Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Postby Due_east on Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:17 am

...for the 12/22/04 strip on Christmas Political Correctness.

Finally, someone says it!!! 8)

P.S. - Raven's hair looks nice in this style.

Best Christmas Wishes,
Allen Steadham
Due_east

Soitenly!

Postby Hi-bry on Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:34 am

A.

You bet. I've had this subject brewing in my little brain for a long time. Even though I consider myself an agnostic, I try to be open-minded. I understand other holidays are being observed at the same time, but it fascinates me seeing the other observances out on the forefront. What holiday is it, really? It's a holiday, but we can't observe it?

BTW, I've been meaning to give you feedback on Due East. I liked what you had done so far.

And thanks for the words on R's hair. I may do it like this for a while. It's time I played with someone's hair besides Terry's.

Merry Christmas.
Bry
"Television is democracy at its ugliest."
-- Paddy Chayefsky (1923-1981), playwright

LCD :: Lowest Common Denominator
a comic strip by Bryan M. Richter
[url]LCD.comicgenesis.com[/url]
Hi-bry
Regular Poster

Re: Soitenly!

Postby Due_east on Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:12 pm

Hi Bry,

Thanks for the quick reply! :D

Yes, I think you've summed it up nicely. I think a lot of people don't like being reminded of the Christian nature of this country's history. It is what it is and, ironically, that nature of this country is what led to the freedoms we have today to observe whatever religion or holiday (or to follow no religions or holidays).

Regarding Due East, I've updated through strip #13 now, btw (it was only up till #6 previously). Thank you for your kind words on the strips, I appreciate it.

http://dueeast.keenspace.com

Best Wishes,
Allen

hi-bry wrote:A.

You bet. I've had this subject brewing in my little brain for a long time. Even though I consider myself an agnostic, I try to be open-minded. I understand other holidays are being observed at the same time, but it fascinates me seeing the other observances out on the forefront. What holiday is it, really? It's a holiday, but we can't observe it?

BTW, I've been meaning to give you feedback on Due East. I liked what you had done so far.

And thanks for the words on R's hair. I may do it like this for a while. It's time I played with someone's hair besides Terry's.

Merry Christmas.
Bry
Due_east

Postby NR Pax on Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:45 am

Bry, I am joining in the chorus of "Thank Yous" for this storyline. I loathe the fact that we can mention Hannukah, Ramadan and Kwaanza, but folks get tied up in knots over Christmas.

"Let them leave it alone then." Absolute best way to handle the matter.
if ( ($problem < $keyboard) && (problem > $chair) ) then ( print "USER ERROR: Replace User"; )
NR Pax
Regular Poster

Postby Jamie on Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:32 am

Ad another vote tfor the Christmas comic! Well said! The New Year's Julie image ain't bad either! ;)

Take care,

Jamie
Jamie

Return to Lowest Common Denominator