Relaunch the second [1st Jan 2005]

S'a point.

Postby Schissel on Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:58 am

quoting_mungo wrote:Of course he would beg to differ. 'Rose's little brother likes being delusional and thinking he's the greatest mage to ever walk the earth. 'Rose usually humors him because it's easier than arguing and less messy than actually proving him wrong.

The Gods can multi-task just fine. They just... Don't like being in two actual physical places at once. It makes their heads hurt. Or something. They feel rather split, I guess. That, and glaring at people 24/9 gets boring after a while.

-Alexandra

Well, Ether should have the patience of Air (not much) others moreso. I can understand the bit about doublevision, though.

24/9? What are the days' names?...
If Sah' and Rose were too very different in abilities then the former wouldn't have been able to block the latter, though, I assume.
-on the other hand knows what he gets from assumptions Eric.
My beliefs are firmly rooted in my recollection of the gist of my understanding of the gestalt of the overall issue, more or less, dang it!
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:44 am

I don't know what the days' names are. Hence Avelyon High characters never referring to the days by name.

Meh. As I said, it's a lot easier to just humor Sah'.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:59 am

quoting_mungo wrote:I don't know what the days' names are. Hence Avelyon High characters never referring to the days by name.

Meh. As I said, it's a lot easier to just humor Sah'.

-Alexandra

Now that's depressing.. he was pretending to have his powers blocked to humor Sah' (until he needed them unblocked in that arc?) Mrp.
(For the first day of the week, my... *BAAAAPPP****!)
-Eric
My beliefs are firmly rooted in my recollection of the gist of my understanding of the gestalt of the overall issue, more or less, dang it!
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:07 am

No, not pretending. Just not feeling like extending the effort to unblock them on his own, since it wastes time and pisses his spoiled little brat of a brother (yes, that's about how he sees Sah') off.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:11 am

quoting_mungo wrote:No, not pretending. Just not feeling like extending the effort to unblock them on his own, since it wastes time and pisses his spoiled little brat of a brother (yes, that's about how he sees Sah') off.

-Alexandra

I'd not argue with him wholly, nor with Sah' either.

How did it 'play out' after he threw off the blocks (since he had to, since there was trouble, but it did show Sah' that he _could_ - but I imagine that once the situation - I refer to the multi-comic invasion of two years or thereabouts back, my memory is as good as it always is! - was resolved, he and Sah' had words, I would have been interested to have heard them...)

-Eric of a Few Colors
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:38 am

Nothing really happened of it. Sah' was puzzled as to how Shadow could possibly have done such a thing, put new barriers up, and that was that.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

To change the thread just a bit since this came to mind

Postby Schissel on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:11 pm

How long ago is the current storyline? Couldn't be twenty odd years ago with a young (ok, ex.)assassin-to-be riding a fast pony outpacing gryphons... (He says missing the mark by a planet, and lucky not to miss it by starsystems.) But then these wouldn't be, as you said, unknown characters, nor only technically pre-Haven. Try again, horseness. HRM.

(Just vaaait, ...)

It did finally hit me when in Grivjon, use gryphons. *blink* Took this long. Gah.

-Eric
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:07 pm

Umm, horsie... Logic, here?
1. First comic has Sah', Colone and Gina.
2. Second comic says meanwhile-elsewhere, so it happens at the same time (or roughly so).
3. Shadowrose is Sah's <I>older</I> brother.
4. Shadowrose is and always was a redhead, anycase.

So no, boy would not be Shadowrose.

That, and Shadowrose is about fourty-fifty years old, only some handful years Colone's junior, or so.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:11 pm

quoting_mungo wrote:Umm, horsie... Logic, here?
1. First comic has Sah', Colone and Gina.
2. Second comic says meanwhile-elsewhere, so it happens at the same time (or roughly so).
3. Shadowrose is Sah's <I>older</I> brother.
4. Shadowrose is and always was a redhead, anycase.

So no, boy would not be Shadowrose.

That, and Shadowrose is about fourty-fifty years old, only some handful years Colone's junior, or so.

-Alexandra

Logic has never been my strong point. (Yes, point.)
(I believe OMW is down, mimicking an agency with two of the three initials, so in my defense some of that would have been easier to check than other parts. I had some of it on one of my other machine, but not even that now, I believe, unless I ask for specific chapters, yes.)

My second and equally unlikely vote was for Mr. Terav'a's son, you know. ;)

If gryphons are associated-animals (totem isn't quite right) in some vague sense of Grivjon, are there associated animals with the other largeish cities?
-Eric
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:22 am

OMW has been down since Crosswinds decided to be a bunch of doodie-heads, and the current version of it is very different, anycase. THAT version has never been posted much of anywhere.

Shadowrose is paranoid. Certainly wouldn't allow any child of his to go out with a crazy eight-legged pony to spy on armies.

