Read or Die

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Postby Wp on Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:37 am

Actually, ROD the OAV is very loosely based on the original manga ROD. ROD the TV series is based on the sequel to the original manga.

ROD the TV series has Yomiko in it later on (whoops, spoiler) and Nenene was her best friend (who seems to have an interesting crush on Yomiko). Nenene is looking for Yomiko, who seems to have disappeared, and she is joined with the three Paper Sisters Detective Agency, who have paper powers as well (though not nearly as powerful).

The action is very nice in some episodes, but mostly it's about a bonding between the three sisters and Nenene. It gets very sappy at times, with those "awww, how cute" moments.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheLoserHero on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:58 pm

BOO HISS

WE WANT NANCY

(j/k... I prefer Yomiko. I <3 the librarian types)
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Postby Wp on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:13 pm

If you've seen the end of the OAV like you said you have, you'd know that Nancy is no longer the same as she used to be. And yes, she does show up as well.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Arumo on Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:50 pm

Nancy go crazy... and still has an obsession with paper. I think everyone just has a big lesbian crush on Yomiko. LOL. :D
Arumo
Regular Poster

Postby MixedMyth on Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:52 pm

I love the Read or Die OAVs. They tie with Trigun as my most favorite anime. I've been going through the TV series. Not...as good. I'm still entertained, but so far not as good. Granted, I'm only part way through. I do like Maggie, though. Creat character.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:24 pm

Whee! It's gonna be on again! Image
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Previous

Return to KeenIME