Welcome to the year 1950

Welcome to Alaska, leave your stereotypes at the door and read the "breast" comic around!

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:25 pm

ok I think we need to get this ball a rolling a little more. Honor had listed what fields we need people to cover above. Anyone willing to volenteer is great.

We also need to decide a name for it. Due to the mass invites Gmail has given it's clients, once we decide on a name, I can easily set up a g-mail account for the base e-mail. I'll probably share the e-mail password with Honor, seeing how she's going to be one the major people who help me pull this off.

I was also thinking of maybe making an LJ community, we could use it to keep everyone up to date and on track with everyone else.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Goddessmisca on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:03 pm

I'll be willing to help research and maybe write if need be.
"You know those things called "gamer girls" yes we exist, and I am one of them. If you could kindly stop worrying about your erection and pick up that controller so I can whip your ass I'd appreciate it."
naked pictures of Misca are going to be the new world currency when the tentacles take over. ~Squiddy
*suddenly wants a miscashake* ;) ~aeridus
Goddessmisca
Cartoon Hero

Postby Irish Witch on Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:48 pm

I would volunteer if it weren't for the fact that shops/libraries and my own libido tend to be all closed by the time I get away from work...

So no promises!
Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Postby Honor on Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:09 pm

Urm... To answer the "What happened to Honor?" question...

Honestly, as stupid or pathetic as it might sound, I just don't think in terms of anyone liking me enough to miss me if I'm not around.

Anyway... Here's where I've been. Y'all remember I was looking at going and driving a truck for a while to save money for school, or maybe do online school? Well, I wasn't getting what I considered to be very good answers from online schools as to whether any of them would be considered a "real" college or university when I apply to law school... So I'd figured it'd probably be a matter of driving and saving money to go to school later... Which, I figured, would mean at least 12-14 years between me and a law degree.

In addition, my housemate decided to go back to a job that has her traveling all the time, and she needed someone to be here to look after the animals.

So I decided that I'd find some local job and try a brick and mortar school right away instead. I knew it'd mean not much time and not much money, but I figured since I'd heard of other people doing it, I could do it too, right?

Well... I've got this job in an opinion research company, working between 45 and 50 hours a week and making almost exactly half (Literally. I'm not kidding.) of what I would in the truck... I took this particular job (or rather the job I initially took with the company) because I knew opinion survey work is stressless and almost mindless, as long as you've got a good reading voice and diction and a decent sense of vocabulary... I knew it'd be easy, in other words. I also figured there would be room to advance into survey writing and analysis eventually, and that all of that would be good on a resume if I went for some campaign work.

Well... I've been with the company about... what...? Two months now? I've been promoted like five times, and the last promotion possible without the owner's retirement is well within visual range... The top of the food chain, the sort of general office manager and data analyst, the person the whole office can't run without...? Well she's joining the peace corps, for gawds sake, and I'm supposed to take over for her. All this on a wage I'd be embarrassed to discuss in public? The money is strictly laughable, when measured against the value or quality of the work, but the flexibility for school schedule is very valuable... If I can actually get enough time off to do my homework.

Which brings me to the subject of school. I signed up for 12 credit hours at a local community college, partially because it's cheaper, partly because it's the largest community college in the counry, I guess... 29,000 students. So lots of classes and subjects to choose from.

I figure I need tough classes to look good on a law school application, so I'm taking three honors courses (Go ahead... Everyone else does.), which means assloads of homework.

So, yeah... I'm sorry I've been out of touch, but I just haven't had more than a few minutes at the computer in what seems like -ages-... And everytime I think "hey... I should email my BCI forum UN and PW to my work address... at least I'd have a half second to post there..." I never actually remember to do it.

So... um... yeah. I guess this got a little long, huh? I'll shut up now.
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Blogging and ranting at: The Devil's Advocate... See also...

The semi-developed country... http://www.honormacdonald.com

Warning: Xenophile.
Honor
Cartoon Hero

Postby Toawa on Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:57 pm

Honor wrote:Which brings me to the subject of school. I signed up for 12 credit hours at a local community college, partially because it's cheaper, partly because it's the largest community college in the counry, I guess... 29,000 students. So lots of classes and subjects to choose from.

