Googlemaps + Flickr = teh cool.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
Googlemaps + Flickr = teh cool.
I saw someone used the satellite feature of GoogleMaps to save his old stomping grounds, and then uploaded it to Flickr to annotate points of interest.
I couldn't fit all of my points of interest down into my old neighborhood, but here is my hometown of Baton Rouge, Louisiana:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42573799@N00/8635861/
I thought this was kind of interesting.
(Edit)
Here is a closer one of my neighborhood:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42573799@N00/8637651/
I couldn't fit all of my points of interest down into my old neighborhood, but here is my hometown of Baton Rouge, Louisiana:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42573799@N00/8635861/
I thought this was kind of interesting.
(Edit)
Here is a closer one of my neighborhood:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42573799@N00/8637651/
Last edited by JPSloan on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.
- Pimpette
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
- Location: Comi-what now?
- Contact:
Boo, my area doesn't get enough notice to be seen in any amount of detail. I found the collection of streets that make up my general neighbourhood, but couldn't get very close before google announced that "We're sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region. Try zooming out for a broader look."
Bah.
I did find this interesting image of the CN Tower though.

Took me a while to actually see it..
Bah.
I did find this interesting image of the CN Tower though.

Took me a while to actually see it..
Y'might have better luck with terraserver then.
My old high school. I've been on that roof. And thrown things off that roof.
And part of my university's campus. The round thing is Drumheller Fountain, and at the top center you can see part of Red Square (Which actually looks red if you go there and look at it. =p).
And part of my university's campus. The round thing is Drumheller Fountain, and at the top center you can see part of Red Square (Which actually looks red if you go there and look at it. =p).
- Pimpette
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4147
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
- Location: Comi-what now?
- Contact:
It appears to be only US-oriented..War wrote:Y'might have better luck with terraserver then.
...unless I'm missing something, which happens often. =/
- Kirb
- A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 am
- Location: I'll wrestle you for him.
- Contact:
I feel vaguely unconfortable that satellites can see clearly into my backyard.


*^*^*^*^* http://spacejunkarlia.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Comic
*^*^*^*^* http://deadgeargame.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Game
Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."
- Pillywiggin
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 1369
- Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:05 am
The really good ones can read the time on your watch...
My city, and my house. This thing is cool! Although the pics are kinda old. Because where a tree is in that pic now there is a patch of dirt. And a new tree off to the left. And that field on the far left has been thoroughly developed now... Sheesh, Lowel street goes right through that place now. When was this pic taken?
My city, and my house. This thing is cool! Although the pics are kinda old. Because where a tree is in that pic now there is a patch of dirt. And a new tree off to the left. And that field on the far left has been thoroughly developed now... Sheesh, Lowel street goes right through that place now. When was this pic taken?
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?
- Joel Fagin
- nothos adrisor (GTC)
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
- Location: City of Lights
- Contact:

My house, courtesy of the Department of Land Administration website. It's a great website to show internet beginners (whom I occassionally get to teach). Of course, I usually focus in on the college where I do the teaching and let them find their own houses after that.
It was also one of the first to provide such a service and it really freaked people out when I posted these satelitte pictures on forums back when they were unique.
- Joel Fagin
- Driving Without Pants
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 579
- Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
- Location: French Indochina
- Contact:
- Grabmygoblin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4062
- Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm
haha you lived in the burbsDriving Without Pants wrote:Whoa, this is fun.
All locations are labeled as we referred to them when I was a kid.
- Nyke
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 4704
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
- Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
- Contact:
Dang, this map thing is outdated.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
- Jim North
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 6659
- Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
- Location: The Omnipresent Here
- Contact:
Yah, noticed that. In my picture, there should be some more houses in the bottom left hand corner and a bunch of construction work towards the top where they're putting in a new road.DarkMagician wrote:Dang, this map thing is outdated.
Still, I've been living at these apartments for a few years now, so there's still the possibility that one or two of those little cars is mine and/or Kat's.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
- LAGtheNoggin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: the sea side
- Contact:





