Questions about the comic?

Questions about the comic?

Postby Ralloonx on Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:05 pm

Does anyone have any questions about the old comic? Since I probably won't be finishing it I'll answer what I can.

Yes, this is Laura. I can't log in as Kelen. :P
Ralloonx

Postby Docmortand on Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:55 pm

I add my gratitude to the masses in saying thanks for continuing Kelen, albeit under a different guise. As for questions, here's mine:

1) Other than the 30 year difference, are the two comics related? Will there be places in common, in other words.

2) What is the fate of Joe and Shali?

3) What is the fate of Arris? (Dunno why, but I'm insatiably curious about him, even tho he seems to be a bit player)

4) What is the fate of Henri and Bob? And who is the Henri-lookalike? Will we be seeing more of Henri, as he is elven? (I think there was a mention in the tag board about this, but I just want confirmation?)

5) By any wierd chance is this new guy related to Joe and Shali? *grin* or Arris, since the new comic is undertitled Dragon's Blood?

Again, thanks for any answers you can give, and so far the new comic is fantastic. I'm definately adding it to my read list.

Doc
Docmortand

Postby Ralloonx on Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:05 am

docmortand wrote:1) Other than the 30 year difference, are the two comics related? Will there be places in common, in other words.

Same world, so yes there are ties between the two. Faen is out there, and many of the same background characters will make appearances. The new story is about a new central character, and takes place in another country. some parts of it have been shown in the old Kelen.

2) What is the fate of Joe and Shali?

They get married, and not a whole lot more. Well, nothing we could consider exciting. ;) Shali becomes a master/teacher at the Tower, and Joe happily remains a librarian in the restricted area since he's immune to the dangerous things there. I might still do a short about the truth behind what Joe is, so I'm not willing to quite give that away.

3) What is the fate of Arris? (Dunno why, but I'm insatiably curious about him, even tho he seems to be a bit player)

Arris is under the effect of a curse. He went and pissed off the wrong witch is all. It wasn't something I ever planned on curing, but he does learn to assume a human shape thanks to watching Joe switch to the glowing form. I hadn't put a whole lot of effort into Arris sadly as there was simply so much going into other things. I feel bad about that considering the depth of the other characters.

4) What is the fate of Henri and Bob? And who is the Henri-lookalike? Will we be seeing more of Henri, as he is elven? (I think there was a mention in the tag board about this, but I just want confirmation?)

That isn't a Henri look alike.. that IS Henri. He and Bob are the only characters that are crossing over. After another ten something years in the Mage guard he gets tired of it, and Desen, and flees the city.

5) By any wierd chance is this new guy related to Joe and Shali? *grin* or Arris, since the new comic is undertitled Dragon's Blood?

Tyr is the new guy, and no he's no relation to any of the previous main characters. I said main characters for a reason. O:) Tyr is the son of one of the background characters.

-Laura
Ralloonx

Postby Docmortand on Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:41 pm

Ralloonx wrote:

That isn't a Henri look alike.. that IS Henri. He and Bob are the only characters that are crossing over. After another ten something years in the Mage guard he gets tired of it, and Desen, and flees the city.

Mrr? It sure looked like Henri directing the fiends who were taking the souls (the ones Joe and the Guard were trying to contain right before the break of story.) or at least responsible for them going berserk in the city. And this after he had the mark changed, and his personality looked pretty stable to me... What happened there?
Docmortand

Postby Ralloonx on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:36 pm

docmortand wrote:Mrr? It sure looked like Henri directing the fiends who were taking the souls (the ones Joe and the Guard were trying to contain right before the break of story.) or at least responsible for them going berserk in the city. And this after he had the mark changed, and his personality looked pretty stable to me... What happened there?

Oh! Doh, I thought you meant something else. x.x My bad!

That one is Henri's mother. She got killed and stole her cousin's body, then had it changed to look like Henri to try and get him killed. Go out, have fun, kill a few thousand people, and then have someone else take care of dealing with her son for her as he gets blamed for it all.

She wants Bob back. The only way she can get the elemental back is for Henri to die. The magic she used on herself to trap him in this world kind of backfired on her. She was expecting Bob to go to the cousin, her thinking Henri was dead.
Ralloonx

Return to Kelen