Full Metal Alchemist

The community of KeenSpace members with Anime interest. Not just a dropdown! Not just a manga! It's KEENIME!

Full Metal Alchemist

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:27 pm

YA~~~~~AYY!!! :D We've been wanting to see this series for a long time, but we're uber-broke, so it couldn't be more awesome that it's on Adult Swim!

One day, the Sugoi Fairy will visit us and give us wads and wads of cash to blow on all sorts of anime and manga (albeit, mostly shonen-ai)... and, oh, what a day that will be... :cry:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby JexKerome on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:29 am

Damn you, mexican Cartoon Network!

You got FMA, all we got was Kaleidostar!
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:30 am

Just to let you know, that after 51 episodes, the ending was very disappointing...
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:11 am

how does it end?
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:15 am

Isukiyomi wrote:how does it end?

You don't really want me to spoil it for everyone do you?
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheLoserHero on Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:56 pm

wp wrote:Just to let you know, that after 51 episodes, the ending was very disappointing...

My buddy told me there was a movie that would tie up the loose ends. I kinda figured something would be up with an ending titled...

*ahem* Great series, just an unsatisfying ending. But that's what happens when you screw with alchemy, kids. ^_^
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Postby Wp on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:14 pm

I don't really think there were any loose ends of major import.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheLoserHero on Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:34 pm

wp wrote:I don't really think there were any loose ends of major import.

Untrue! Where's the hawt Winry on Scheska action?! NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!~~!11ONE
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Re: Full Metal Alchemist

Postby IVstudios on Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:01 pm

MariaAndMichelle wrote:One day, the Sugoi Fairy will visit us and give us wads and wads of cash to blow on all sorts of anime and manga (albeit, mostly shonen-ai)... and, oh, what a day that will be... :cry:

*Wonders if Japanese kids waste all their money on Batman and Rocco
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:38 pm

ivstudios wrote:
MariaAndMichelle wrote:One day, the Sugoi Fairy will visit us and give us wads and wads of cash to blow on all sorts of anime and manga (albeit, mostly shonen-ai)... and, oh, what a day that will be... :cry:

You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby Arumo on Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:12 am

Full Metal alchemist looks cool. I saw the first episode and I love things with magic. But I was confused... was the gagging zombie carcass in the intro their dad?
Arumo
Regular Poster

Postby JexKerome on Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:29 am

MariaAndMichelle wrote:
ivstudios wrote:

Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheLoserHero on Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:00 pm

Arumo wrote:Full Metal alchemist looks cool. I saw the first episode and I love things with magic. But I was confused... was the gagging zombie carcass in the intro their dad?

Nope... they tried to perform a human transmutation on their dead mother. (Tried to bring her back to life) They failed gloriously. Al lost his body and Ed lost his right arm and left leg. Don't worry, they'll get into that with more detail.
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Postby Wp on Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:49 am

TheLoserHero wrote:Nope... they tried to perform a human transmutation on their dead mother. (Tried to bring her back to life) They failed gloriously. Al lost his body and Ed lost his right arm and left leg. Don't worry, they'll get into that with more detail.

Oh for goodness' sakes, you just ruined the first five minutes of the whole series!
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:45 am

wp wrote:
TheLoserHero wrote:Nope... they tried to perform a human transmutation on their dead mother. (Tried to bring her back to life) They failed gloriously. Al lost his body and Ed lost his right arm and left leg. Don't worry, they'll get into that with more detail.

Oh for goodness' sakes, you just ruined the first five minutes of the whole series!

I still want to know how it ends though ^_^
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Wp on Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:01 am

I'll PM you or something, if you'd like, but I don't want to spoil it for everyone else who hasn't seen it.
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Postby Isukiyomi on Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:17 am

PM sounds good ^^
Valar Morghulis - Art
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Keffria on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:32 pm

I started watching FMA when Anime-Keep and ANBU were fansubbing it, but after it was licensed, I couldn't bear to finish the series if I was going to have to watch a shoddily-done Engrish version. Then I found Spoon...! <3

As an aside, don't get me wrong - it's a good series and all - but after getting to episode 20-something, I was getting sick of hearing the same jokes over and over again... Yes, Ed is short; it's no longer funny.
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby TheLoserHero on Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:33 pm

...but his reactions are hilarious.
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Postby Wp on Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:35 am

Keffria wrote:I started watching FMA when Anime-Keep and ANBU were fansubbing it, but after it was licensed, I couldn't bear to finish the series if I was going to have to watch a shoddily-done Engrish version. Then I found Spoon...! <3

As an aside, don't get me wrong - it's a good series and all - but after getting to episode 20-something, I was getting sick of hearing the same jokes over and over again... Yes, Ed is short; it's no longer funny.

It's not really about the humor or even the overplayed dramatics. I thought the most enthralling part of the series was the cliffhangers and mystery. Of course, once you find out everything, it's a kind of disappointing...
Wp
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to KeenIME