Grivjon is a state rather than a city, capital, where the Grivjon family have their castle thingy, is Herkrip.
Likewise Tragash is a state, capital is Avelyon.

Grivon heraldry has a gryphon (I think black on gold or somesuch, yes...) and Tragash has a winged lioness (red/gold on silver), Saghas (capital Sihainne) has a black rearing stallion. I don't recall the others offhand, someone has a sprig of iron oak, someone else has a bear, Silverarrow has, well, a silver arrow on blue... I have it all on my home computer, really. It'll (hopefully) go up when I get passwords and such for erigineea.com.

Grivjon breed gryphons, as do the Gryphon family on the Islands of the sun. Saghas breeds horses. Felavians (winged, oversized felines) don't really have any presence in Erigineea in PH day.

Grivjon also have a major feud thing going on with 1) Tragash and 2) the Glass Dagger mercenaries. The thing with Tragash is old and senseless, the thing with the Glass Daggers is deserved (by Grivjon, because they did some rather nonsensical bad things to one member of the company back when mercenaries were allowed to form entire companies).

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:20 am

quoting_mungo wrote:OMW has been down since Crosswinds decided to be a bunch of doodie-heads, and the current version of it is very different, anycase. THAT version has never been posted much of anywhere.

Shadowrose is paranoid. Certainly wouldn't allow any child of his to go out with a crazy eight-legged pony to spy on armies.

Allow? Just because one's father's an ex-assassin (who by the way insists on the ex-) is no reason not to slip out from under once in awhile.

In continuation a continuing quoting_mungo did continue, explaining, wrote:Grivjon is a state rather than a city, capital, where the Grivjon family have their castle thingy, is Herkrip.
Likewise Tragash is a state, capital is Avelyon.

Grivon heraldry has a gryphon (I think black on gold or somesuch, yes...) and Tragash has a winged lioness (red/gold on silver), Saghas (capital Sihainne) has a black rearing stallion. I don't recall the others offhand, someone has a sprig of iron oak, someone else has a bear, Silverarrow has, well, a silver arrow on blue... I have it all on my home computer, really. It'll (hopefully) go up when I get passwords and such for erigineea.com.

Grivjon breed gryphons, as do the Gryphon family on the Islands of the sun. Saghas breeds horses. Felavians (winged, oversized felines) don't really have any presence in Erigineea in PH day.

Grivjon also have a major feud thing going on with 1) Tragash and 2) the Glass Dagger mercenaries. The thing with Tragash is old and senseless, the thing with the Glass Daggers is deserved (by Grivjon, because they did some rather nonsensical bad things to one member of the company back when mercenaries were allowed to form entire companies).

-Alexandra

This I imagine one can enforce somewhat more effectively (see above) though not necessarily much more so. (Allowed (and by whom, there..)? Depends how many resources one's willing to divert to prevent...)
Eric
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:15 pm

This is Shadowrose. He's paranoid. If it meant he had to chain the kid to him he WOULD keep it out of trouble. And it's rather hard to hide the fact that a cocky eight-legged pony and a kid disappear from the village at the same time.

The no-merc-companies thing is very enforceable. Simply because the king will have a bone to pick with whoever hires a whole company (since that'd be rather obvious, what with at least the Glass Daggers and the Scarlet Gloves having their trademark symbols, and I think the other companies of old times as well), so nobody will, and if it means no jobs, the mercs sure as hell aren't sticking together.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:43 pm

quoting_mungo wrote:This is Shadowrose. He's paranoid. If it meant he had to chain the kid to him he WOULD keep it out of trouble. And it's rather hard to hide the fact that a cocky eight-legged pony and a kid disappear from the village at the same time.

The no-merc-companies thing is very enforceable. Simply because the king will have a bone to pick with whoever hires a whole company (since that'd be rather obvious, what with at least the Glass Daggers and the Scarlet Gloves having their trademark symbols, and I think the other companies of old times as well), so nobody will, and if it means no jobs, the mercs sure as hell aren't sticking together.

-Alexandra

And the horsie is down on all counts! We have a winnah!! Thanks, Cleo. Just... thanks. *fwop*

(When looking ahead, never ignore the obvious, such as the possibility that the Grivjon riders will encounter Sah' and Colone, perhaps because of the boy, "Plot E. Device", and pony.)

-Eric the demented and unconscious horsie
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:26 am

Well, it's not obvious to others, perhaps. After all, much of Erigineeaverse exists only in my head, so far.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:40 pm

quoting_mungo wrote:Well, it's not obvious to others, perhaps. After all, much of Erigineeaverse exists only in my head, so far.

-Alexandra

And the master of banal statements horsie says, mustn't be too obvious nor too arcane, too all-out-before reader nor all-hidden. And the rabbit, to add to the general aura of balance in all things, gives a few THWAPs from kep for good measure.
Schissel
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Paladins' Haven