Cross-over, anyone?

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

. . .

Postby VileTerror on Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:46 am

Is this turning int othe Humbug and TdotOdot2k cross-over thread, or am I just hallucinating?
Odd that "Skype" isn't one of the options in the profile. Granted, MSN is now defunct and Skype its replacement . . .
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.

Postby Dotty on Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:51 am

Yup. I think it's official. We're the crossover king and queen for the day n_n
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Right.

Postby VileTerror on Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:53 am

* destroys the crossover kingdom and assassinates its rulers *
Odd that "Skype" isn't one of the options in the profile. Granted, MSN is now defunct and Skype its replacement . . .
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.

Re: Right.

Postby Dotty on Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:55 am

VileTerror wrote:* destroys the crossover kingdom and assassinates its rulers *

You would assassinate humbug? I could understand myself, as I'm like that festering itch that's under your skin, but ...but... HUMBUG! Her talent is raw, and it bleeds even though you patch the wounds.

Plus she has those smilies.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Right.

Postby VileTerror on Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:56 am

* eats the talkative corpse in an attempt to absorb its power, or at the very least silence it, brings Humbug back from the dead, and assassinates Humbug's smilies *

Better?
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Postby Dotty on Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:04 am

Someone suggested to me that the three of us to an ultimate imbred crossover thing, and I thought that an interesting idea.

Do you have anything beyond http://vileterror.keenspace.com to look through? Cause I'm told you're an excellent artist, but I don't quite get IBD. o_O

All I got is
http://www.tdotcomics.com
and
http://elvenbaath.keenspace.com (not launched yet)
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Hmm . . .

Postby VileTerror on Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:15 am

<small>Poor I Blame Danny . . . so much wasted effort . . .</small>
<b>You may <i>think</i> I Blame Danny is just a dump site, chalk full of pointless stick figure drawings! "Beyond I Blame Danny?" PHA! <i>IT</i>'s the pinnacle! Has no one seen the effort? The allusions? The painfully equated mathematic hypotheses?</b> Apparently not . . .

* breathes deeply *

But now is not the time to become all hissy-pissy. I apologize, but I needed to get that off my chest, and this seemed like the most opportune location.

You may find some of what you seek at http://vileterror.keenspace.com/Fanatical.html
and, though it's more likely than not that this will just end up confusing you further, a few character biographies can be found at http://vileterror.keenspace.com/Bios.html

<small>I'm <i>this close</i> to betraying my ideals for an ounce of understanding . . . <b><i>this close</i></b>!</small>
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Postby Orion on Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:27 am

*pushes VileTerror over the edge*
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

* spreads wings and flies *

Postby VileTerror on Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:34 am

I'm <i>FREE</i>! Free falling!
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Re: Hmm . . .

Postby Dotty on Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:15 pm

VileTerror wrote:<small>Poor I Blame Danny . . . so much wasted effort . . .</small>
<b>You may <i>think</i> I Blame Danny is just a dump site, chalk full of pointless stick figure drawings! "Beyond I Blame Danny?" PHA! <i>IT</i>'s the pinnacle! Has no one seen the effort? The allusions? The painfully equated mathematic hypotheses?</b> Apparently not . . .

* breathes deeply *

But now is not the time to become all hissy-pissy. I apologize, but I needed to get that off my chest, and this seemed like the most opportune location.

You may find some of what you seek at http://vileterror.keenspace.com/Fanatical.html
and, though it's more likely than not that this will just end up confusing you further, a few character biographies can be found at http://vileterror.keenspace.com/Bios.html

<small>I'm <i>this close</i> to betraying my ideals for an ounce of understanding . . . <b><i>this close</i></b>!</small>

Unless you were joking, I'll apologize right now. I honestly can say I don't understand the comic very well, the navigation seems random, and the comics themselves are HUGE, thus being hard to read....but it's your medium, and your message. If theres something more to it, sorry if I offended you.

On a lighter note, I liked the thing you said I wouldn't understand, that being your collection of pictures. I'd seen them around the navigation area before, appearing randomly, but didn't think much of it.

I also thought you were the artist of roughies, to which I would have given great amounts of praise. I love that little comic.

Anyways, yeah, sorry. :(
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Whoa!

Postby VileTerror on Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:29 pm

It's alright. I wasn't lashing out at you, I was just lashing out. You were the cataylst, so if you feel like apologizing to someone, apologize to all those people who are tired of reading my rants. The good news, most of those people won't be reading this thread, so even that apology is unnecessary.

No one understands I Blame Danny, that's why I freaked. Sure a few people claim to enjoy it, fewer still claim to be able to navigate it.

The Fanatical page wasn't what I was referring to when I said "though it's more likely than not that this will just end up confusing you further". It's just a "fanart" page. I meant the biography page would confuse you further.

And, no. Sadly I am not Brian Waibel . . . <i>or am I?</i>
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Postby Humbug on Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:02 pm

You can't assasinate my smilies, they'll live on and on and on until I die. Whoops, just gave you an idea did I? *flees* Image
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

Well . . .

Postby VileTerror on Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:04 pm

You <i>did</i> die.

So doesn't that mean I can assassinate your smilies, as I just did?
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Postby Humbug on Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:09 am

Hah, they probably revived with me.
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

Right.

Postby VileTerror on Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:15 am

Okay, enough fun. Let's get down to business.

Which actually doesn't mean we can't have fun with work, but it's just that we shouldn't be having mindless fun.

Well, not that there's anything wrong with mindless fun, anymore than there's something wrong with having mindless torture, but that's- ACK!

Right. So what's the plan for the threeway?
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Postby Dotty on Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:16 pm

Well, she's stealing a character from me...dunno which one, and I'm stealing one from her. I'm thinking the evil mage guy.

As for yourself, well, we'll both have to steal something from you, and you'll have to steal from us.

My keenspace account isn't active yet, won't be for a couple of weeks. My tdotcomics.com account has plenty of stuff in it, all of which will appear on the keenspace comic.

Now, how the crossover will work, is what we need to discuss. Without revealing plot...to anyone. Evil Evil plot revealers.

How we can do this, is entirely up to you two. I'm currently inking the perfect world crossover place for my main dude (Atra...dude in my sig) to meet the evil bad guy...or anyone else for that matter. Unless you both need to use Atra. If thats the case, I can use the crossover choice of mine somewhere else, on a character you two do not take. You know, so I don't draw the ones you take for a while, thus explaining how it all went down at the same time.

Hrm. This seems complicated.
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Hmm . . .

Postby VileTerror on Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:47 pm

Nah, it's not complicated. Just confusing to high hell!

Should work perfectly.
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Postby Humbug on Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:49 pm

Sweet :D I'd like to see how it turns out before I make any final decisions. As for VileTerror yea, I could steal a character from your comic. Image
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

Well . . .

Postby VileTerror on Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:59 pm

Have at it! Who's the "lucky" contestant?
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Postby Dotty on Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:20 pm

Humbug wrote:Sweet :D I'd like to see how it turns out before I make any final decisions. As for VileTerror yea, I could steal a character from your comic. Image

I'll send you a pm later on about what I'm thinking with your evil mage dude. It's a bit of a twisted plot, but if there are no objections on your end, it could end up damn cool.

As for the cast character I steal from VileTerror...well....I'll really have to think on that, but I think I have a few ideas of various roles it could play.
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers