Not the noodle! :o

I'm bringing spinach and ham quiche (two if I have enough ingredients left over). If no one likes quiche, I can always make cake.
Here we stand, here we fall; history don't care at all. Make the bed, light the light; Lady Mercy won't be home tonight.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I like quiche. :o
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Fading Aura
Regular Poster
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:54 pm

One month left . . .

Post by Fading Aura »

With only a month left until the Comic Cookout, I thought I should give this thread a *bump*. 8)

rkolter, are there any new developments since the last update?
Here we stand, here we fall; history don't care at all. Make the bed, light the light; Lady Mercy won't be home tonight.

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

Indeed:

For now I am going to be bring desert things: cookies, muffins, etc. to make us all unhealthy and diabetic.



Also If we're thinking of doing a game we should figure out who's running it.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I'll be doing an update to the page on monday. Really, until about now, there just wasn't much more to add. No great rush for new visitors and the like.

Beth and I bought a new couch that seats eight to ten comfortably. I have to season the grill. I'm speaking to a local butcher and may get a discount on the meat. Er... not a lot else just yet. :)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

If you need meat, I have 3 pounds of hamburger, 2 roasts and a steak in the freezer that I probably won't eat before then.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Faub, you're so thin, you gotta put some meat on those bones! Don't give food away so easy! :P

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

faub wrote:If you need meat, I have 3 pounds of hamburger, 2 roasts and a steak in the freezer that I probably won't eat before then.
Bring it on! I'm sure I can handle your meat.

... uhm... I mean eat your meat.

er... :oops: you know what I mean.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Fading Aura
Regular Poster
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:54 pm

Meat Perversion

Post by Fading Aura »

I wouldn't worry about it, rkolter. I don't think there's a way to say it without someone somewhere perverting its meaning. ;)
Here we stand, here we fall; history don't care at all. Make the bed, light the light; Lady Mercy won't be home tonight.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Yeah, we know what you mean. We know exactly what you mean. (and we want photographs)

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

I suppose I should have expected that.[/img]

Post Reply