Hear hear. Going to a CC before transfering was one of the best decisions I ever made, and at least two of my siblings are/will be doing the same.

But now I must go onto a bit of local pride; I think we might have the largest CC. (You wouldn't think CCs would have such high enrollments, but the combination of low tuition, (relatively) low entry standards, lots of satellite campuses, lots of correspondance/online courses, etc., CCs tend to have huge enrollments. Our local one covers basically the entire southwest quarter of Illinois.)

Edit: Ok, I looked it up and we only have 15000 :( But it's still pretty darn big.
Toawa, the Rogue Auditor.
(Don't ask how I did it; the others will be ticked if they realize I'm not at their stupid meetings.)
Interdimensional Researcher, Builder, and Trader Extraordinaire
Toawa
Cartoon Hero

Postby Irish Witch on Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:04 am

Good to hear from you finally!
The place tends to be very boring without you - and I can safely say your presence is missed...

At the very least you could satisfy our curiosity with pictures around the workplace! I may be the only one interested but bricklayers are good!
Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Postby Honor on Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:34 pm

Irish Witch wrote:...I may be the only one interested but bricklayers are good!

*grins*

Had me puzzled for a little while there, Irish... when I said "brick and morter" I meant "in physical buildings" as opposed to online. Sorry... But, if I help lay any brick or block in the near future, I'll be sure to wear tight jeans and a skimpy tank top and send you pictures. ;-)

And thank you for the email, luv :-)
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Blogging and ranting at: The Devil's Advocate... See also...

The semi-developed country... http://www.honormacdonald.com

Warning: Xenophile.
Honor
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nithos on Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:58 pm

Glad to have you back Honor :D

Sounds like you're doing your usual kickass job at work, even if the pay isn't great, it sounds like you'll have an absolutly glowing reference if you go searching for better pay some day.

Just a thought on the financial side of school - you didn't make any mention of scholarships. It sounds like you're building up an impressive resume and transcript at the moment with your rapid promotions and honors courses, things like that look really, really good on scholarship applications. The kind of bullshit you have to write for some of those scholarships seems like it'd be perfect practice for someone interested in being a lawyer, too (if you want to have some real fun, I found an online application for a scholarship awarded to the person who wrote the most interesting essay on Ayn Rand's objectivism philosophy as espoused in Atlas Shrugged...).

Hope you find more time to post, we missed ya!
Nithos
Regular Poster

Postby Irish Witch on Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:04 am

Honor wrote:
Irish Witch wrote:...I may be the only one interested but bricklayers are good!

*grins*

Had me puzzled for a little while there, Irish... when I said "brick and morter" I meant "in physical buildings" as opposed to online. Sorry... But, if I help lay any brick or block in the near future, I'll be sure to wear tight jeans and a skimpy tank top and send you pictures. ;-)

And thank you for the email, luv :-)

:-?

Here I thought I was making sense... Where I am a brick and mortor school is another name for a building apprenticeship. As in contruction, brickwork, managinng building sites, etc etc.... And such places are usually full of sterotyped (ok maybe not so full) bare-chested men with lots of muscles and should the building be fairly big a hardhat or two! Hence my desire to see photos!

And now you mutter something about computers???

:-?

Of course, I understand you'll have to get into the course first!
Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Postby CJBurgandy on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:22 am

CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Grabmygoblin on Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:40 pm

^^^^^ that both makes me laugh evilly and smack my head. kinda in one motion. like :lol:>_< but faster.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby SpasticSage on Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:02 pm

Hrrrmmm....

I'm all for teenagers holding off for awhile, but someone needs to talk to these kinds of conservatives about "means" and "ends". (especially if the means are giving false and biased information)

And while I consider myself to be a devout christian (not the same as "politically conservative"), I want to go on record as saying that these "oaths of abstinance" have always seemed pretty stupid to me. If you choose to forego sex, you don't need to take an oath to do it.

/soapbox

sorry, I can't help myself sometimes...
SpasticSage
Regular Poster

Location: Teetering on the knife's edge between wisdom and lunacy.

Previous

Return to Burgundy Comics, Inc.