Follow-Up
- Driving Without Pants
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 579
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
- Location: French Indochina
- Contact:
Follow-Up
A few months back (as I announced in this thread) I tried out to be the editorial cartoonist for The State News at Michigan State University. And...
...I made it! What's more, they said I blew the competition away. I'm ecstatic. Thanks for the kind words a few months ago.
I'll be starting in mid-May, doing 3 panels a week, which will be bumped up to 5 in the fall. I get paid $25 for each panel. Hopefully this won't affect my Sidwood schedule; I'll probably end up doing it weekly or something, which is better than my current average anyway.
In summation: wooo!!!
...I made it! What's more, they said I blew the competition away. I'm ecstatic. Thanks for the kind words a few months ago.
I'll be starting in mid-May, doing 3 panels a week, which will be bumped up to 5 in the fall. I get paid $25 for each panel. Hopefully this won't affect my Sidwood schedule; I'll probably end up doing it weekly or something, which is better than my current average anyway.
In summation: wooo!!!
- TheSuburbanLetdown
- Destroyer of Property Value
- Posts: 12714
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
- Location: explod
- Kirb
- A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 am
- Location: I'll wrestle you for him.
- Contact:
Actually, Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "woot".Smight wrote: (woot is like a train whistle...chuggah chuggah chuggah woot woot chuggah chuggah)
"woot" was originally an expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.
And stuff. Yeah.
Anyway, DWP, congrats!


*^*^*^*^* http://spacejunkarlia.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Comic
*^*^*^*^* http://deadgeargame.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Game
Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."
- LibertyCabbage
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4667
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 pm
- Location: bat country
- Contact:
- [AlmightyPyro]
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 5339
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: noitacoL
...Kirb wrote:Actually, Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "woot".Smight wrote: (woot is like a train whistle...chuggah chuggah chuggah woot woot chuggah chuggah)
"woot" was originally an expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.
And stuff. Yeah.
W00t!
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
- Tim
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:42 pm
- Location: State of WA, formerly MA
- Contact:
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!
Congrats to ya! Now update your comi-oh wait you did.
I always thought woot was "We owned the other team". This is why I never use these abbreviations... To much backstory to these words. I just want to frag someone, not give them a history lesson.
I always thought woot was "We owned the other team". This is why I never use these abbreviations... To much backstory to these words. I just want to frag someone, not give them a history lesson.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?
- Prettydragoon
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:35 am
- Location: Finland, Finland, Finland
- Contact:
W00t! Gratz! Well done!
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!
- Corgan_dane
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1899
- Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:12 pm
- Contact:















