Full Metal Alchemist

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Postby TheLoserHero on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:57 pm

**about to explode, wanting to spoil everything**
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Postby Grabmygoblin on Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:28 pm

TheLoserHero wrote:**about to explode, wanting to spoil everything**

*pokes to see if he will explode*
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Arumo on Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:18 am

TheLoserHero wrote:I personally like all the voices that have been cast so far.

In defense of Ed's voice actor, the character of Ed fluctuates from little kid who screams at you for calling him little and a serious, tortured genius. That's hard as hell to pull off without it sounding a little funny.

NOW SHADDAP AND WATCH THE SERIES, ITS GREAT

I didn't really like the actor for Alphonse. Did they get a real kid to do the voice? I don't know, the acting seemed too much like a cold read.
Arumo
Regular Poster

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:31 pm

But his voice is so cute! Image
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby Wp on Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:45 pm

I like subs much better than dubs. I can never stand the American voice actors because they over-act. If you got some real voice talents (voices for high budget video games and animated movies), then that would be ok. But as is... pretty pathetic. The funny thing is, I don't know Japanese well enough to tell when there is bad voice acting, so I think all Japanese voices are good! :lol:
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:36 pm

Oh, yeah, subs over dubs any day, but when it's on TV over here, there isn't really much of a choice. (Unless maybe if you have that anime network thing? We don't know anything about that, though.)
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby Isukiyomi on Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:03 pm

Did anyone watch FM and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Episodes on Adult Swim today? Can you tell me what happened? (is sadly without tv until Christmas)
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:35 am

Offical synopsis of episode five from fullmetal-alchemist.com:

(If you couldn't tell, SPOILERS AHEAD!)

While talking with Roy Mustang on the phone, Ed and Al are told to board a departing train. Puzzled, the two board the train and head to Central City. They have a pleasant encounter with a little girl on the train; however there are many suspicious looking passengers on board.

It just so happens that General Hakuro and his family are on the same train. While on patrol, one of the guards spots some suspicious passengers, Ed and Al. Confirming the presence of Ed and Al on the train, the guard is cornered by two train-jackers. Simultaneously, the General and his family are taken hostage as his guards are killed.

Bard is the leader of the train-jackers and a member of the resistance fighting for East liberation. He demands the trade of the opposition's leader from the Eigth Prison to Central Station for hostages.

Even after Ed and Al knock out the two guards who have taken the train car, the other passengers remain frightened and would much rather have reached Central City without any trouble. Given the circumstances, Ed and Al decide to act on their own to defuse the situation.

From the top, Ed proceeds to the front car and Al from the bottom. Ed meets Hughes outside, and they proceed to advance on the front. With the help of the train operators, Ed and Hughes retake the engine room but are spotted by another of the train-jackers. Using alchemy, Ed creates a cannon that rides them of this nusance.

Losing control of the situation, the train-jackers become nervous. With only the General's train car left, Ed issues an ultamatum to the criminals to release all hostages. He then proceeds to flood the car with water. Al, at the other end of the car, opens the door and cleans up the job.

Trying to sway Ed for the wrong reasons, Bard is defeated by Ed when Ed destroys Bard's auto-mail arm and Al knocks him out. With the situation resolved, the rest of the ride to Central City is a smooth one.

At the station, Bard attempts one last rebellion but is quickly put down by Mustang's flame alchemy. Because of his accomplishment in rescuing all the hostages, the General has given Ed and Al special permission to take the National Alchemist Test.

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby Isukiyomi on Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:20 pm

sweet! Thanks M&M ^_^V
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Arumo on Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:33 pm

I prefer the sub a lot too. Like in Gravitation, and I think they used the voice of Gourry from Slayers as Hiro. I also think they have the voice of Chichiri from Fushigi Yugi playing Ryuichi, I should look it up. But yeah, I prefer subs over dubs, sometimes if I'm feeling odd I'll watch it in dub with the subtitles on to see how they changed the story. It's funny how a few short words can change a whole lot of plot.
Arumo
Regular Poster

Postby MixedMyth on Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:53 pm

I've only seen exactly half of it. Makes me so sad. The need to see the rest burns. Bah. :cry:
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Grabmygoblin on Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:40 am

I missed it on saturday, but gathered the details from other forums. :-?
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:50 am

:cry: It was SO SAD!!! :cry:

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby MixedMyth on Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:41 pm

Lemme guess- it was the Nina episode?
ImageImage Mixed Myth
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:05 pm

Yeah! :cry:

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby MixedMyth on Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:17 pm

Her dad is the creepiest guy ever. So VERY creepy. :o
ImageImage Mixed Myth
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:23 pm

Yes.

(Lots of italicizing going on... ^ ^;;)

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby MixedMyth on Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:04 am

Hmm. What a great threat for children. "Now be good, or Nina's father will come and get you."

Muahahahaw...
ImageImage Mixed Myth
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Keffria on Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:26 pm

*SPOILER!* You were warned. (Highlight to read. And in tiny text, too.) *is still embarassed about ruining Escaflowne for mecharm...*

I don't get it; why did he use his daughter? Why not just pull some random person off the street and combine it with some animal he found in the gutter or something? Perhaps they explain it in the dub? Or was I half-asleep? (That's what you get for watching anime after midnight, I guess. But still -- what kind of parent does that?!)
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby Isukiyomi on Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:09 pm

Escaflowne's ending was cool even though I didn't get to see it. And Nina's Father truly is creepy :o The guy who...err...undid what happened to Nina looks uber-cool ^_^
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to KeenIME