Sinister Bedfellows

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
Post Reply
Mckenzee
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:33 am
Contact:

Sinister Bedfellows

Post by Mckenzee »

I'm getting attention in other venues, so I thought I should pimp myself here too. http://mckenzee.keenspace.com
Image

Wp
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:08 am
Contact:

Post by Wp »

Wow, this is surprisingly interesting. Some very deep comments and others that are just humorously nonsensical. Very unique concept.

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

I've actually already seen this. I like it. You take the picture, right?
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

Mckenzee
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:33 am
Contact:

Post by Mckenzee »

I take the photos myself, do minimal editing and write the strips.

I never shoot them intentionally for the strip, I just look through photos I'm taking anyway and see if any work for the comic. The text always comes after the strip.

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Steverules »

I really like it. The photos are fantastic. Your writing is perfect, not so much it distracts from the photo, not so little that it's overwhelmed by the photo. All around good job.
Image

User avatar
Underbelly
Regular Poster
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:04 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by Underbelly »

Wow. Yeah, this is cool stuff. Some are funny, some are kinda melancholy whimsical.

It's always nice to see something really original and different on 'space.
Image

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

This is probably one of the most fantastic things I've ever seen. It streaches your brain a little bit to get the humor (good thing. VERY good thing) and the combination of photos and writing really is perfect.

I especially liked this one, though. http://mckenzee.keenspace.com/d/20041010.html

I know SO many people like that.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Fiore42
Regular Poster
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:51 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by Fiore42 »

I'll add myself to the acclaim--most interesting. Never--for me--laugh-out-loud funny, but that's not a criticism, only a comment on the quirky and subtle nature of the humor.
Image

User avatar
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
Contact:

Post by Mr Ekshin »

It reminds me of "A softer world".

But what the hell; your stuff is good. And it's all based on the work of Ashleigh Brilliant anywho, even if the authors don't know it. More along these lines is a good thing.

This is a good strip to find. I recommend it highly. Please keep snapping and captioning. :D

Peas.

:)
Judge dredge.

User avatar
Catgirldo
Regular Poster
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:44 am
Location: Dallas, Texas
Contact:

Strip

Post by Catgirldo »

Hi,

I ran into your link on the Trinoc site a week or so ago and read your strip then, so I've had a couple of weeks for it to "steep" in my head and see what I really think. While it's not the genre I prefer, it is original in the photos and wording. A few of the strips stayed with me and gave me reason to stop and think. I will be interested in seeing where you go with this. It is difficult to classify and in some ways reminds me of those greeting cards you sometimes find that follow a similar format, only I think yours are broader and somewhat more complex. In the end I guess the good part is that I would like to see more of your work, so you've captured my interest and that's a large part of capturing minds and hearts. (Also Fandom and Fame but we don't care about that... we're Artists....right? )

Best Wishes


CAT

(Oh.. see you at Trinoc!)



http://catgirldo.keenspace.com

User avatar
Distant screaming
Regular Poster
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: West Islip, NY
Contact:

Post by Distant screaming »

It's like a .....post-modern comic strip. I really like it.

EDIT: After 4 minutes of pondering, I've decided to link you. Mostly because I like the concept. Linking you from my site probably won't mean anything else.
Image

Cave Monster
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:56 pm
Contact:

Post by Cave Monster »

Some really nice subtle stuff. A few comments-

In some of your photos with darker values, the white text bars really flatten them out.

Statues ARE funny.

I don't think the fuzzy borders are doing much for you.

My favorites are the ones with a textless panel that lets the image tell its part of the story.

Hope to see more, these are very fun!
Image

Mckenzee
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:33 am
Contact:

Post by Mckenzee »

Kicking this back to the top of the list. 2 years seemed long enough to wait.

User avatar
Lance
Regular Poster
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: Los Angeles CA USA
Contact:

Post by Lance »

Glad you bumped this up, I'd never seen your stuff before.
I really enjoyed it's sharp, bittersweet, mellow, funny,
thoughtful content.

couple favorites:
http://mckenzee.comicgenesis.com/d/20070909.html
http://mckenzee.comicgenesis.com/d/20070909.html

Have you ever run into tiny ghosts?

http://www.tinyghosts.com/
Last edited by Lance on Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
THE CATES: the sci-fi fetish fantasy bdsm romantic adventure dysfunctional family theater comix serial:
NSFW!!!

Mckenzee
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:33 am
Contact:

Post by Mckenzee »

Yeah, Chris did a short story for my anthology and I did a blurb for his. We actually met accidentally at SPX this year.

User avatar
Lance
Regular Poster
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: Los Angeles CA USA
Contact:

Post by Lance »

well you guys do excellent emotionally engaging work.
Image
THE CATES: the sci-fi fetish fantasy bdsm romantic adventure dysfunctional family theater comix serial:
NSFW!!!

Post Reply